Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Throwing my voice in here...
There was so much time between reservation and the Ford launch milestones (b&p, order banks, news releases) that it was hard to maintain a passionate interest. B6G and Stigs "insights" gave all of us MUCH NEEDED information and tidbits to keep us informed and excited for what FMC was doing. He was a one man hype machine for Ford when they needed one.

I will never be like those Jeep owners who plasters stickers all over their rigs, but I have a Stig sticker from Ashley that will find a home somewhere on my Bronco.
Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I for one know that i wouldn’t be here without Stig’s contribution to this community. I have even brought over some friends to the Bronco family even though they are not on this forum. I have religiously followed this forum and the journey i have been has been a bumpy but a positive one due to this community. Thank you Stig!

DDC4D1D5-7BAF-4AFF-A774-E69914585789.jpeg
What diecast models are the two larger Broncos? I'd like to add to my small collection of diecast Broncos! Thanks!

20210509_134049.jpg

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you seen Cactus Gray on a real Bronco in person, outside? It looks like the bottom photo. It’s awesome on the big Bronco.
Yes, seen it in person in multiple lighting.

The most apt description is "condom goo".

If you thought apartment grade off-white was too exciting for your delicate sensibilities, then Cactus Gray comes through punching with mushroom whatever.

The color is featureless.*

Full disclosure: also saw it on a Ranger Lariat tonight and asked a friend what they thought of it. Their response was "well, it's pretty boring". Keen observation!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, seen it in person in multiple lighting.

The most apt description is "condom goo".

If you thought apartment grade off-white was too exciting for your delicate sensibilities, then Cactus Gray comes through punching with mushroom whatever.

The color is featureless.*

Full disclosure: also saw it on a Ranger Lariat tonight and asked a friend what they thought of it. Their response was "well, it's pretty boring". Keen observation!
Yaa, well, yuh know, that’s just like uhh your opinion, man.

Seeing it on ranger didn’t really do anything for me. But, I also think the Ranger is just the ugly stepchild of the F-150, so take that as you will. I saw Cactus on a Wildtrack and it looked great with the look of the overall vehicle. To each their own.

Last edited:

mairskin

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stig absolutely made this Forum better, and he should be promoted at Ford for his efforts!

His posts we critical in keeping the passion for the Bronco burning strong, while Ford has just continued to disappoint.

Looking back though all his posts, I remember a time when I just assumed I would get a 2021. But Alas Ford has failed is such a unbelievable number of ways.

I have wanted the New door Bronco since the first leaked photo I saw, the white 2 door/ white hardtop, probably work of the Stig.

Stig, I'm sure great things are in your future.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD Ash, please keep us updated on how it turns out for The Stig. We all have a vested interest in a friend that helped keep the dream alive while Ford's marketing team didn't even have an idea how to proceed.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD Ash, please keep us updated on how it turns out for The Stig. We all have a vested interest in a friend that helped keep the dream alive while Ford's marketing team didn't even have an idea how to proceed.
I absolutely will. He said he will be talking to the reviewers soon. This week or next. They are still cleaning up from the storms in the Stigs area. Power has been wonky.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes! Exactly!

Sponsored

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many of us on this forum who want a Bronco more than need one. I know I do not need one. I have a perfectly fine car. The Bronco is the first car in a long time that I am excited about purchasing. This forum and so many people here have done such a fantastic job of keeping the excitement alive. Special thanks to The Stig and Ashley @618TRVLWILD for being such great brand ambassadors for Ford. You each have earned and deserve our respect and admiration. Ford certainly owes you both for your effort. Keep the dream alive!

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford were to overlook the positive resource that they have in The Stig, it would make me seriously concerned about what else Ford has overlooked or cast aside. While I can't speak for everyone, a very large part of why I have maintained my reservation/order is directly attributable to his actions. I would imagine that I am far from the only one that is following through with this purchase due to the engagement The Stig had with the Bronco community. I feel that Ford badly misjudged what was required to maintain interest and excitement during the extended and unplanned length of time between the original introduction and delivery of the Bronco. Fortunately, the Stig was able to do what Ford could not have on it's own. As far as repercussions for violating what I can only assume to be multiple employee policies and NDA's, I understand that some action is probably warranted. As a suggestion, I would posit that he help put together an employee-enthusiast advisory council that will be meeting with the marketing team and corporate officers to help identify gaps in Ford's plans in reaching and addressing an enthusiast market. Ford needs to tap into this previously unidentified resource that it is already employing. Thank you Stig and Ashley for everything that you have done for this, and the larger, Bronco community.

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Stig were a double agent placed by FMC to conduct guerilla marketing and introduce us starved fans to the Bronco, then kudos to FMC. But seeing this shitshow of a launch, there's no way FMC is capable of such a brilliant move.

The Stig is one of our brothers who was just trying to help us understand the vacuum that was the Bronco and inadvertently ended up helping FMC with a whole bunch of positive advertising and the new Bronco orders. He need recognition and a reward from FMC, not reprimand and rebukes!!

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say , that his well timed contributions kept me from canceling my reservation.

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action 01299FF1-6E24-4BD4-8BFD-E955FFB818F1