Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story and happy for your blessings.
This is by far the best posting I have seen on here since the 'Email' debacle. Your dealer did the right thing with their Priority and hopefully we hear more of these.
Enjoy the surprise with her.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s awesome, congrats! I have a feeling tears of joy are going to flow. Enjoy the ride. 🎉

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved and ordered a 2 door Outer Banks, AntiMatter Blue, 2.7, Mid, towing as a surprise for my wife. She is a breast cancer survivor and has no idea this is coming, she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV sometime this summer. Battled a tough fight and never complained. Lets me buy as many fishing rods and guns as I think I need (OK want!), never gives me grief. She has never had a new car, only driven mini vans and sedans to schlep our kids around for the last 24 years. I want her to drive something that makes her feel cool and young again. She said a couple times she wanted something fun to drive but knew the Jeeps and Broncos were too expensive, not practical. Just received our VIN and our build week is 6/7, can't wait to give her the truck. My dealer was kind enough to give her his only priority build slot. Here's the wheels I bought for the rig, they will be wrapped in 33 x 12.5 AT's and a picture of my F150 she stole for the winter. I want it back!
MoBro.JPG
black-rhino-barstow-dearborn-blue_1.jpg
F150.jpg
1. You are an amazing husband. I'm so happy your wife is doing better!
2. Can you please share where you found those wheels? I love them. Do they fit within the same area as the factory rims?
3. I hope you have many many years to enjoy riding around off-road with your wife.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2. Can you please share where you found those wheels? I love them. Do they fit within the same area as the factory rims?
3. I hope you have many many years to enjoy riding around off-road with your wife.
Awesome story!! Yes...the wheels......we need info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. I am a mostly OK husband with an amazing wife. We aren't perfect but we show up every day.
2. They are Black Rhino wheels, the model is the Barstow in Dearborn Blue. They are an 18"x9.5" with a 6 x 139.7 bolt pattern and a 12mm+ offset. I bought them from Hubcap Tire and Wheel in Florida, $1500 for a set of 5, shipping included. I'm wrapping them with 33x12.5x18 AT tires. They will be about 2" out from factory width each corner and an inch taller. Should be near the edge of the flare. Will make it look less like a grocery getter!
3. I can't wait to load our 2 Chocolate Labs in the back and go for rides for no reason at all, like we used to before we had kids:)

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved and ordered a 2 door Outer Banks, AntiMatter Blue, 2.7, Mid, towing as a surprise for my wife. She is a breast cancer survivor and has no idea this is coming, she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV sometime this summer. Battled a tough fight and never complained. Lets me buy as many fishing rods and guns as I think I need (OK want!), never gives me grief. She has never had a new car, only driven mini vans and sedans to schlep our kids around for the last 24 years. I want her to drive something that makes her feel cool and young again. She said a couple times she wanted something fun to drive but knew the Jeeps and Broncos were too expensive, not practical. Just received our VIN and our build week is 6/7, can't wait to give her the truck. My dealer was kind enough to give her his only priority build slot. Here's the wheels I bought for the rig, they will be wrapped in 33 x 12.5 AT's and a picture of my F150 she stole for the winter. I want it back!
MoBro.JPG
black-rhino-barstow-dearborn-blue_1.jpg
F150.jpg
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good story! Hope she enjoys the shit outta her bronco!

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m happy she’s doing well... and that you’re doing right by her... congrats
I get as much out of it, probably more. Knowing I was going to do this since last July has been hard though, not gonna lie. She saved for 3 years to surprise me with a sailing charter in Grenada a little while back. I wanted to get my Captains license, for no good reason, just wanted it, she said go! We share all the same likes. I enjoy watching reveals on Youtube and was thinking that would be cool if someone did that for me. Then I thought, idiot, do it for your wife, even better. So here we are.

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great story and happy for your blessings.
This is by far the best posting I have seen on here since the 'Email' debacle. Your dealer did the right thing with their Priority and hopefully we hear more of these.
Enjoy the surprise with her.
Thank You!!
Sponsored