Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, mustang camaro LSC Low Rider etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should probably be thanking him for keeping people interested, considering Ford couldn't and still can't provide informative emails to their customers
Ain’t that the truth. How many reservations did the info he provided save.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the same but when we did a plant tour in '14 the rule was phone out, you're out. I'm not going to get into the whataboutism of things but we couldn't walk 20 yards without seeing a plant worker, presumably on break or waiting to sub someone out, not have a phone out, watching videos, sharing pics with another co worker, music, social media. Yes, I saw all of that on the tour.
I got hammered by Ford a few years ago for confirming something I saw that was already public. I was wrong and did sign a NDA before the meeting so they had every right to call me on it. This is something different. The rub is Ford wants to be in complete control of the cadence of info. releases and I can appreciate that. My problem was excitement and wanting to share the hype. there was no ill intent or anything like that involved. I see this situation as the same thing. Stig isn't an engineer leaking proprietary information, marketing strategies/incentive timing getting leaked or "new space" vehicle inside pic leaks.

While it may be plant policy to not allow these kind of pics or videos, I will guarantee it happens and virtually none of it is meant to harm Ford or the UAW. This kind of "insider" info or behind the scenes stuff is what people want and generates the kind of excitement, hype that is good for Ford and doesn't cost them any $$. Stig's punishment should be the same as the one I got. A good azz chewing and warning not to do it again. That's all carry on.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have to throw in my 2c worth here. The unofficial pics we received from the Stig were instrumental in keeping me excited about getting a bronco, and deciding which one. Due to C19, the normal road show Ford would have put on didn't happen. It made it difficult for us to choose what we wanted in our truck. He did Ford a much needed service by helping us see actual pictures of the Bronco, not made up graphics that weren't even correct. Ford should see the end result was more excited customers and learn from a good thing, not punish it.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nothing that hasn't been said: The Stig's actions were a clear material benefit to Ford Motor Company.

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never got STIG swag and that makes me sad :cry:

The above thread is what initially piqued my interest in Wildtraks. That lead to doing more of my own research and internally debating what I actually NEEDED out of my Bronco. Ultimately I ended up changing my reservation from a 2dr BL to a 4dr WT.

In turn, this also lead me to decide to bring my family to Townsend in April to meet the broncos in person.

Without STIG I would most definitely be in a situation of having buyers' remorse right now. Instead, I believe I made the best choice possible for myself and my family because of the STIG.

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action PXL_20210809_160952330

Cheers, STIG! 🍻

EDIT: A HUGE thank you to Ashley as well for being the STIG's liaison!

Last edited:

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been on this forum for the past year, and it has been quite an interesting ride. And after hearing what happened to The Stig (appreciate the Top Gear reference having watched a bit of the show myself), I wholeheartedly agree with what everyone else is saying. If it weren't for this person's mighty fine camera work, many more people would've been left in the dark and a LOT more reservations would've been cancelled. Plus look at how many great Bronco photos we would have missed out on. Stig, 618TRVLWILD, I hope for the best.

Many thanks,

Sergeant Gearhead

Cvali

Badlands
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to convey my gratitude to both The Stig and Miss Ashley. Because of the ineptitude of Ford's rockstars and their inability to properly render basic colors and interiors within Build and Price, we were left seeking answers to basic questions. I would dare say the "compromise" interior (all black) for the First Edition was born out of the awful renders of maligned Navy Pier. No one wanted it, but as it turns out, it is actually quite nice. But instead of providing actual photographic supporting evidence of what it looked like, Ford dealt with the public outcry and created the "compromise" edition. (Let's be frank, the FE has been one compromise after another.)

Never was secret information conveyed to the community. It was general information that Ford should have been forthcoming with. The community would ask for specific information and The Stig tried to find out the information. I still remember the photographic evidence revealing the wheel offset, but for whatever reason it was a secret that Ford kept under wraps.

I feel their efforts combined saved Ford from an untold number of cancellations as the frustration due to the lack of information was very real. If anything, Ford should have given The Stig a raise and Ashley a gratuitous discount as a thank you.

While we all wish The Stig had an actual camera for better photos, what was provided was enough to answer our questions.
Thank you Stig and Ashley, you keeping inform has been the reason I haven't giving up on this long journey that seems no ending. I get the news that my dealer or Ford doesn't, big thank you!!!

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another note, Ford should benchmark this scenario and realize the value it truly adds to their marketing plan. Perhaps create an internal committee of passionate employees to assist with creating some marketing releases that shows inside the Wonka factory and gives the employees a known path to legally get their word out on the streets. These people are passionate and they'll do it for free because they LOVE Ford. You'll build morale within your company at the same time... But what do I know?... I'm just another corporate guy.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The community of Ford Bronco enthusiasts who use this forum might be a small number of the total number of people who intend to buy Broncos, but Stig's contributions at a time when those excited customers had nothing to go off of were so very exciting for the community. His contributions were exciting and really amped up many of us for the coon-to-come Bronco!

Perhaps some information wasn't what Ford wanted straight out to the public, however, he made SO MANY customers happy!!!!

I would like to thank him for his help during the ramp-up process as Ford was steering the titanic towards the iceberg.

They did an excellent job of hitting the iceberg without Sig on board, but he should be allowed back into his humble workplace as it sinks!

@618TRVLWILD, is this where you would like us to upload our favorite potato pictures Stig sent us via text or on the forum?

Edit: Post updated with pic and story:

I fondly remember when his potato was splashed all over my face and the excitement of Cactus Gray was dashed forever as it devolved into looking like interior walls of a value-priced apartment dwelling.

While I hated that moment, Stig had performed a great service in helping me understand how terrible Cactus Gray was going to be and it ensured that my Bronco order would be in a color I really enjoyed.

And what Ford had given us as the color up to that point:

Really, Ford? :unsure:

Really? 😢

Yea, really. 🤬
This......This right here. This Demo model got me so excited for the Bronco return. Before that the only good look at a Bronco demo was that monstrocity that was the one in Rampage. I wanted the white top like my 73. I loved the white seats , dash, handles. And the red accents really set it all off. Then the B&P came out and NO WHITE ANYTHING (except body paint). So disappointing , but I was already hooked. Thank you so much for all the pics, info, and looks behind the scenes.

Sponsored

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has been disappointing to say the least during the the release of the Bronco and hasn’t been as forthcoming as a company that touts itself as this “open book for the people” kind of business. Stig has kept the readers at Bronco6g informed, engaged, and dare I say relieved to have something coming our way to keep us on the line. His post kept me from cancelling my reservation outright and moving to a MY22 with a day 1 reservation because I wanted something Ford had promised but didn’t deliver. The tidbits that Stig did share gave me hope and something we need a lot of with for right now with Ford…patience. Keep the Stig rolling as he should be touted as a valued asset and member of the Ford family.

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Stig and Miss Ashley kept us from burning the place down due to lack of communication. I will proudly wear and display my patches when my truck arrives. I cannot thank them enough. (y)

Raincloud

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Stig’s pictures are what kept me pumped, not anything Ford has ever sent out themselves. They weren’t top quality, but they were real pictures at a crucial time. The Stig kept me here. This forum reminds me why I stay on this journey through hell (and it has been hell for me as I’m currently driving a borrowed car and I’m a member of the no vin gang) to get the vehicle I’ve dreamed of owning since I was 14. Ford you should be thankful for The Stig and his enormous contributions that have reached far beyond the B6G community.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Told Ashley at the time, Stig kept the flame alive for our family. When the best Ford could do was CGI images that weren't accurate, Stig gave us the real world colors to pick from. Remember Cactus "Mint Green" on the website? People that were considering that color got a real world glimpse of it because of The Stig! Thank you Ashley and Stig!! You're good folks!

Give the guy a raise and thank him.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of big companies have some sort of (company value or standards) that they say they live by. I know that my company does and they go something like this: here at our company we believe in integrity, honesty, ethics, safety, and a few more. Then when an employee is honest and ethical and shares non secret truthful information that the company wants to hide from it's consumers ( which is dishonest and un ethical for the company to do ) the company gets upset. Funny how that works out.
Sponsored