Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like it's right behind the OBD port. So above (and possibly forward a bit) of the driver's side kick panel speaker.

sorry, was on a trip, I'll post a few better pics as soon as I get settled back in! But yes, the module and bracket are just above the OBD port....
Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Had a few minutes to get some pics of where I mounted my 575. The blue dot is the bracket for the module, the yellow dot is the approximate location of the bolt from the bracket. In the bottom up pic you can see the stacked washers I used to keep the bolt from blocking the radio. The other end of the radio bracket is zip tied to the module bracket, but, there is space between the module and it's bracket to use a short screw without hitting the module.

The gray dot is where the antenna connector is, the connector would be better as a 90 degree fitting, rather than the supplied straight connector, it is tight up against some support up there.

So far it has been solid, I've done a decent amount of trail running, high speed over washboards, a few hard whoops, and the radio is still solid in it's mount. So far all is good!

InkedPXL_20220622_010145200_LI.jpg

InkedPXL_20220622_010132717_LI.jpg

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice install. I have the same radio and mounted mine above the glove box. Plenty of room there and easy to run antenna and power wires over the footwell (behind radio) to the grommet on the driver’s side. I chose that location because it’s easier than removing the center console. I mounted my mic jack on the trim piece above the USB plugs on the center console so it is completely hidden. Again, easier to work with that piece vs. removing center console. Check out Trail Recon’s install video as well…

Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! InkedPXL_20220622_010132717_LI

Sorry for the noob question, but how did you end up wiring it? Did you go directly to the battery like trail recon? Or did you use AUX switches?
Can you show pics of how you terminated your wires? Did you have to buy a wiring kit?

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the noob question, but how did you end up wiring it? Did you go directly to the battery like trail recon? Or did you use AUX switches?
Can you show pics of how you terminated your wires? Did you have to buy a wiring kit?
No kit required. I ran the wires from above the glovebox over the footwell (behind radio) to drivers side and ran through the gromet in the firewall to the aux wiring location. Just connected to an aux switch. Works fine. No need to connect directly to the battery.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No kit required. I ran the wires from above the glovebox over the footwell (behind radio) to drivers side and ran through the gromet in the firewall to the aux wiring location. Just connected to an aux switch. Works fine. No need to connect directly to the battery.
Thanks for the quick reply. So did you just cut off the cigarette lighter adapter and use the wiring that came with the unit (keeping the inline fuse on it)?

Red wire goes to aux wiring, black wire goes where?

again, sorry for rookie questions, just trying to figure out best way to approach the wiring.

Thanks!

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the quick reply. So did you just cut off the cigarette lighter adapter and use the wiring that came with the unit (keeping the inline fuse on it)?

again, sorry for rookie questions, just trying to figure out best way to approach the wiring.

Thanks!
All good questions. Yes I just cut off the cigarette lighter and kept the fuse. I ran the black and red wires together and grounded the black wire on one of the factory grounding bolts near the aux wires.

5E286FCB-8AC9-4A39-B0F4-2CF831B16046.jpeg

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
Black just needs to go to ground.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All good questions. Yes I just cut off the cigarette lighter and kept the fuse. I ran the black and red wires together and grounded the black wire on one of the factory grounding bolts near the aux wires.

Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! 5E286FCB-8AC9-4A39-B0F4-2CF831B16046
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I think I have it all figured out now.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! 5E286FCB-8AC9-4A39-B0F4-2CF831B16046
Do you want to borrow my lighter?

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you want to borrow my lighter?
You referring to my rat’s nest? It’s better than it looks. Just spare wire from my accessories bundled and zip tied.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You referring to my rat’s nest? It’s better than it looks. Just spare wire from my accessories bundled and zip tied.
The heat shrink that wasnt shrunk made my eye twitch.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The blue plastic on the terminal? Does that stuff shrink?
Yes!!! Hit it with a lighter or small butane torch. The heat shrink will shrink and glue will melt and it'll keep far more water tight and give you a better connection. You paid extra for those over the crappy cheap ones. You might as well get the heat shrink advantage.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wrapped it up. I messed up a bit with placement of the pass through. I wanted it to have its own direct switch to the battery as all my six switches are spoken for at the moment.

CC831A54-2C7C-47B2-9EF5-5A8887B1F33C.jpeg

in my hubris to make the most of a dead space I decided to add a switch, Ethernet pass through & usb c pass through from the unit. I was able to add all three but the usb c is essentially a waste as I could never get a plug in it because of the angle (you live and you learn). Second mistake was not putting the Ethernet pass through closer to the center of the trim piece. With the angle I have to nudge it out to connect the handset. I honestly don’t really care as it’s not visible but I will probably purchase the trim piece and redo the switch and the Ethernet pass through in the center and ditch the usb c all together.

EAFC120B-034A-43D6-9F7C-31889FA46242.jpeg

The fit is certainly tight but it was doable, if you power through an aux switch there will be less wires so it may be a bit easier. I did the same method as the OP and drilled out the mount hole to use the existing screw below.
I ended up going with the same location. I just added a plastic spacer under the bracket to raise it up a tad and it fit just fine. Wired it to accessory switch #2. I think that with the AC duct right next to it, heat won't be an issue. Went with the round ethernet adaptor. Just used a 7/8'' hole saw and only had to dremel it open a tiny bit.
I used the magnetic mic mount.
Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! IMG_9519.JPG
Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! IMG_9518.JPG
Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! IMG_9520.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: