Sponsored

Superlite 50 hard shell RTT (roof top tent)

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://gofastcampers.com/pages/superlite

Hey, I saw a few people mention this company/ product in another thread. I just wanted to throw it out there again so that Bronco overlanders/ campers are aware. I believe this is the only hard shell RTT that can legally be thrown on the bronco factory rack. I like the idea of this product as it looks easy to take on and off. It Has a low profile for fuel economy, fits in your garage, and sets up in under a minute. At 80 pounds, you could theoretically take it on and off by yourself. “Should” be available this summer. Any one have experience with this company?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://gofastcampers.com/pages/superlite

Hey, I saw a few people mention this company/ product in another thread. I just wanted to throw it out there again so that Bronco overlanders/ campers are aware. I believe this is the only hard shell RTT that can legally be thrown on the bronco factory rack. I like the idea of this product as it looks easy to take on and off. It Has a low profile for fuel economy, fits in your garage, and sets up in under a minute. At 80 pounds, you could theoretically take it on and off by yourself. “Should” be available this summer. Any one have experience with this company?
When I saw this in the other thread, I bookmarked it. Definitely keeping my eye on this

OP
OP
Itchysquatch

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw this in the other thread, I bookmarked it. Definitely keeping my eye on this
Yeah, I’ve got the two person Yakima now I got used. I’m going to see how easy/ convenient it is on top of the Bronco. I see myself gravitating to The superlite . Just looks like everything I’m looking for and nothing else.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I’ve got the two person Yakima now I got used. I’m going to see how easy/ convenient it is on top of the Bronco. I see myself gravitating to The superlite . Just looks like everything I’m looking for and nothing else.
Showed the fiance this and she approved
Biggest concern is a dog jumping out of it in the morning, forgetting we are 7 feet up in the air

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Too bad I'm getting a 2 door. Oh well.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't checked measurements, but the CG rendering on the page shows it taking up 90% of the roof of a 4 door.
The CG rendering also shows it sitting on a nonexistent rack.

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The CG rendering also shows it sitting on a nonexistent rack.
Well that's fair... but still. We'll have to wait and see. All the RTTs I've seen only fit on 4 door sized vehicles.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Too bad I'm getting a 2 door. Oh well.
It should fit the two door. I did a rough drawing of the length of the tent and it only slightly overhangs the top of the windshield.

The wheelbase is 100 inches and the tent is 90. I created a line connecting the hubs, shortened it by 10%, and created a box that length on the roof. I eyeballed the height of the box, don't hold me to that.

Ford Bronco Superlite 50 hard shell RTT (roof top tent) truck

Last edited:

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It should fit the two door. I did a rough drawing of the length of the tent and it only slightly overhangs the top of the windshield.

The wheelbase is 100 inches and the tent is 90. I created a line connecting the hubs, shortened it by 10%, and created a box that length on the roof. I eyeballed the height of the box, don't hold me to that.

Ford Bronco Superlite 50 hard shell RTT (roof top tent) truck
Nicely done. Could be close. I'll keep an eye out when it's around. Kudos.

SD Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if we got this rtt (80 lbs) and put on rack that weigh 30 lbs or less, would the stock roof having a 110 lb dynamic weight limit be able to support actually using the tent too? Trying to figure out a way to avoid drilling holes in the roof or getting a full body frame

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So if we got this rtt (80 lbs) and put on rack that weigh 30 lbs or less, would the stock roof having a 110 lb dynamic weight limit be able to support actually using the tent too? Trying to figure out a way to avoid drilling holes in the roof or getting a full body frame
The static rating for the roof is 450lbs. Still not a lot to work with.
Sponsored