Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those who hadn't seen my original posts:

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. We looked it over online and after some discussion we decided it was too impractical and too expensive, (at least thats what I told her). What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also recieved my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are recieving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael

Ford Bronco Surprise Bronco Reveal Update: Tires and Wheels Mounted and Balanced! Tire 1
Ford Bronco Surprise Bronco Reveal Update: Tires and Wheels Mounted and Balanced! Tire 2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coal Powers America

Big Bend
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. We looked it over online and after some discussion we decided it was too impractical and too expensive. What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also recieved my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are recieving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael
Ford Bronco Surprise Bronco Reveal Update: Tires and Wheels Mounted and Balanced! Tire 2
I can’t love this enough! Good luck with keeping it a secret and look forward to hearing all the details

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is so touching 🥺🥺 big up yourself for being a model husband and big congrats to your wife for living what sounds like an incredible life post cancer smack down. My high school/college boyfriend got cancer at 22 while we were together and while we weren't married I totally understand that struggle. Keep us updated on how this goes down and fingers crossed for you on the build!!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. We looked it over online and after some discussion we decided it was too impractical and too expensive. What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Those wheels are fire what color is your bronco velocity blue congrats to you and your wife

Sponsored

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time I'm happy that someone is getting theirs before me. You guys deserve it! Looking forward to seeing the video.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where's the 'smiley' for tears????

May God richly bless you and may the schedule hold!!!!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tire 1.jpg
Tire 2.jpg
I remember this story from a few months back. I've watched a few members of my family succumb to cancer and it sucks. So glad to hear that your wife remains in remission and hopefully it stays that way ;)

As for your color match? I'm sure it's close enough, your wife should love the wheels just as much as her surprise Bronco. I may be a grumpy old man myself, but I look forward to seeing the video of her reaction when you give it to her. Congrats and good luck!

Ps. You're like the only person getting an early delivery that I don't hate! The rest can go suck it for jumping the line! 🤣 Well there are a few others I don't hate, but you get my drift.

Sponsored

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome and those wheels are beautiful!

Any specific reason you went with a wider 305/65 tire instead of say a 285/70?

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You sir are awesome! I am terrible at surprising my wife. It sure would be nice if Ford were listening and made sure that your Bronco got built in time for your anniversary.....
Unfortunately that won't happen. Our anniversary is August 9th:) 24 years. We were sharing my truck and that came to a meltdown which almost involved me telling her about the Bronco. She was at wits end as we have been a one car house for six months. I found and bought a MINI Cooper for her to drive this summer. Its a Sport Clubman that had issues I was able to resolve, 90,000 miles, paid $3900. She loves it for a summer driver, it has a sunroof and goes like a rocket, 6 speed manual. So took the heat off a little:)

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome story my friend...glad your wife is a survivor! My dad currently in his own battle so very relatable...cancer sucks.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awesome...and a fantastic surprise for your wife. I feel like you're right on target with the Bronco. It's more than just a car that you're getting, you're buying back a feeling.

Ever thought of reaching out to Ford directly, they'd probably eat this up and might even put your truck on a more rush delivery. That said, this feels like something that could easily go viral, which would definitely ruin your surprise, so may want to be careful there.
Sponsored