Superlite 50 hard shell RTT (roof top tent)

SD Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Weston
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Bronco
Badlands
The static rating for the roof is 450lbs. Still not a lot to work with.
Very true. 340 lbs for two people is really cutting it close. I guess the something like the Rhino Backbone system is the only non external cage option that I know of to add strength(?). Since the Superlite is so light I was hoping to be able to take it and the rack system off when not in use
Advertisement

wilbersk

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Badlands
Very true. 340 lbs for two people is really cutting it close. I guess the something like the Rhino Backbone system is the only non external cage option that I know of to add strength(?). Since the Superlite is so light I was hoping to be able to take it and the rack system off when not in use
I’m still confused on the rhino rack backbone because it has disclaimers all over it that you are still limited by factory load ratings.

SD Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Weston
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Bronco
Badlands
I’m still confused on the rhino rack backbone because it has disclaimers all over it that you are still limited by factory load ratings.
Is it about the factory roof load rating or gvwr?

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Bronco
Black Diamond
Good motivation for my wife and I to not put on weight. 290lbs between the two of us.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Bronco
Badlands
I think you need to add the mattress and ladder too.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics
Advertisement