Sponsored

Suggestion for Ford - Please offer a Y-Plan

Deleted member 3063

That's what the Corvette guys said.... in order to win in court you would have to buy the vehicle then sue for the difference plus maybe lost wages....
not many people would go through all that and the dealers know it
We're talking small claims court and I don't agree you have to accept the truck until the contract is complete as written. It cannot be sold out from under you while there is a valid contract. If it is sold you have a great case including damages.
Most people cave out of emotion, not legal logic.
Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're talking small claims court and I don't agree you have to accept the truck until the contract is complete as written. It cannot be sold out from under you while there is a valid contract completed by both parties. If it is sold you have a great case including damages.
Most people cave out of emotion, not legal logic.
good luck with the litigation - I just know it has happened and if dealer x (pun intended) gets away with it dealer y will follow suit
have to find "the honest ones" I guess

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
X-Plan was protection from being fucked by dealers and now thats been taken away. Sure, Ford said no adm but we really believe that? I don't trust Ford or ANY dealers here. It's about to be open season on our damn wallets and this pisses me right off.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, no. There’s no viable scenario where Ford would not take your money and give you a vehicle when they can, none. They already capped the reservations at a specific date for 2021. They aren’t actively trying to sabotage their own business so people get pissed off and cancel. This is all about dealers and appeasing them, they’re mad that smaller dealers are leveling the playing field with incentives.

“Hey boss we have more orders than anticipated, should we take away benefits so we lose money and overall sales?”

“GENIUS!! We’ll be much better off if we piss off our customer base because then we will have less stress to deliver!”

P.S. Colorado has lakes so I don’t know where you got your info FYI.
You had some smartass comment about lakefront property for sale...not sure where you were going with that...

But they did piss of a bunch of people, and made it worse for small dealers that would have has an X-plan sale that is now going to Granger or Stephens.
Usually X-plan buyers are repeat buyers, or more loyal to the brand, so why risk pissing them off?

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford: Give us discounted pricing (and delivery) based on our current bronco situation. There’s your loyalty program. You have a 1966 Bronco...you get $XXXX off and early (first round) delivery.

I’ll let y’all know how that works out for me!! :LOL:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had some smartass comment about lakefront property for sale...not sure where you were going with that...

But they did piss of a bunch of people, and made it worse for small dealers that would have has an X-plan sale that is now going to Granger or Stephens.
Usually X-plan buyers are repeat buyers, or more loyal to the brand, so why risk pissing them off?
Oceanfront property lol. We do not have oceans.

I’m not defending Ford, I think this move is bull and a direct slap to the face of their customers to line dealers pockets. I just do not believe it was done to entice people to look elsewhere for a vehicle. They’re just poorly managed and it feels more like a cash grab for a highly sought after vehicle.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oceanfront property lol. We do not have oceans.

I’m not defending Ford, I think this move is bull and a direct slap to the face of their customers to line dealers pockets. I just do not believe it was done to entice people to look elsewhere for a vehicle. They’re just poorly managed and it feels more like a cash grab for a highly sought after vehicle.
Oceanfront makes way more sense, and that was my first thought, but not what you wrote.
I have some beachfront property in Colorado, base of the Rockies, let me know if you’re interested.
I think the Bronco launch as a whole is poorly managed. Bronco should be released before Bronco Sport for less confusion for the general public on what the Bronco is, mix matched inconsistent details and dates, little to no communication/transparency to reservation holders.
They want to build a fan base, clubs or "Bronco Nation" around this vehicle, but spit in our faces?

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 2010 dealers could not order a Raptor unless there was a verified costumer order and warned dealers that such orders must result in a actual title transfer to that costumer.
I used that policy to leverage $2,000 below MSRP with no add ons at a time when everyone wanted a Rap, especially the 6.2L I ordered. There was no AXZ plans available.
I told the dealer the price I was willing to pay and if we couldn't agree I would shop until I found a dealer that would. If I walked the dealer would not get a sale or any profit. They decided to accept a reduced profit to get the sale providing I made a refundable $500 down payment.

Reservation holders have the same bargaining power as proven by some buying from remote dealerships. But have you used this tactic at your local? It's your reservation.
Cosidering that you are coming to them with the order, they are adding no value, other than perhaps a car wash and throwing away some plastic, it's good to hear you were able to leverage them. How many dealers did you have to go through?

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford: I am disappointed in your decision to not offer the X-Plan during MY 2021. To me, the benefit of the X-Plan was primarily in the “no haggle” price, the $100 document fee, and the fact that dealers could not force VIN etching, Fabric Protection, Wheel Locks etc., and extremely high document fees on me. The secondary benefit was a slight discount from MSRP.

My suggestion is that you offer a Y-Plan for all reservation holders who will take delivery of a Bronco during MY 2021. It is MSRP, plus a $100 document fee, and state mandated taxes, title fees, and license fees. Similar to the X-Plan, dealers cannot force add-ons (see above) on the consumer. It is simple, easy to administer, and most importantly, it will prevent price gouging by dealers.

Thanks for listening.
Yes, please the above :cool:?.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He got a new CEO in on October 1st that changed the plan...so it's not really on him.
I’ll give you that but just say that communications I would respect that more than oh well due to this that and the other were going back on what we said. You know I was always taught your word is all you have at the end of the day. Guess since ford is no longer ran by a ford they don’t really
Need to follow words to live by.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll give you that but just say that communications I would respect that more than oh well due to this that and the other were going back on what we said. You know I was always taught your word is all you have at the end of the day. Guess since ford is no longer ran by a ford they don’t really
Need to follow words to live by.
I agree that they should have kept the commitment.

Deleted member 3063

Cosidering that you are coming to them with the order, they are adding no value, other than perhaps a car wash and throwing away some plastic, it's good to hear you were able to leverage them. How many dealers did you have to go through?
"Coming to them with the order" that's exactly what reservation holders bring to the table. Where do dealers get off dictating all the terms? In reality they're getting a gift from you.
I actually visited 2 other Rap dealers previously and had brief unproductive conversations about over MSRP. I had bought product from both in the past, a 98 F150 Larait and a 2000 loaded Ranger.

We had previously bought the wife an Escape in 05 at the winning dealer so they vaguely knew me. It's a small, no showroom dealer near by.
Since then I gifted my mom a 2011 Focus and just two weeks back the wife tearfully traded the 05 Escape for a gorgeous Persian green 2020 2.0L AWD Escape from the same dealer.

And just because I'm that kind of guy :p I visited the other two dealers with the new Rap when I was in the neighborhood.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Coming to them with the order" that's exactly what reservation holders bring to the table. Where do dealers get off dictating all the terms? In reality they're getting a gift from you.
I actually visited 2 other Rap dealers previously and had brief unproductive conversations about over MSRP. I had bought product from both in the past, a 98 F150 Larait and a 2000 loaded Ranger.

We had previously bought the wife an Escape in 05 at the winning dealer so they vaguely knew me. It's a small, no showroom dealer near by.
Since then I gifted my mom a 2011 Focus and just two weeks back the wife tearfully traded the 05 Escape for a gorgeous Persian green 2020 2.0L AWD Escape from the same dealer.

And just because I'm that kind of guy :p I visited the other two dealers with the new Rap when I was in the neighborhood.
Nice! Hope you left some stripes in their parking lot. :) -- What I meant by "coming to them with the order" was that the literally aren't doing anything ( other than some paperwork and a car wash). - Maybe we are saying the same thing. -- They aren't doing test drives, they aren't showing the vehicles, we probably know more about the Bronco than their 'experts', and yet they seem to be entitled to charging whatever they can get away with. I'm not saying that dealers never offer any value - but in this case - they are basically just overhead. Ford could put the vehicle on a train and I'd be happy to collect it from the depot.

Deleted member 3063

Nice! Hope you left some stripes in their parking lot. :) -- What I meant by "coming to them with the order" was that the literally aren't doing anything ( other than some paperwork and a car wash). - Maybe we are saying the same thing. -- They aren't doing test drives, they aren't showing the vehicles, we probably know more about the Bronco than their 'experts', and yet they seem to be entitled to charging whatever they can get away with. I'm not saying that dealers never offer any value - but in this case - they are basically just overhead. Ford could put the vehicle on a train and I'd be happy to collect it from the depot.
We meant the same thing, my Rap spent barely two hours at the dealership. It's a rare dealer that knows a whole lot about their product but the excited owner called me in while it was still on the transport. When I flew in I caught him on his back under my truck, he might have been chubbed but I was looking elsewhere. :rolleyes:
lol, no stripes. 6.2L Raptors wheel hop real bad in 2wd and just scoot in 4wd. I take my old Cobra to leave stripes.
You'd not like your new Bronco at the depot. Ford ships all their product with the computers in "transport mode", detuned and with some of the bells and whistles disabled but I get your point and share the sentiment.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 2010 dealers could not order a Raptor unless there was a verified costumer order and warned dealers that such orders must result in a actual title transfer to that costumer.
I used that policy to leverage $2,000 below MSRP with no add ons at a time when everyone wanted a Rap, especially the 6.2L I ordered. There was no AXZ plans available.
I told the dealer the price I was willing to pay and if we couldn't agree I would shop until I found a dealer that would. If I walked the dealer would not get a sale or any profit. They decided to accept a reduced profit to get the sale providing I made a refundable $500 down payment.

Reservation holders have the same bargaining power as proven by some buying from remote dealerships. But have you used this tactic at your local? It's your reservation.
I would have agreed until today, checked with my dealer of close to 20 years and 7 cars on what kind of deal I could expect, MSRP + $660 Admin fees. They let me walk right out. I think some dealers just want to get through this Reservation stuff and then focus on the Bronco when they get them on their lots.
Sponsored