First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, I am fully aware of the shit show that resulted in a couple of incinerated Broncos due to "Reliable" Carriers, and I'm hopeful my Bronco won't experience a similar fate. I am also hopeful I won't need to use a shipping company, but it might be out of my control.

Does anyone have any past experience with shipping vehicles? There are a ton of companies out there, and I'm guessing they all stay pretty competitive with their pricing.

I would be looking at shipping my 2 door Bronco about 1,000 miles, and I have seen estimates ranging from $1,200 - $1,500 (open vs. enclosed).

Soooooo... which company is best to work with, and should I consider open or enclosed? I apologize if this has been covered before, but I can't seem to find much info about it on this forum. I suppose I could check all of the Google reviews, but I would much rather hear from someone on this forum with some direct experiences.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a car shipped from Miami to Little Rock, AR and went with an open carrier. The vast majority of vehicles are shipped on open carriers. If it was some high dollar exotic or collectable, then probably go with closed, but in my case the cost difference wasn't worth it.

Your dealer may have a shipper they work with, if so, let them make the arrangements as they do it every day. That's what I did. This assumes they're quoting a competitive price. Like you, I had a pretty good idea of the going rate,

Confirm that the carrier has insurance. It's on them once they pick it up.

Determine a convenient drop off point close to your house that the carrier can pull into.

These carriers typically plan their routes for picking up and dropping off multiple cars, so be prepared to be flexible on your drop off date. In other words, your Bronco may not get picked up the day it arrives at the dealership.

Realize that it won't look clean like you were picking it up at the dealership, it's just been on a 1,000 mile road trip!

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a car shipped from Miami to Little Rock, AR and went with an open carrier. The vast majority of vehicles are shipped on open carriers. If it was some high dollar exotic or collectable, then probably go with closed, but in my case the cost difference wasn't worth it.

Your dealer may have a shipper they work with, if so, let them make the arrangements as they do it every day. That's what I did. This assumes they're quoting a competitive price. Like you, I had a pretty good idea of the going rate,

Confirm that the carrier has insurance. It's on them once they pick it up.

Determine a convenient drop off point close to your house that the carrier can pull into.

These carriers typically plan their routes for picking up and dropping off multiple cars, so be prepared to be flexible on your drop off date. In other words, your Bronco may not get picked up the day it arrives at the dealership.

Realize that it won't look clean like you were picking it up at the dealership, it's just been on a 1,000 mile road trip!
Good info - Thanks!!

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmmm... Let me think about that. Nope.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have shipped, did not want to pay for enclosed, but selected top rack instead of bottom so no vehicle would be above to drip fluids

Sponsored
OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have shipped, did not want to pay for enclosed, but selected top rack instead of bottom so no vehicle would be above to drip fluids
Never even thought about that!! Thanks!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I am fully aware of the shit show that resulted in a couple of incinerated Broncos due to "Reliable" Carriers, and I'm hopeful my Bronco won't experience a similar fate. I am also hopeful I won't need to use a shipping company, but it might be out of my control.

Does anyone have any past experience with shipping vehicles? There are a ton of companies out there, and I'm guessing they all stay pretty competitive with their pricing.

I would be looking at shipping my 2 door Bronco about 1,000 miles, and I have seen estimates ranging from $1,200 - $1,500 (open vs. enclosed).

Soooooo... which company is best to work with, and should I consider open or enclosed? I apologize if this has been covered before, but I can't seem to find much info about it on this forum. I suppose I could check all of the Google reviews, but I would much rather hear from someone on this forum with some direct experiences.

Thanks!
I've shipped a couple of new Jeeps across the country. Your numbers seem high. For 1000 miles, I can't imagine it being over $1000. Can probably do a fair bit better than that. Ship it open like most everyone else. It should have insurance, so don't sweat it.

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've shipped a couple of new Jeeps across the country. Your numbers seem high. For 1000 miles, I can't imagine it being over $1000. Can probably do a fair bit better than that. Ship it open like most everyone else. It should have insurance, so don't sweat it.
It will be shipped from NW Montana to Colorado, so maybe they charge a little more for mountain pass driving?? Who knows? I'll keep researching. Thanks for the info!

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jay helped me ship my car from LA to Philadelphia. He can definitely get you enclosed door to door transport within your budget (I was under $2K). The only caveat is it's significantly more if you need your car picked up on a specific day. Mine was just a week range for pickup. The service was excellent, great communication, no regrets or complaints whatsoever.

Jay Colunga
Operations/Customer Service
248.972.8605- Direct
734.558.6299- Mobile
[email protected]

Select 1 Group Holdings, LLC
1749 Northwood Drive, Troy, MI 48084
877.810.9700 • www.S1G.com

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a good point. I had 3 of my old cars shipped cross country when I moved 21 years ago. The one with a leak in the trans ended up above one of my others and left a stain on the hood that still shows. My employer handled all of the details, so I had little say in who the carrier was.

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jay helped me ship my car from LA to Philadelphia. He can definitely get you enclosed door to door transport within your budget (I was under $2K). The only caveat is it's significantly more if you need your car picked up on a specific day. Mine was just a week range for pickup. The service was excellent, great communication, no regrets or complaints whatsoever.

Jay Colunga
Operations/Customer Service
248.972.8605- Direct
734.558.6299- Mobile
[email protected]

Select 1 Group Holdings, LLC
1749 Northwood Drive, Troy, MI 48084
877.810.9700 • www.S1G.com
This is awesome - thanks!

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is awesome - thanks!
Trust me, I boiled the ocean on the topic. I drove the last car I bought my late father from NYC to LA, left it with Matt Farah at his storage facility then shipped it back. Suffice it to say the safety of security of the vehicle was my only concern.

I spoke with S1G, Matt's shipper of choice (JP Logistics, FYI) and half a dozen others. S1G wasn't the cheapest but they were in the ballpark, they own the trucks, they handle everything, and Jay was awesome to work with. Once the car was picked up the driver texted me and we were in constant communication until delivery. He even repacked some stuff I left in the car so it wouldn't move around while in transit.

Whomever you go with just make sure they actually own the trucks and are directly responsible, a lot of these places just farm the work out to a network of random one-off drivers. If something goes wrong it's a giant headache you don't need.

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trust me, I boiled the ocean on the topic. I drove the last car I bought my late father from NYC to LA, left it with Matt Farah at his storage facility then shipped it back. Suffice it to say the safety of security of the vehicle was my only concern.

I spoke with S1G, Matt's shipper of choice (JP Logistics, FYI) and half a dozen others. S1G wasn't the cheapest but they were in the ballpark, they own the trucks, they handle everything, and Jay was awesome to work with. Once the car was picked up the driver texted me and we were in constant communication until delivery. He even repacked some stuff I left in the car so it wouldn't move around while in transit.

Whomever you go with just make sure they actually own the trucks and are directly responsible, a lot of these places just farm the work out to a network of random one-off drivers. If something goes wrong it's a giant headache you don't need.
Thanks!!!
Sponsored