First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Avalanche z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all my first post on here so hoping I haven't put it in the wrong spot but for those that have read all the technical specs or seen the 2 door in person do you think a sub 6ft surfboard will fit in the back of a 2 door. I normally keep a board in my truck locked under the bed cover cause you never know when you'll get away from school/work to get a quick surf in. I really want the 2 door badlands because I think the 2 door just hands down looks better and I think its what I want. I know I'll be able to put boards on the roof rack but for leaving it parked somewhere I wouldn't want to leave boards on the roof. so do y'all think it will be possible to get a shortboard in the back of a two door? even if it has to be at a diagonal/stick over the center console/have the seats down/etc I would rather be able to lock everything up if possible.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all my first post on here so hoping I haven't put it in the wrong spot but for those that have read all the technical specs or seen the 2 door in person do you think a sub 6ft surfboard will fit in the back of a 2 door. I normally keep a board in my truck locked under the bed cover cause you never know when you'll get away from school/work to get a quick surf in. I really want the 2 door badlands because I think the 2 door just hands down looks better and I think its what I want. I know I'll be able to put boards on the roof rack but for leaving it parked somewhere I wouldn't want to leave boards on the roof. so do y'all think it will be possible to get a shortboard in the back of a two door? even if it has to be at a diagonal/stick over the center console/have the seats down/etc I would rather be able to lock everything up if possible.
I definitely think you can fit a short one in there. Just lay the back seats down and toss it in diagonally.

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guy, you going to have plenty of options! My favorite: get the Modular roof, open up the gunner port, and boom! You good. Plenty of kooks do the same. Of course, this doesn’t secure it for you... ???‍♂

But honestly, a short board should fit fine with the back seats semi-folded and the board sits diagonally. It’s going to poke into the front seats no doubt, but it should fit.
Ford Bronco surfboard in a 2 door FBA546C6-F98B-4E69-A6F2-793A79E83899

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think If you fold the rear seats down and lay on side sticking nose between the front seats that it will fit and can be locked inside. I do this with my 6’4”-6’7” short boards inside of my Acura RSX. Should definitely work inside a 2door Bronco with just a 6 footer.

Sponsored

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco surfboard in a 2 door 1600359025341

I saw someone driving on the freeway like this 2 days ago with a longer board sticking out of the moonroof. You could see it flexing in the wind. Just a matter of time before it snapped. I got 3 lanes away from them immediately. ?

I also see boards unsafely secured and hanging over shortbed truck tailgates all the time. Accidents waiting to happen.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gotta to wonder if the passenger seat will fold forward flat.

on one of our long departed vehicles, we used to fold the rear seat and the front seat
forward to insert long objects through the rear hatch and rest the front end on the dash.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome!

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guy, you going to have plenty of options! My favorite: get the Modular roof, open up the gunner port, and boom! You good. Plenty of kooks do the same. Of course, this doesn’t secure it for you... ???‍♂

But honestly, a short board should fit fine with the back seats semi-folded and the board sits diagonally. It’s going to poke into the front seats no doubt, but it should fit.
Ford Bronco surfboard in a 2 door 1600359025341
Love the "Gunner Port" reference. Sweet visual. Right on!

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's wrong with the roof rack on the 2-door? They lock.
I agree, the roof rack would definitely be the best/only option. The two would look good with a surf board on a two door with a roof rack

OP
OP
surfguy96

surfguy96

Badlands
First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Avalanche z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, the roof rack would definitely be the best/only option. The two would look good with a surf board on a two door with a roof rack
I will definitely be using the roof rack for boards just was wondering if I could get my small boards inside as I tend to always have a board in my truck now but wouldn't want one strapped to the roof rack 24/7 (would be easier to steal/get damaged with prolonged exposure to elements)

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely think a short board will fit inside. The wax might melt off though ;-)
I am hoping for a way to drive with the rear glass opened for my longboards, that wont slam closed if I hit a bump.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im sure it will fit with seats down in pass side gf will have to sit behind you lol.Or on roof with those braided steel lock straps i have those for travel,or if board is short enough get a thule pod box throw bord in there out of the sun those thing are spendy new but i see them at garage sales and craigslist all the time.
Sponsored