First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is up near the A Pillar. I already had lights mounted on the JCR mount so had a natural spot to mount the antennae. Exact same place and mount Bo (OP) used.
I haven't been able to do any radio install just yet, but plan on using the Rugged Radio bracket that mounts on the driver's side mirror. I have a dual band Icom radio, so I will need the taller dual band antenna. I used the Comet 2x4 on my F150 and it worked perfect for both GMRS as well as the VHF rugged frequencies. The Rugged Radio bracket looks pretty clean.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The above link is a test of the MXT575 & MXT500 radios. IT is a good video that shows the distance of the 50 watt radio.

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where is everyone mounting their antennas and what brackets are you using? (Show Pictures)
Yup, on the cowl at the A pillar, but not super thrilled at the cable routing, but works well and with this position the antenna is out of the drivers line of site which I like.

PXL_20221204_235313141.jpg

PXL_20221204_235309405.jpg

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, on the cowl at the A pillar, but not super thrilled at the cable routing, but works well and with this position the antenna is out of the drivers line of site which I like.

Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! PXL_20221204_235309405

Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! PXL_20221204_235309405
This looks like the 6db gain whip antennas from midland. Does it need to be grounded?

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This looks like the 6db gain whip antennas from midland. Does it need to be grounded?
It is the MICROMOBILE MXTA26, and no it's not grounded, per Midland it does not need to be, just attach it to the mount, install the cable and you are ready to go.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that extra 12v powere you added to the center? I need to find a way to add a 12v port somewhere in the dash
The puck is iPhone charger and the cord runs back to 12v plug in console

the right pass through is the rj 45 for the midland mike
The pass though to the left is ISB C (the output from the mxt575)

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just wanted to thank you for this post. Had it book marked for a while now. My wife bought me the Midland for Christmas and I installed it today. One thing i did not do was cut the hole to put the extension cable port in the dash. Just not quite brave enough to commit to making that first cut. For now it is off to the side.
Thanks again :)

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing i did not do was cut the hole to put the extension cable port in the dash. Just not quite brave enough to commit to making that first cut. For now it is off to the side.
Thanks again :)
I just figured, If I screw it up, it's a trim piece that can be easily replaced.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I installed mine yesterday. After partially taking the dash apart, I realize it wouldn't work for me... Just not enough clearance, and no way to tighten the nut on the back side. So Instead, I ended up putting the RJ45 next to the USB ports in the center console and it will actually probably work out better.

One thing I thought I'd mention, for those that are mounting their radios in the center console, there's are 2 plugs towards the back. One only has a handful of wires and they're really big that feed the inverter.

The other has a whole lot of small wires going to it... The one in the upper left corner (as you are looking down) is a thicker, green with violet stripe.... This wire is a 20 amp wire that feeds the 12 volt port in the center console.

What makes this wire special, is it is the only one in the vicinity that stays powered on well after you turn the Bronco off (But it is timed and eventually will shut off).

I tapped into this wire So that my GMRS won't turn off every time I shut the Bronco off on the trail, But will eventually turn off regardless (mic on, mic out, etc).

Also worth noting, pay special attention to what bolt you ground to. Initially I grounded to one of the bolts that held in the power inverter because it was "beefy". However in doing so, my radio sounded terrible and was full of static. Instead, I grounded to a smaller bolt that holds the grab handle support to the transmission housing... Completely cleaned up my signal.

Sponsored

Goinwheelin

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome thread. So awesome I picked one up today and will be installing it when I do my AUX switches installation. Thanks guys 👍🏼
Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! 9A3F39B3-63D5-495D-B0B3-2B5A6033954B

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I did the same thing but I have mine wired directly to the battery since I can use the handheld as an on/off switch.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome thread. So awesome I picked one up today and will be installing it when I do my AUX switches installation. Thanks guys 👍🏼
9A3F39B3-63D5-495D-B0B3-2B5A6033954B.jpeg
Based on your picture, it looks like you got the USB-C version which is what you want IF you want it to remember its power state.

OP
OP
Bo-Ronco

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Super Clean GMRS Radio Install! 9A3F39B3-63D5-495D-B0B3-2B5A6033954B
Awesome! Post your install here when finished 🤙