First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's what continues to bother me and probably one of a couple major reasons why mine has sat in the box unopened since the beginning of January. From some pics I've seen, the Sunrider, which looks to be a great product, doesn't blend well with the MIC panel color. That's not the fault of Bestop. Ford should have chose a color that was easier for third-party vendors to work with, i.e. black. Also, what attracted me to the Sunrider was the ease to pull it back and have sun and I continue to like the idea a lot, but the reality is that it's not much trouble to pop off the two front panels and put them in the back. A concern I have is that with the Sunrider, I can't pop off the 3rd panel over the rear passenger compartment if I want more open space overhead. With the weather warming up, I may toss it on and see how it looks and see if I like it but these things still weigh on me. I may be posting in the classified section in the near future.
Hello!
We have a 30-day happiness guarantee. If you are not 100% happy with your Bestop product, you may return it within 30 days for a complete refund. No questions asked. Simply save your receipt and contact Bestop Customer Service at (800) 845-3567.

Try the top out! You will LOVE it!

-Eryn@Bestop
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Bestop_Team It's great and helpful you have an installation video. However, the video jumps around between the 2 door and the 4 door too much, and in a couple places it's not always clear if a particular install approach is for the 2 door door only, 4 door only, or both. Instead of one video that jumps between the two installs, consider doing a 2-door installation video and a separate 4-door installation video so there can be no confusion.
Hello!
The installs are not the same so I will definitely pass on your feedback to my team. Thank you!

- Eryn@Bestop

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased one for my 4-door and it was easy to install, but I received loud wind noise and rain inside on the passenger side. I removed it and reinstalled it and no change. I eventually had to return it. The only thing I could see that might have caused this it that the passenger side rail channel area was welded a little crooked and therefore wouldn't go flush to the top of the vehicle next to the front passenger pillar. Bestop customer service was excellent. I'm holding off pending other purchasers reviews.

Did you have gaps like this?

I have reached out to @Bestop_Team about it and am waiting to hear back. I have uninstalled it while I wait. I dont want to risk it leaking. I know they will make it right but I was just curious if others were having similar fitment issues.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have reached out to @Bestop_Team about it and am waiting to hear back. I have uninstalled it while I wait. I dont want to risk it leaking. I know they will make it right but I was just curious if others were having similar fitment issues.
To be honest I didn't check that. One thing that did stand out was that it was very difficult to try and get the top latched down on the passenger side. I almost needed a second person to pull the top down while latching it and vise versa to unlatch it. Again, I think my problem was the door rail part where you bolt it on the top's steel rail part with the bolt holes in it was crooked(the steel part) and I had to force it to line up in order to screw the bolts in. I believe this in turn caused mine to flex so it wouldn't seal off near the corner.

Last edited:

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I probably should buy one of these before the price increase happens. I think I would use this more than I would remove the panels.
When I had my Wrangler, I had the Bestop Supertop for it and loved the ability to open and close the top above the front row seats with ease and used the ever-loving mess out of it once it started getting above 65 degrees outside.

Like others, I would have preferred a sunrider for both rows, or a squareback top with the sunrider option like I had on my Wrangler. I am not a fan of the slantback of the trektop, and the OE top with the Bronco Wave irks me :). The sunrider option though is a great in-between option so I went ahead and ordered mine today.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After installing, I can say the instructions leave a little bit to be desired, but it's easy to figure out.

Mine is installed, and it makes my day given how warm and sunny it is today as I plan to go for a drive later this afternoon:
Ford Bronco Sunrider for Bronco Hardtop - Walkthrough Video signal-2022-03-21-145145_001

The little notch/indent about 1/4 down the edge is just how it's made. Its where it transitions from a solid mount to the open seam for opening the sunrider. I suspect after it loosens up a bit, it will disappear.

And it is quick to install. Fedex Delivered at 2:30PM, its now 3:05 PM and done.

@Bestop_Team : thanks for a great product!

OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hello!
We are investigating this and we will reach out to you when we have an answer. Can you please private message me your contact information.

-Eryn@Bestop

mcgovernma1

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will pass on this request to the team!

- Eryn@Bestop
Eryn, Any updates on this? Any plans in the near future for a 2 row sunrider for the 4 door? I won't buy one otherwise for just the front row.

milnicks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eryn, Any updates on this? Any plans in the near future for a 2 row sunrider for the 4 door? I won't buy one otherwise for just the front row.
Guessing you are about to get this response:
"Hello! The best way to find out about new products is to sign up for our emails or keep checking the website!"

Bacchanalia

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just installed mine and it was incredibly hard to pull down to close. Is something wrong or does it just need to stretch a bit?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It needs to stretch a bit. I left mine parked in the sun for a few hours and then slowly pulled it down to latch it, then left it parked in the sun the rest of the day. No issues since and it’s nice and tight.

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to resurrect but....installed mine today and damn near impossible to get the thing to unlatch....especially the right side. Removed it...and installed it again making sure I followed instructions correctly and same issue. All spacers, bolts, etc in the right spot. Something I'm missing I'm sure, right? 2022 Wildtrak....

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to resurrect but....installed mine today and damn near impossible to get the thing to unlatch....especially the right side. Removed it...and installed it again making sure I followed instructions correctly and same issue. All spacers, bolts, etc in the right spot. Something I'm missing I'm sure, right? 2022 Wildtrak....
Mine was very tight to close on a cool spring day when I first installed it, but I was able to pull it closed/latch/unlatch without issue. The fabric needs to stretch a little when first installed, i think that is as designed to prevent it from being floppy. Are the latches meeting up to the other pieces squarely?

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine was very tight to close on a cool spring day when I first installed it, but I was able to pull it closed/latch/unlatch without issue. The fabric needs to stretch a little when first installed, i think that is as designed to prevent it from being floppy. Are the latches meeting up to the other pieces squarely?
It closes fine...won't unlatch.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It closes fine...won't unlatch.
The j hook piece is supposed to pop forward and hook under the bar, then pull the front of the top down the rest of the way as you push the latch up. If it somehow grabbed the bottom of that bar instead of hooking on it there would be massive additional tension when trying to latch or unlatch. If the bar the hook grabs is misaligned I could see that causing an issue unlatching if it’s bound up. I pulled mine off for winter, so I can’t go out and take a picture at the moment.
Sponsored