Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Late to the party, but I wholeheartedly "+1" all the good things that have been said about Stig. And thanks to Ashley for publishing the information, too.

In my case, his pictures helped me finalize my color choice AND kept the excitement alive way more than Ford and their official marketing partners did.

I would call what STIG did Guerrilla marketing...there are MBA books on it, maybe Ford's leaders should read them.
This is the amazing part, to me. I initially thought that Ford *was* doing guerilla marketing. I mean, the pictures were so much better (even if imperfect at times) than we were getting from Ford, and they were addressing real questions we all had (the list of B6G threads speaks for itself).

Not only that, his pictures showed that Ford was working hard on the Bronco AND that there are a lot of people at Michigan Truck (I guess it's MAP now, I had the pleasure of working in the plant the day of the 2003 blackout, interestingly enough) who are also passionate about the Bronco.

This should be exactly what Ford wants to put out into the world, to keep their prospective customers happy. I'm amazed that one person managed to do all this. Why would Ford punish someone who *helped* the company? Ford should be giving Stig a bonus, a large one, for his efforts and to make up for the punishment so far.

As for whatever rules Stig may have violated, I'll end with this quote:
“Too many rules get in the way of leadership. They just put you in a box . . . . People set rules to keep from making decisions.” - Mike Krzyzewski
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Late to the party, but I wholeheartedly "+1" all the good things that have been said about Stig. And thanks to Ashley for publishing the information, too.

In my case, his pictures helped me finalize my color choice AND kept the excitement alive way more than Ford and their official marketing partners did.

This is the amazing part, to me. I initially thought that Ford *was* doing guerilla marketing. I mean, the pictures were so much better (even if imperfect at times) than we were getting from Ford, and they were addressing real questions we all had (the list of B6G threads speaks for itself).

Not only that, his pictures showed that Ford was working hard on the Bronco AND that there are a lot of people at Michigan Truck (I guess it's MAP now, I had the pleasure of working in the plant the day of the 2003 blackout, interestingly enough) who are also passionate about the Bronco.

This should be exactly what Ford wants to put out into the world, to keep their prospective customers happy. I'm amazed that one person managed to do all this. Why would Ford punish someone who *helped* the company? Ford should be giving Stig a bonus, a large one, for his efforts and to make up for the punishment so far.

As for whatever rules Stig may have violated, I'll end with this quote:
“Too many rules get in the way of leadership. They just put you in a box . . . . People set rules to keep from making decisions.” - Mike Krzyzewski
" People vary in their susceptibility to advertising and marketing techniques. Some are so susceptible that, even if they make a great deal of money, they cannot satisfy their constant craving for the the shiny new toys that the marketing industry dangles before their eyes... "
-Ted Kaczynski

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any updates on Stig’s Trial and Tribulation?

Is Stig Alive or sleeping with the fishes in Lake Michigan?

Ford send his helmet with 2 fishes In it as a warning to others?

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any updates on the stig?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any updates on Stig’s Trial and Tribulation?

Is Stig Alive or sleeping with the fishes in Lake Michigan?

Ford send his helmet with 2 fishes In it as a warning to others?
Ashley was out in Colorado for Super Celebration West for the week. When she gets back, she can update the community if there is anything new to report.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As promised. The Stig is represented on my new Black Diamond.

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action IMG_3892.JPG

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action IMG_3892.JPG
Wish I could get one of those - I'd even trade my Dirt Mountain sticker for one!

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive been around awhile, the Stig has certainly filled a lot of holes, shut up and confirmed rumors. Thanks and I pray the heads at Ford take it or took it easy on you.

P.S. where can I get one of those stig "morale patches"?

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@618TRVLWILD Miss Ashley, any update?

for the record since ive worked in corporate America long enough they may not be able to talk about it.... so if you just need to say all is good and leave it at that let us know this and well quit asking questions... if its not all good then i vote we raise holy hell :)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Ford Motor Company , name one marketing employee that has stirred up such a following that people put stickers in their honor on their Ford vehicles.
Perhaps not the angle you were going for....

But Ford put this guys name on the back of their cars and he was quite the marketing man.

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action 2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rear-low[1]

That point aside. And as somebody who performs a large part of their work as a federal compliance auditor, rules were broken. But they weren't broken with malice or for personal gain.

What is needed is a corrective action plan for the employee. Your greatest resource is always the employees who work for you.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps not the angle you were going for....

But Ford put this guys name on the back of their cars and he was quite the marketing man.

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action 2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rear-low[1]

That point aside. And as somebody who performs a large part of their work as a federal compliance auditor, rules were broken. But they weren't broken with malice or for personal gain.

What is needed is a corrective action plan for the employee. Your greatest resource is always the employees who work for you.

You are right, employees are the greatest resource. Unfortunately it seems Stig made the 3rd biggest blunder behind don’t get involved with a Sicilian when death is involved and don’t get involved in a land war in Asia. He royally pissed off someone in leadership high enough to dictate HR’s response.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are right, employees are the greatest resource. Unfortunately it seems Stig made the 3rd biggest blunder behind don’t get involved with a Sicilian when death is involved and don’t get involved in a land war in Asia. He royally pissed off someone in leadership high enough to dictate HR’s response.
Hmm, not sure about employees being the greatest resource. Maybe this will clear things up.

This is a classic, from 1993:
https://dilbert.com/strip/1993-03-03

One more:
https://dilbert.com/strip/1997-11-09

https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=employees+most+valuable+resource
Sponsored