Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God Bless you and your family! Can't wait to see the video of you surprising your wife. She will be blown away!
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those who hadn't seen my original posts:

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. We looked it over online and after some discussion we decided it was too impractical and too expensive, (at least thats what I told her). What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also recieved my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are recieving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael

Tire 1.jpg
Tire 2.jpg
That is awesome of you. My wife is a stage 3 breast cancer survivor. She finished her last chemo last summer and is on hormones for 4 more years. She currently drives our 96 Bronco, but its getting a little wild and rough riding. I am working on taking her on a mainland roadtrip next year to buy a Bronco. We havent ordered yet but are hoping to get in on a tail end of 2022 production.

Anyway what you are doing for your lady is very inspiring. While my wifes Bronco may not be a suprise to her, I hope to do something special for our first day in our Bronco. When that day come of course.

Keep taking care of your wife, I married mine in the middle of her treatment and plan to work to keep her happy and healthy for many years to come. Wish you all well.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on brother! She's gonna love it and she definitely deserves to be the center of attention for a day and have the gift of driving a a vehicle that she loves. Life is too short and it sounds like she knows that better than most of us. Also sounds like she is an inspiration to those around her... I'll be praying for her and your reveal. Good luck and know that you're doing the right thing. WHEELS LOOK GREAT ALSO!!!

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"try to keep it quiet"...meanwhile, it's such an appealing story the mods put it on the front page.

Can't complain, I'm along for the ride. Good luck!

Sponsored

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those who hadn't seen my original posts:

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. We looked it over online and after some discussion we decided it was too impractical and too expensive, (at least thats what I told her). What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also recieved my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are recieving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael

Tire 1.jpg
Tire 2.jpg
This is such an amazing story! Very heartwarming. I know your wife will love it 😍 Also I'm glad your wife was able to make it through her cancer battle. That's a very difficult and emotional experience to go through 🌻

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad my wife is away!! They sent a 3 pack of model Bronco's today, the poster and sticker yesterday. Thank you Ford Team. The model had Bronco written all over the outside of the box. That would have been hard to explain. Being only 3 weeks away, hope this isn't the consolation prize for another changed production date. Fingers crossed.
Ford Bronco Surprise Bronco Reveal Update: Tires and Wheels Mounted and Balanced! Model 1

Model 2.jpg

Model 3.jpg

TheSpydyr

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT; 2020 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any updates? I'm assuming you got caught up in the whole "dirt mountain" fiasco and haven't gotten your truck. I hope that's not the case though and that Ford is getting you yours for your big reveal!

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any updates? I'm assuming you got caught up in the whole "dirt mountain" fiasco and haven't gotten your truck. I hope that's not the case though and that Ford is getting you yours for your big reveal!
I'm on my 6th build date, now Sept 20th. It's a 2 door, MIC top OBX with tow and 2.7 so it has a few of the "sins" . That said there is a dealer near me who has that build on his lot, just wrong color. The latest email I recieved suggests the 9/20 is a scratch and there is news coming about build dates then. I do have a VIN. Thanks for checking in.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm on my 6th build date, now Sept 20th. It's a 2 door, MIC top OBX with tow and 2.7 so it has a few of the "sins" . That said there is a dealer near me who has that build on his lot, just wrong color. The latest email I recieved suggests the 9/20 is a scratch and there is news coming about build dates then. I do have a VIN. Thanks for checking in.
I am also a 9/20 build... right now. Lots of folks have heard about the date change, but I have gotten nothing from Ford yet. Maybe they are leaving some of us on that date"just in case" and they will get moved at the last minute... or built.
Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AND I just followed a 2 door OBX
I am also a 9/20 build... right now. Lots of folks have heard about the date change, but I have gotten nothing from Ford yet. Maybe they are leaving some of us on that date"just in case" and they will get moved at the last minute... or built.
Good luck!
And today I just followed a 2 door OBX with tow up the road. That hurts. This was a priority build, the dealers only one, and for whatever reasons, still not built. Waiting:)

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@802Bronco - Got an update? Hopefully it truly got built on 09.20

Is your wife still in the dark about it all?

OP
OP
802Bronco

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@802Bronco - Got an update? Hopefully it truly got built on 09.20

Is your wife still in the dark about it all?
Still isn't built and she doesn't know about it. Build date is now 10/27. We are facing far larger challenges than a Bronco not arriving. During an emergency room visit 2 weeks ago they found four growths on her lungs. We go for further testing tomorrow to find out what they are. This is on a woman who was super fit, active athlete and only 52. Whatever it is, do it now and today. Don't wait because you never effing know. PEACE, Michael

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still isn't built and she doesn't know about it. Build date is now 10/27. We are facing far larger challenges than a Bronco not arriving. During an emergency room visit 2 weeks ago they found four growths on her lungs. We go for further testing tomorrow to find out what they are. This is on a woman who was super fit, active athlete and only 52. Whatever it is, do it now and today. Don't wait because you never effing know. PEACE, Michael
🙏

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry to hear about the recent discovery. Wishing nothing but the best for you and your wife.
Sponsored