Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heck yeah!!

Out of curiosity, did you install the MXT275 model as well? If so, does the unit power up when you turn the Aux switch on, or do you still have to separately turn it on with the hand mic as well? Another guy on this thread was having issues with that.
Yep, the 275 as well. And once it's powered on, thru the mic's power button that's on top in between the channel up and down buttons, it stays on. So when i trigger the aux switch it goes back to that on position. Exactly what you would want it to do, it's perfect.
Sponsored

JetMech

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands Sasquatch (2), Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my MXT275 installed under the center console. Since there are two bolt holes on the aft side of the roll bar I fabricated an antenna mount and installed my antenna there.

Antenna.jpg

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is no one else getting interference from the LED headlights? I am running the 275 with the ghost antenna and when my headlights, or even the DRLs are on, I am getting several transmission bars at the bottom of my display. Have you done something to prevent this or am I the only one with the issue?

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Midland just came out with the 50W MXT575 about a week ago. Same as the 275, but 50W
Also more than double the price.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 575 model is supposed to come out this summer, same thing with all the controls on the hand piece, 50W.
The 575 has already released. I received mine last week.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 575 has already released. I received mine last week.
By the way, thanks to whoever recommended using the Capital One shopping tool on the midland factory site. I download it and it worked perfectly. Save $60 on the radio

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is no one else getting interference from the LED headlights? I am running the 275 with the ghost antenna and when my headlights, or even the DRLs are on, I am getting several transmission bars at the bottom of my display. Have you done something to prevent this or am I the only one with the issue?
Where is your antenna mounted?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bo-Ronco

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same place as Bo-Ronco. Right next to the driver side mirror...
I'm not having any issues but I have that 6db gain whip, not the Ghost. I was originally going to get the Ghost but I was told by some radio nerds to stay away from it. They were pretty emphatic and eyeroll-y when telling me not to get it lol... They tried to explain why in radio-ese language, but I don't speak radio-ese so I can't tell you what the issue was lol! I do seem to remember them referencing interference.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not having any issues but I have that 6db gain whip, not the Ghost. I was originally going to get the Ghost but I was told by some radio nerds to stay away from it. They were pretty emphatic and eyeroll-y when telling me not to get it lol... They tried to explain why in radio-ese language, but I don't speak radio-ese so I can't tell you what the issue was lol! I do seem to remember them referencing interference.
Well... damn. I got the ghost.

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told to get the ghost cause the long whip can be pretty dangerous when off roading. Damn... 🤔🤷

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Ghost doesn't have any interference. I need to test it with my ditch lights on though.
Sponsored