First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay forum, I am out of the loop on Broncos. I ordered an F150 Lightning in June '22. I didn't think I would get one until end of 2023, so in the meantime I ordered a Bronco from a different local Ford dealer in October. Then I got an offer to jump ahead on the Lightning. It just shipped, and delivers this coming week.

So, as a MAJOR coincidence of timing, after not talking to the Bronco dealer for months, my 4-door 2.7 Outer Banks in Area 51 is on the lot the SAME WEEK the Lightning is scheduled to arrive. (The Bronco dealer (Sames Ford CC) asked for nothing down and sells at MSRP.)

Decision time. Lots of factors go into it. I could even buy both. My question to the Forum, since I have been out of it for some time, is, how long do you see the Bronco holding MSRP value? For 6 months/5,000 miles? Longer? Shorter? I am not going to buy and flip, but I do want to replace my Expedition, and I'm not sure I want to keep the Lightning. Not sure I'm going to like the electric-only limitations. I know I can unload the Lightning if I buy it and don't like it, but what about the Bronco?

Strange times. Used to lose 25% when you drove it off the lot. Now you stand to gain or at least hold value. Strange times indeed.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Per Kelly Blue Book, my Basesquatch trade in value is $51,253. MSRP $40,750. Hope that helps...

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you buy both of them you will keep both of them. They are two totally different animals. The bronco is holding its value for now. Even with damage they have been getting over msrp. The Lightning is , well there are crazy people out there paying out the butt for them.

The Bronco keeps you smiling everytime its driven.
The Lightning is like driving a roller coaster, the damn thing is quick.

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol. Kinda scared of this! That is a possibility. Replace wife's Highlander with the Bronco.
I drive my Bronco more, if that helps. I have to hold back to much on the Lightning.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco = Iconic
Lightning = Electronic

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lightning does nothing for me. Its quick and can be a decent DD or grocery hauler but I wouldn't even consider towing with it due to killing range. That being said, the Bronco doesn't tow much but you have a lot of options for filling up lol. I love driving my Bronco

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay forum, I am out of the loop on Broncos. I ordered an F150 Lightning in June '22. I didn't think I would get one until end of 2023, so in the meantime I ordered a Bronco from a different local Ford dealer in October. Then I got an offer to jump ahead on the Lightning. It just shipped, and delivers this coming week.

So, as a MAJOR coincidence of timing, after not talking to the Bronco dealer for months, my 4-door 2.7 Outer Banks in Area 51 is on the lot the SAME WEEK the Lightning is scheduled to arrive. (The Bronco dealer (Sames Ford CC) asked for nothing down and sells at MSRP.)

Decision time. Lots of factors go into it. I could even buy both. My question to the Forum, since I have been out of it for some time, is, how long do you see the Bronco holding MSRP value? For 6 months/5,000 miles? Longer? Shorter? I am not going to buy and flip, but I do want to replace my Expedition, and I'm not sure I want to keep the Lightning. Not sure I'm going to like the electric-only limitations. I know I can unload the Lightning if I buy it and don't like it, but what about the Bronco?

Strange times. Used to lose 25% when you drove it off the lot. Now you stand to gain or at least hold value. Strange times indeed.

Thanks all.
I just traded in my Big Bend. (Don't worry, the Wildtrak gets built soon) I initially paid 42 after tax. They gave me 44k on the trade in. It had 4600 miles on it, I owned about 10 months.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just traded in my Big Bend. (Don't worry, the Wildtrak gets built soon) I initially paid 42 after tax. They gave me 44k on the trade in. It had 4600 miles on it, I owned about 10 months.
Useful information. Thank you.

Sponsored

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve put 10,000mi on my First Edition that I’ve owned for a year. KBB is quoting me $73k. I paid 65k (MSRP + tax).

Funny thing is, I wouldn’t even consider doing that deal. I love it way too much. Buy the Bronco.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What model of Lightning did your order?

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lariat with Extended Range battery
So that will qualify for the tax credit this year, but not next year. That truck will cost about $16k extra in 2023 between the price increase and lack of tax credit.

If you had to choose, personally I would pick the Lightning if you are looking at which will hold its value better over the next year.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So that will qualify for the tax credit this year, but not next year. That truck will cost about $16k extra in 2023 between the price increase and lack of tax credit
Yup. I drove the Bronco. Lots of wind noise. Not a road vehicle. Neither is the Lightning given the lack of charging infrastructure coming out of Corpus Christi. So I don't want both.

Dealer said he would give me a couple of days to consider.
Sponsored