Sponsored

Superlite 50 hard shell RTT (roof top tent)

SD Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The static rating for the roof is 450lbs. Still not a lot to work with.
Very true. 340 lbs for two people is really cutting it close. I guess the something like the Rhino Backbone system is the only non external cage option that I know of to add strength(?). Since the Superlite is so light I was hoping to be able to take it and the rack system off when not in use
Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very true. 340 lbs for two people is really cutting it close. I guess the something like the Rhino Backbone system is the only non external cage option that I know of to add strength(?). Since the Superlite is so light I was hoping to be able to take it and the rack system off when not in use
I’m still confused on the rhino rack backbone because it has disclaimers all over it that you are still limited by factory load ratings.

SD Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still confused on the rhino rack backbone because it has disclaimers all over it that you are still limited by factory load ratings.
Is it about the factory roof load rating or gvwr?

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good motivation for my wife and I to not put on weight. 290lbs between the two of us.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you need to add the mattress and ladder too.

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I chatted with Thomas Rhines at GFC about perhaps attaching a RTT directly to a Bronco without a roof rack. Here is the reply:

"Thanks for shooting us a message in the chat! Most roof top tents will require a roof rack to mount the tent to. Our roof top tent can mount using several different mounting solutions, but for the Bronco especially, you will need a roof rack to put anything on top of it."

I have not given up on a direct attachment, using the factory attach points. Maybe someone and cobble something up.

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this has been discussed, but if your keen on seeing what the GFC Superlite RTT looks like on a 2Door check out “Justin B. McBride” on YouTube.
Sponsored