Sponsored

Summer's almost here. I'm looking for seat cover options to keep my *ss cool(er)

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the title suggests, with Summer fast approaching I'd like to cover the MGV seats with a cloth option seat cover that will help keep sweating down.

I'm thinking some type of microfiber solution, but I want something that's really form fitting, and doesn't look like a bag just draped over the seat, and back.

Operators are standing by....
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got the RC neoprene covers after my buddy filled the passenger seat with burrito grease. They're neoprene so they won't breathe real well, but they'll be a hell of a lot better than MGV! It hasn't been above 85 yet so I haven't really tested out the undercarriage at high temps, but I haven't been uncomfortable yet.

Also, they fit pretty darn well. Wear gloves when installing- I shredded my fingers yanking on them.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the RC neoprene covers after my buddy filled the passenger seat with burrito grease. They're neoprene so they won't breathe real well, but they'll be a hell of a lot better than MGV! It hasn't been above 85 yet so I haven't really tested out the undercarriage at high temps, but I haven't been uncomfortable yet.

Also, they fit pretty darn well. Wear gloves when installing- I shredded my fingers yanking on them.
Gets hot on that flightline at Kirtland!!!

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rough Country seat covers are on my seats. Water resistant and mildew resistant. They fit perfect and snug, made of 4 layers, neoprene. Awesome covers, I spilt a water bottle in passenger seat, the water just puddle up.

IMG_20221222_151224.jpg

IMG_20221222_151234.jpg

IMG_20221222_151439.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yep neoprene was my first choice. They apparently act like the MGV and don’t really breathe so sweat is still an issue.

I’m looking at a couple options right now

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a bead seat cover. My grandpa used to use them and I've always liked them. They're usually associated with cab drivers and Florida old people. I'm kind of into rocking the old man style. That said they have the added benefit of allowing some air to work it's way behind and underneath the body because of the gaps and hollows of each bead. Feels great when the wind shoots in the window just right.

20230605_182223.jpg

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought two sets of these. They fit really well on the front seats. Haven't tried the back yet. I basically wanted towels to throw on them, but these fit better and don't slide around.

Season Guard Terry Cloth Sweat Towel Seat Cover; Carseat Towel Protector; Great for Gym Workout; Waterproof; Universal Fit for Car SUV Van Truck; EZ fit; Non Slip Grip; Machine Washable; 2pc Grey https://a.co/d/5fX2vB4

Screenshot_20230605_173525_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
park in the shade

Sponsored
OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep neoprene was my first choice. They apparently act like the MGV and don’t really breathe so sweat is still an issue.

I’m looking at a couple options right now
It's been hotter lately, and can confirm that on longer drives the neoprene seat covers are... swampy. However, they don't give that initial scorch to your bum even after sitting in direct sun.

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been hotter lately, and can confirm that on longer drives the neoprene seat covers are... swampy. However, they don't give that initial scorch to your bum even after sitting in direct sun.
yeah neoprene isn't the answer. Needs to be a micro fiber or multi layer product that breaths.
Sponsored