Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you @Squatch. While it is a great installation video, it doesn't show the steps to put the factory panels back on. That is what I am most curious about. I have seen the red 'fishing' Bronco concept with this top on it and it looks sweet!
Take it off and the removable top panels will go right back on as always.
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you @Squatch. While it is a great installation video, it doesn't show the steps to put the factory panels back on. That is what I am most curious about. I have seen the red 'fishing' Bronco concept with this top on it and it looks sweet!
Seems fairly straightforward. Remove the hardware you installed and the panels should go right back on. I'm sure there's a video on YT if you really need to see someone do it though.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had the Sunrider for Hardtop for a few years. It takes about 15 minutes to remove it. I usually put it on in the spring and take it off in the Fall because I want a little more insulation from the freedom tops in these Colorado winters.

OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve had the Sunrider for Hardtop for a few years. It takes about 15 minutes to remove it. I usually put it on in the spring and take it off in the Fall because I want a little more insulation from the freedom tops in these Colorado winters.
@Sgt Beavis Thank you! This is the answer I was looking for.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Removing it yes, 10-15 minutes..

Installing it, usually a bit longer, damn screws never want to line up perfectly. 🤬
But, it keeps the wife happy 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removing it yes, 10-15 minutes..

Installing it, usually a bit longer, damn screws never want to line up perfectly. 🤬
But, it keeps the wife happy 🤷‍♂️
I never really have that problem. The most challenging part to me is that wired anchor you have to thread into the support near the B-pillar.

MooreNC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU , 2017 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have a Jeep with a Sunrider top - once the Sunrider is installed, can you later put the freedom panels back on after removal of the Sunrider top without a lot of work? For my Bronco, I was hoping to have the Sunrider in the summer and then put the hardtop panels back on during the winter months.

Thanks!
If you are talking about the aftermarket best top brand / sunrider. i have a 2016 Jeep JKU with the Besttop Sunrider installed. I attached a couple of photos. I am not able to get a short video but if you search you tube you will see operation and install videos.
it would be possible to take off but not quick. It is a great option on the jeep / the middle section does not come off like the Bronco.

3AADFF0C-2D46-400B-B10D-89FB429FF1D9.png

5800039C-0D3B-41A4-845B-B0E03F907F4B.png

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2018 JK MOAB came with a dual top. Changing out the hard top to install the soft takes about an hour and be methodical about it so parts don't get damaged. You need to install some track rails and a couple of pivot brackets on the Jeep.

They keys are having either a hoist or another abled bodied helper to lift the hard top off as well it helps with the soft top install. Also, having an interior part of your garage to store either when not in use.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the Jeeps - Switching the hard panels into place after removing the soft sunrider is fairly simple. Its a matter of squaring the panels than putting the clips in place. Putting the sunrider back on takes a little longer because you have to be careful lining up the parts that secure the sunrider to the hardtop and tightening the bolt. Overall though its a 10-15 minute task either way.

Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Already got this factored into my build, had one on my JK and loved it
Ford Bronco Sunrider top question for Jeep owners EC78E988-9200-4126-88CA-50B198CC7B8C

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2018 JK MOAB came with a dual top. Changing out the hard top to install the soft takes about an hour and be methodical about it so parts don't get damaged. You need to install some track rails and a couple of pivot brackets on the Jeep.

They keys are having either a hoist or another abled bodied helper to lift the hard top off as well it helps with the soft top install. Also, having an interior part of your garage to store either when not in use.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you able to remove the hardtop with the Sunrider attached ?
Sponsored