stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pricing will be a few weeks out. These will end up as a lead time built to order product. When released, I’d expect 15-25 business days lead time.

We have had discussions with a shade top company To offer door skins for the doors. More to come on that.
Any updates on the door skins idea? I personally don't want or need tube doors. I prefer the doors totally removed and fortunately my wife does too. BUT, I do really want soft doors that are easy to put on and remove for quick rain protection sometimes. So if I could get these tube doors with skins ( and quick removable top window piece would be even sweeter!), that would be awesome. I suppose I could fab something up, but getting it to look nice could be an obstacle....LOL
Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@JcrOffroad Has anyone reported issues with the front doors? Here is the drivers front. The bottom hinge bracket and the latching mechanisms are waaaaay off. What am I doing wrong here?

FDD49221-5B24-44F4-995F-30CF66FB2233.jpeg

3EB0B478-5F54-4FA9-9C1C-550155086E65.jpeg

0912BD45-9A63-4A3F-A6DB-602AA30F0A19.jpeg

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JcrOffroad Has anyone reported issues with the front doors? Here is the drivers front. The bottom hinge bracket and the latching mechanisms are waaaaay off. What am I doing wrong here?

Ford Bronco Summer is coming, tube doors! 0912BD45-9A63-4A3F-A6DB-602AA30F0A19

That’s wild. Not sure what’s going on there. I’ll send engineering a message, but reach out to our customer service. [email protected].

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally getting around to installing these things....so far the video instructions are "meh". Already noticed hardware that is on the video that is not included in the hardare packets, including types of bolts/nuts.

And I was apparently sent wrong sized nuts to screw into the bolts that hold the ball handles. Nothing I have will thread into these bolts. So...pretty frustraing that I have to make a Home Depot run just to install these.

Edit: Returned from Home Depot with nuts that weren't included in the hardware package, but still had to pilfer bolts from the front door baggie because the bolts that are supposed to secure the locking mechanism are too short and are not threading. So looks like I can only install the rear doors for now. Oh, and yeah....ya'll have some alignment issues you need to resolve. This is my rear passenger door, which won't go down any futher without adding my entire body weight to it just to get it to latch....so its virtually an unusable door. Not SAT.

Ford Bronco Summer is coming, tube doors! IMG_5663

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally getting around to installing these things....so far the video instructions are "meh". Already noticed hardware that is on the video that is not included in the hardare packets, including types of bolts/nuts.

And I was apparently sent wrong sized nuts to screw into the bolts that hold the ball handles. Nothing I have will thread into these bolts. So...pretty frustraing that I have to make a Home Depot run just to install these.

Edit: Returned from Home Depot with nuts that weren't included in the hardware package, but still had to pilfer bolts from the front door baggie because the bolts that are supposed to secure the locking mechanism are too short and are not threading. So looks like I can only install the rear doors for now. Oh, and yeah....ya'll have some alignment issues you need to resolve. This is my rear passenger door, which won't go down any futher without adding my entire body weight to it just to get it to latch....so its virtually an unusable door. Not SAT.

As stated in this thread previously, please reach out to our customer service team. [email protected] or 269.353.1184. We’ll be back in the office on Tuesday and we can get your issues ironed out.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Were your issues resolved? I’m still waiting.

Last edited:

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Were your issues resolved? I’m still waiting.
Yeah, it took a few days but they did send me the updated mounting brackets and a baggy of installation hardware. Unfortunately the hardware packet was missing the two nuts and bolts I had mentioned, and actually needed, that I had to pilfer from the front door packet...but its whatever I dont intend on installing the front doors anyway I guess.

550 DAYS

Wildtrak
First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 WildTrak, 66 Bronco Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Straycat - do have a couple pics of what JCR sent you for new brackets?

We to are in the same predicament with these JCR doors. Rear door brackets are 3/8” to high and cannot be adjusted to align – front door brackets are 2-1/4” to high! (like yours) – nylon door hinge shims 1/8” to small. It was over a week of slow responding emails; then I called Tues and spoke to JCR Tech. Dept. telling me Ford has issues with consistent door hinge locations and JCR welded the front door mounting bracket plates in upside down (2-1/4” off) during door fabrication. JCR said they will have new brackets custom fabricated this week to send out to me to resolve the problems…I am waiting to see if they get it done.

We bought and installed the JCR pinch weld covers and the rear tailgate shelf and both products are top notch – these tube doors – not so much due to design/hardware issues. I wish they would offer to take the 4 doors back and replace with new properly built & drilled doors but instead insist to send new brackets – I just hope they adjust & function well and do not look jerry-rigged.

*I really like your matching painted doors – Nice Look!

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

We to are in the same predicament with these JCR doors. Rear door brackets are 3/8” to high and cannot be adjusted to align – front door brackets are 2-1/4” to high! (like yours) – nylon door hinge shims 1/8” to small. It was over a week of slow responding emails; then I called Tues and spoke to JCR Tech. Dept. telling me Ford has issues with consistent door hinge locations and JCR welded the front door mounting bracket plates in upside down (2-1/4” off) during door fabrication. JCR said they will have new brackets custom fabricated this week to send out to me to resolve the problems…I am waiting to see if they get it done.

We bought and installed the JCR pinch weld covers and the rear tailgate shelf and both products are top notch – these tube doors – not so much due to design/hardware issues. I wish they would offer to take the 4 doors back and replace with new properly built & drilled doors but instead insist to send new brackets – I just hope they adjust & function well and do not look jerry-rigged.

I'll get you some pics of the updated brackets this afternoon. They look almost identical to the first set they send out, the new ones provide a lot of wiggle room for adjusting them up and down though. So nothing looks jerry-rigged at all. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to try installing my front doors yet due to the previously mentioned pilfered nuts/bolts, but will probably have to reach out to them again to get updated brackets after reading reviews from folks.

Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if you and I have the exact same issues with the front doors. They’re still working on my brackets too, probably along with yours. I should have tried to fit them before color matching, which is also a little messed up. There’s a thin strip that they didn’t paint. It also cost $950 which was more than I would have thought.

550 DAYS

Wildtrak
First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 WildTrak, 66 Bronco Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's been 2 months but wanted to say JCR did me right. The 1st set of doors got returned and JCR sent out a new set that adjusted up perfectly. THANK YOU! We also installed JCR's pinch weld covers and JCR tailgate table. All 3 items are well built - No, I'm not on their payroll and I found JCR because of Bronco6 - thank you members! We had them powder coated for $200.00 cash; powder cost $70 from: Prismatic Powders "Dirty White" www.prismaticpowders.com.

*All in that's much less than Ford tube doors - it just took a little time.

(that's my Dad's 66 all original with 56k miles on it bought Nov. 1965, he's gone but it keeps him close - all lot of "Remember whens")

22 Bronco Tube.jpg

22 Bronco Pass Tube.jpg

22 Bronco.jpg

Broncos.jpg

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@JcrOffroad Have all of the fitment/bolts issues been resolved with the newer versions? Looking to order but wondering if the issues have been worked out

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JcrOffroad Have all of the fitment/bolts issues been resolved with the newer versions? Looking to order but wondering if the issues have been worked out
Yes. We built more adjustment into the doors after identifying Ford’s inconsistencies.
Sponsored