First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Which one you keep or both has nothing to do with holding value in the short term unless you want to flip one so you realize the profits and not the dealer.

With that said, the market is without a doubt softening and turning a profit on a vehicle is going away fast if it is still happening with interest rates the way they are.

So assuming you aren't looking to turn a profit, which one you keep is all on you.

They are completely different vehicles and both come with inherently different life styles.

I'm not ready to be tethered to an electrical outlet, I like to road trip.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I passed on the Bronco. Will report back if I hear what they got for it. Thanks all for the input.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. I drove the Bronco. Lots of wind noise. Not a road vehicle. Neither is the Lightning given the lack of charging infrastructure coming out of Corpus Christi. So I don't want both.

Dealer said he would give me a couple of days to consider.
After almost two years, my Bronco just arrived at the dealership and I test drove it today. I am in a similar conundrum, as my eye wandered to a Kia EV6 about 6-months ago. I love the Kia, which are words I never thought I would utter. It's fast, easy to drive, charge, and is plenty versatile for my needs with tons of great features.
My advice to you is to take advantage of the Lightening, especially if you have a price guarantee below current MSRP in place. If you change your mind, it will hold value for some time and you can pocket the tax rebate, as there is no technical provision for length of ownership in order to qualify for the rebate.
Furthermore, you will likely find that the charging infrastructure in the general vicinity of your home will matter very little to you because you will probably mostly charge at home. While I am able to charge for free at work, that convenience is totally unnecessary because I've found that I mostly charge during what would otherwise be normal downtime for the car, such as while I sleep.
All that being said, I am strongly considering adding the Bronco to my lineup. I might flip it or just keep it.
Sponsored