Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Given the clear skies in this pic no way no how is that the current color unless I became color blind. The non metallic paints are different I direct light vs shade. This sun light pic no way in hell
Sadly, this has been the realization for a few of us chatting via messenger about the color. It's falling flat. Flat on the concrete...... For those of us wanting an actual color.
Sponsored

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup. This is very disappointing. They surely used a 1-off custom mixed paint for the showcase vehicle that was changed for production.

Although we must also realize that those cans were painted months ago and there is still a possibility that they made further changes to the paint composition for actual production. We won't know that for sure until they release pictures of a pre-production vehicle put together on the assembly line in Cactus Gray. (Note: Ford has still not put out the official paint code/mix for vendors to make. 2021 Bronco paint codes)

2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n.jpg
Is there another example of this ever happening before? If this one off color is working, why not go with it? This is an unnecessary bait and switch situation. Ford will lose money on this.

OP
OP
GiddyUp

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Giddy Up @GiddyUp
These might be in the top 3 most important G6 photos ever taken. I wonder if you blended in with many other rabid fans by taking this many photos or did you get rushed along?
Wow thanks. We got there early and it's still early in the week, so volume of folks haven't quite filled up. They had their vehicles spread out too, so allowed everyone to do the same. It was great to see the excitement, and would love to see the place on Friday and or Saturday with everyone there. The classic Bronco's were still arriving the whole time. I'll make a separate post of all of those that I was blessed to witness. Cheers

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow thanks. We got there early and it's still early in the week, so volume of folks haven't quite filled up. They had their vehicles spread out too, so allowed everyone to do the same. It was great to see the excitement, and would love to see the place on Friday and or Saturday with everyone there. The classic Bronco's were still arriving the whole time. I'll make a separate post of all of those that I was blessed to witness. Cheers
As soon as I got up on the hill I forgot about the tours and they took the black one before I could look at it lol. It is cool to see all the originals with different colors even though it was early yet. Sounds like the field will be bouncing Fri/Sat

OP
OP
GiddyUp

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given the clear skies in this pic no way no how is that the current color unless I became color blind. The non metallic paints are different I direct light vs shade. This sun light pic no way in hell
Agree ... and this truck, if not color touch up, was resting on grass and had some trees around. It may slightly take on the color that it is around. This cactus gray was on a table, so it was not "tainted" by its surroundings.

But I'm telling you guys .... it was just light gray. NO green NO blue .... just .... concrete gray.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is there another example of this ever happening before? If this one off color is working, why not go with it? This is an unnecessary bait and switch situation. Ford will lose money on this.
It's a SHOWCASE vehicle. It was probably built and painted months before the Visual-Arts-majors got together in their all-black outfits and decided what % of the color pallet should be trendy (grayscale).

I see absolutely zero issue with a showcase vehicle not being a production color, especially as most showcase paint jobs are done using incredibly expensive candy clears and have hundreds of hours of wet sanding and polishing done to them.

What i'm a bit miffed on, is that the Showcase color is very much a "production capable" color and received such overwhelmingly positive support from the moment it was released that they didn't make it a reality.... From what i've seen on here and from asking folks (shoving pictures in their faces) it's about an 70% "love"/20% "wish it was the color of a freeway"/10% "non-offensive so sure whatever" mix.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My wife likes Lead Foot Gray (Gt350) she likes the non metallic Ford paints and she thinks Cactus Gray is too light might as well get Oxford White I have a F150 in that color. I mean in certain lights and backgrounds maybe but I more interest in out in the sun.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife likes Lead Foot Gray (Gt350) she likes the non metallic Ford paints and she thinks Cactus Gray is too light might as well get Oxford White I have a F150 in that color. I mean in certain lights and backgrounds maybe but I more interest in out in the sun.

If they offered Lead Foot Grey... my choice would be done! That color looks really nice on the F150s especially Raptor Trims! I think if Ford went with that shade and replicated to other colors on the spectrum.. they would nail it for the Bronco (Toy Soldier Green, Beach Sand Tan, Red Rock Orange (Inspired from the Red Rock color in utah), Boulder White, Charcoal Black etc.) ??

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Straight up .... NO! Not green, or blue, just fresh laid concrete. As the sun got higher, you can tell it wanted to change, but in person and up close .... No. If your expecting any kind of color in Cactus, then you're in for a disappointment.

As for the color in what it is ... will look perfect in either black or white top. Can't go wrong ...
Thanks for the definitive no. It just seems so odd that Ford is sticking with the name Cactus Gray which would lead one to believe that it had a green tint. As a cactus is well, green.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

with the statements of how not green cactus grey is i wonder if the pier in navy pier actually looks ok
I've actually been wondering about that as if all is to be believed and that is all that can be had on the FE, I took a look at the optional Raptor seats, Bronco Sport and the Bronco: without better photos they all look very similar (materials aside)
So I guess will have to wait to pass judgement

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Straight up .... NO! Not green, or blue, just fresh laid concrete. As the sun got higher, you can tell it wanted to change, but in person and up close .... No. If your expecting any kind of color in Cactus, then you're in for a disappointment.

As for the color in what it is ... will look perfect in either black or white top. Can't go wrong ...
THIS. Cactus Gray was definitely the most disappointing color at the event. Nothing exciting about it at all. Stayed concrete gray the entire time I was there. Couldn’t find any greens or blues present within it.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
THIS. Cactus Gray was definitely the most disappointing color at the event. Nothing exciting about it at all. Stayed concrete gray the entire time I was there. Couldn’t find any greens or blues present within it.
I definitely think Ford failed on the available paints this go around. With a vehicle like this they should have came out with a bunch of cool unique paint schemes. Or at least offered better colors.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely think Ford failed on the available paints this go around. With a vehicle like this they should have came out with a bunch of cool unique paint schemes. Or at least offered better colors.
They need some sort of tan and green color. Maybe something that resembles sand and a dark forest.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They need some sort of tan and green color. Maybe something that resembles sand and a dark forest.

Agreed! The first thing a couple of friends asked me when I let them know I've reserved the Bronco was if there were any "Earth tone" colors as the Bronco personifies "Being Wild" but currently doesn't have a solid color representing that (IMO).

A bit of what I mentioned in previous threads and here:

If they offered Lead Foot Grey..... (Toy Soldier Green, Beach Sand Tan, Red Rock Orange (Inspired from the Red Rock color in utah), Boulder White, Charcoal Black etc.) ??
Seems like a definitely huge missed opportunity...
Sponsored