Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Civic Si, '17 Ducati Supersport S
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1628871314712.png

Ford describes their purpose on their website. One of their stated goals is to create and build the bonds of community. The Stig has espoused this behavior in all of the examples listed in posts above. The Bronco6G forum is one such community of Bronco enthusiasts. From posts I can recall off the top of my head, we represent Ford employees, union partners, customers, dealerships, businesses, and neighborhoods. Plus, I'm sure there someone representing a municipality somewhere on here. Were it not for the efforts of the Stig (and many others), this community would be a much different place.

1628871881324.png

Ford also states on their culture page that "trust in [the] brand...comes from acting with integrity and transparency." The Stig's efforts have been an exemplary example of transparency and building trust in the brand when Ford, itself, has struggled mightily in this area.

I don't know that it's worth much, but if @Ford Motor Company is reading this, the Stig's efforts have contributed to my desire to own a Bronco more than the combination of interactions I've had with Ford employees at Super Celebration East (twice), talking to the local dealerships where I live, and with another Ford dealership when I was finally able to drive a Bronco. The Stig's actions should not be viewed as a threat. They were actually an opportunity to continuously build excitement and support for the Bronco and Ford.
Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike Levine---poser!!!
While attending U of A (AZ) Mike took it upon himself to self promote developing a truck web site.
That, and that alone, turned into a career at Ford. Now he lives happily ever after in LA.

Esteban Plaza Jennings----poser!!!!
Ivy league Princeton undergrad... famous for his antics on the "Sailing Team".
Was he a result of privileged cronyism (to make it to this Ivy league destination)???
or... did he work hard and fill a quota based on his background? self made.... maybe....????
don't know, don't care!

However..... to grow out a beard... do filming in a garage full of tools and welding supplies does not sound like an Ivy league/Michigan MBA grad destined to be a VP at Ford.
But..... rather..... someone disingenuous, pretending to be rubbing elbows with the working class!!!! (a fraud)

Is he pulling off this socalled "working class" charade...yes!!!
Does he deserve to be a VP at Ford... probably.

But that is not my point, according to Ford, both of these "posers" are ROCKSTARS!!!
And thus, will be promoted and handsomely rewarded for the success of the Bronco.

Wonderful (sarcasm)!!!

However, in a world turned upside down ....Ford now chooses to pic on the "little guys".......i.e. punish those who actually work in the factory for what? promoting their products with pictures? These Ford employees are hero's (IMO) who gave Reservation holders (who then became converted orders) insight and hope!!! Now they are on the chopping block to be fired???? WHAT????

That is despicable!!!!

@Ford Motor Company
Ford are you listening!!!!!!

Even you can see how utterly wrong this is. I get the rules and regs. but put this all into perspective!!!!
We the peanut gallery can see the reality here ... we aren't blind to the non deserving posers you bound before us, we see through the veil!!!

Maybe you can't.... but we can.

What you need to know is that "The STIG" and "MISS ASHLEY" are THE REAL ROCKSTARS!!!!! They are the most deserving of the rewards and acccolades because they are real people (not "wanna be" phonies), who (at the risk of their jobs) have shown their love and enthusiasm for the Ford Bronco and the Bronco community. Most importantly, they have made Ford millions in reservations/order conversions and saved folks ready to throw in the towel. YOU OWE THEM BIG TIME!!!!

In a world devoid of fairness, please show them mercy!!!!
And....
DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!
In the end you will be rewarded for this gracious act of humanity!!!

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action Esteban posing with tools

Ivy League Princeton undergrad/U of Michigan MBA grad…. Esteban Plaza-Jennings posing with some nice tools and welding supplies.
Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action M. Levine posing 4x4

Mike Levine posing in a 4x4
Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action Mike Levine with ford

Ford pic of Mike Levine aka "rockstar"

Esteban (second from left), enjoying himself in the Princeton Sailing team's traditional ritual of: "the Pole Swim".

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action Esteban with his Princeton Sailing buddies

Last edited:

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, SO not the soapbox or place for that.
You can choose a myriad of other threads (or start your own new one) devoted to chapped ass but this one is for one purpose:
To how our appreciation or voice the impact "Stig" had on a lot of folks.

If you don't have anything of value to add, please refer back to my first and 2nd sentences.
It’s “sentence” with one “s”. Have a blessed day.

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 International Scout, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for keeping us going and keeping us informed. It definitely helped in selecting colors, options, and packages.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

During those early days members were thirsting for any tidbit of information we could get as Ford was very tight lipped. Then along came The Stig, and his cohort Miss Ashley. We absolutely reveled in those early pictures, and the information they brought. We very much appreciated The Stig, and Ashley for every bit of information they brought us, and we still do to this day.

With that said, @Ford Motor Company

In my second life I worked for a Fortune 500 company. Many of those years were spent as a Shop Steward, Chief Shop Steward, and Vice President for our 1100 member Union local. You can imagine the time I spent in the H.R. Dept. dealing with violations of company rules, and policies. There were 2 violations that were unforgivable, that was stealing company property, and having alcohol or drugs in your system or on the property. Any other violations were always negotiable. During those type of negotiations the H.R. never failed to give the employee a second chance, and in some cases even a third chance. The employee may have been suspended, but they were not fired. The Company, and the H.R., while wanting to appear strict, always had the employees best interest in the back of their minds. I always told our employees, and new hires they basically had to fire themselves. One of those rules were there would be no cell phones, or photographic equipment on the production floor. I don't know Ford's rules/policies, but I expect that's were the Stig ran up against Ford's H.R. Dept. Now, I don't know if the Stig is represented by the Union or not, but I will argue that there was no Company secrets given/shown in his pictures. There was nothing there that could not have been leaked by word of mouth by any other Ford employee. I would also argue that through the Stig Ford actually garnered more reservations from this forum, and by word of mouth to our friends outside of the forum. Myself I was able to convince a member here , @AzScorpion (through the Ranger forum) that he needed a new Bronco. And he now has a Badlands reserved. We can only hope and pray that Ford's H.R. Dept. understands these facts along with having the Stigs best interest at heart, and The Stig will stay employed by the company. I can't imagine the uproar his termination would cause among the members here that consider The Stig their friend, and champion. LONG LIVE THE STIG, AND HIS TATER. And our own Miss Ashley @618TRVLWILD .

Edit: I will also say that there is no way Ford can prove malicious intent, or monetary gain in what The Stig did. I would say he only served to build excitement in all of us here. Even those, myself included, that saw Dwayne Johnson drive up in that God awful looking proto type in the 2018 movie "Rampage". As you can see that's when I became a member of this forum.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I said this once before, and I will say it again. The Stig saved more Bronco reservations from being cancelled in December 2020 and January 2021 than the entire marketing department of Jackson Dawson Communications.

February 3, 2021:
Amen brother. I was ready to walk away until The Stig took a picture of the 4 doors cargo area. I needed just that bit of visual to know the Bronco would be the proper fit, and could be used liked I use my Jeep.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company while we cannot know the extent to which The Stig may have violated company policy, we can say that their impact on this forum and the Bronco Community was nothing but positive. Their contribution is what kept a lot of customers (including myself) from jumping ship. I would encourage Ford to take a poll on those that were positively impacted by The Stig, then add up the cost of our Bronco orders and consider that a % of that revenue is directly the result of us getting information. Go easy on the The Stig and then promote The Stig. At a time when some folks are breaking policy to sink companies, The Stig put their job on the line to save a major product line, knowing that the customers demanded and needed more!

Promote The Stig!

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe its not clear but what and why are we supporting? did something bad happen to the stig? are we buying something? are we donating money? i appreciate all the stig has done for the forum, but i guess a little clarity, otherwise wouldnt it just be a tribute to the stig?
I've not read further responses so perhaps someone has already made it clear to you. I'm not sure if you read Ashley's initial response on page 1, the context for this thread was explained. She asked me to respond to you as she works wonky hours.

The Stig has been on suspension. Thankfully, MAP workers have union representatives to appeal on one's behalf. The pending appeal is being reviewed and the union representatives have asked for testimonials on The Stig's behalf. The Stig reached out to Ashley and she asked me to write the initial post as quite frankly she is terrible at typing with gloves on as she works in a tire factory. She tried to use the excuse that I have a way with words. But I think she was being too kind. 😉

The Stig has not asked for money. You are not obligated to buy something. If you wish to write a testimonial on The Stig's behalf, it would be appreciated.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back in July of 2020 I was excited about the Bronco and put in a reservation in Aug and thought I have in by time of my 50th birthday in oct of 2021 and put a order in Feb for a base 2 door with 2.7 with Sasquatch hoping I get it by my birthday and as time went by I was hoping by Feb of 2022 and then before summer of 2022 but I lost all excitement for the Bronco because I dont think I am going get it anytime before 2023 it feels like you see your Christmas present under the tree but Christmas Day keeps getting push back ,I was going sigh up for the Ford off-roadoa in Vegas but I lost all my excitement about going.

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've not read further responses so perhaps someone has already made it clear to you. I'm not sure if you read Ashley's initial response on page 1, the context for this thread was explained. She asked me to respond to you as she works wonky hours.

The Stig has been on suspension. Thankfully, MAP workers have union representatives to appeal on one's behalf. The pending appeal is being reviewed and the union representatives have asked for testimonials on The Stig's behalf. The Stig reached out to Ashley and she asked me to write the initial post as quite frankly she is terrible at typing with gloves on as she works in a tire factory. She tried to use the excuse that I have a way with words. But I think she was being too kind. 😉

The Stig has not asked for money. You are not obligated to buy something. If you wish to write a testimonial on The Stig's behalf, it would be appreciated.
hey no worries, i guess i would have expected that in the post not the replies is all. i read what you wrote and replied to it. i did not read any replies prior to. thanks for the heads ups and best of luck to him. thanks for the heads up

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i will say this, The Stig has kept me as a Bronco buyer when i could have bought a wrangler after hearing about constraints and timing etc (i am a current jeep owner). then a major delay, then no painted tops, but the whole time he made every single one of us salvate over these new bronco's. it seemed every time some bad news came out, there was the stig with new photos of the trucks or even the badges or info to get us excited about the process and the dream of taking our new broncos roof off while riding on the beach, the dunes or the forest trails. he kept that info flowing when everything the company was putting out there was bad press, this guy gave us the real info we all wanted to see. the colors, the stance of a 2 door non squatch next to a 4 door squatch. long live the stig. that dude has helped Ford way more than he should have and they dont even know it.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ridden this rollercoaster from Day 1 regarding the Bronco and have continued to hold on as the wheels have fallen off from all corners. If the Stig is let go then that will be the final straw to break the camel's back for me.

I don't need to pay $60k for this constant headache, the Stig helped people realize how badass this vehicle was while ford's team was fumbling causing everyone to panick online.

If he's gone, I'm done

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without Stig's photos and information, I would not have driven 5 hours to see a Bronco in person back in early March. His photos were invaluable in making my decision on color and model. The Ford renderings were/are terrible. The information he provided helped everyone on this forum realize that this new Bronco was going to be great. He released just enough information for us to make intelligent choices on a product few of us had seen in person. How can Ford expect us to order a vehicle sight unseen after watching a hype video and build and price renderings. We needed real pictures. Ford has to understand that Stig's information is the reason many of us have not walked away through all of this. He is an asset to Ford and a vital component to the Bronco release.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Stig was THE heart and soul of Bronco news, that not only kept individuals interested, but surely brought @Ford Motor Company new customers as well. Stig provided more of a service to us all, as customers, than the entire marketing team combined by simply providing answers to the most basic of questions @Ford Motor Company couldn't be bothered to answer. He also helped all of us maintain the level of anticipation and excitement that started at the reveal/reservation-the same anticipation and excitement @Ford Motor Company was letting dwindle.

Long live the Stig, and a huge THANK YOU for all you did for us!!
Sponsored