Surprise "Your Bronco Arrived" Text!!!

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup. I drove the Bronco. Lots of wind noise. Not a road vehicle. Neither is the Lightning given the lack of charging infrastructure coming out of Corpus Christi. So I don't want both.

Dealer said he would give me a couple of days to consider.
I guess it all depends on how much you drive on a daily basis and if the Lightning would be a road trip vehicle. I have 900 miles on mine and have not used a public charger. Charging at home is more than enough for me.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, as a MAJOR coincidence of timing, after not talking to the Bronco dealer for months, my 4-door 2.7 Outer Banks in Area 51 is on the lot the SAME WEEK the Lightning is scheduled to arrive.

My question to the Forum, since I have been out of it for some time, is, how long do you see the Bronco holding MSRP value?
I think the OBX 4-door is going to lose value faster than any other configuration, especially with the soft top. (I assume you have a soft top if you got it in less than a year) . It's the quintessential "lot Bronco" which dealers are ordering for sale.

The ones that will hold value best are the ones with super long waits, like 2-Door Base models, stick-shifts, Badlands...

Lightning is great if you have a place to charge (never seen a normal garage that will fit a crew cab), AND you only really intend it to be an in-town truck. It can haul a LOT, just not very far.

Personally, I'd buy the Lightning and just flip it for a huge profit.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the OBX 4-door is going to lose value faster than any other configuration, especially with the soft top. (I assume you have a soft top if you got it in less than a year) . It's the quintessential "lot Bronco" which dealers are ordering for sale.

The ones that will hold value best are the ones with super long waits, like 2-Door Base models, stick-shifts, Badlands...

Lightning is great if you have a place to charge (never seen a normal garage that will fit a crew cab), AND you only really intend it to be an in-town truck. It can haul a LOT, just not very far.

Personally, I'd buy the Lightning and just flip it for a huge profit.
Lightning fits in my garage, which is air conditioned, so the battery won't be 120 degrees in the summer. Yes, planned it to be an in-town only vehicle, to include trips to the beach (40-60 miles round trip). Hoping my long haul towing is over now that both horsey daughters have F150's and live elsewhere.

The Lightning might just be a place holder for the Rivian R1S that I ordered about a year ago. I prefer an SUV to a pickup. Especially a short bed. Not much you can do with those.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay forum, I am out of the loop on Broncos. I ordered an F150 Lightning in June '22. I didn't think I would get one until end of 2023, so in the meantime I ordered a Bronco from a different local Ford dealer in October. Then I got an offer to jump ahead on the Lightning. It just shipped, and delivers this coming week.

So, as a MAJOR coincidence of timing, after not talking to the Bronco dealer for months, my 4-door 2.7 Outer Banks in Area 51 is on the lot the SAME WEEK the Lightning is scheduled to arrive. (The Bronco dealer (Sames Ford CC) asked for nothing down and sells at MSRP.)

Decision time. Lots of factors go into it. I could even buy both. My question to the Forum, since I have been out of it for some time, is, how long do you see the Bronco holding MSRP value? For 6 months/5,000 miles? Longer? Shorter? I am not going to buy and flip, but I do want to replace my Expedition, and I'm not sure I want to keep the Lightning. Not sure I'm going to like the electric-only limitations. I know I can unload the Lightning if I buy it and don't like it, but what about the Bronco?

Strange times. Used to lose 25% when you drove it off the lot. Now you stand to gain or at least hold value. Strange times indeed.

Thanks all.
Most importantly, strange times need to account for the fact nobody here can tell you what’s going to happen in terms of value holding or value in resale beyond what you see happening right now, at his very moment, today. If Covid taught us anything, it’s that the entire world can be turned upside down overnight.

Also worth considering is the used car - high offers from companies like Carvana and carmax are really cooling down quickly. As is the used car market in general. A bronco may get you a little more than a used Benz would but only because its in high demand. It wont be anything outrageous like it was before. Once ford catches up and we start seeing Broncos all over, the value for these things is gonna drop. If you can afford both and your wife is about that life, buy both. Having an electric car has many benefits.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup. I drove the Bronco. Lots of wind noise. Not a road vehicle. Neither is the Lightning given the lack of charging infrastructure coming out of Corpus Christi. So I don't want both.

Dealer said he would give me a couple of days to consider.
Mine is not as noisy as I thought it would be. Anyone who has been in a gen 1 would be thrilled with the noise level...

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is not as noisy as I thought it would be. Anyone who has been in a gen 1 would be thrilled with the noise level...
This one has roof rack with crossbars, which yours may not have.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go with the Lightning if you are only getting one. At the minimum your 2022 Lariat ER has a MSRP $9,200 less than a comparable 2023 and you’ll get the $7,500 tax credit. So that puts you $16,700 ahead of any 23 Lariats.

I got my 22 SR XLT Aug. 11 and my 22 Badlands exactly six weeks later. So I went with the Both option.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I agree, no nearly as loud as I was expecting, I have been impressed with how quiet the softie is. I have been driving a Bronco since the beginning of May and like it more and more as time passes.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This one has roof rack with crossbars, which yours may not have.
I have the roof rack. If you think that may be causing the issue, you could try moving the crossbars or taking it off until you need it. You should have body colored inserts for the front...

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would never buy an electric truck right now. Worthless towing for any distance. Easy decision for me. Plus no infrastructure for electric vehicles. Plus way more expensive than it should be. And I hate ev‘s. Lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lightning fits in my garage, which is air conditioned, so the battery won't be 120 degrees in the summer. Yes, planned it to be an in-town only vehicle, to include trips to the beach (40-60 miles round trip). Hoping my long haul towing is over now that both horsey daughters have F150's and live elsewhere.

The Lightning might just be a place holder for the Rivian R1S that I ordered about a year ago. I prefer an SUV to a pickup. Especially a short bed. Not much you can do with those.
I'm officially jealous of the garage. Maybe when I retire I can buy an empty lot and build to suit, in which case, I'll pay for extra deep bays, and put the garage on a mini-split.

Seen a couple Rivians around town. They are nice. Also fast. A fellow with a Rivian was smoking Teslas at the track a couple weeks ago.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm officially jealous of the garage. Maybe when I retire I can buy an empty lot and build to suit, in which case, I'll pay for extra deep bays, and put the garage on a mini-split.

Seen a couple Rivians around town. They are nice. Also fast. A fellow with a Rivian was smoking Teslas at the track a couple weeks ago.
We shopped for this house for 2 years. Garage was top of the list in requirements. Now, 24 years later with the kids grown and gone, it still almost feels too small. Mini-split blows on the elliptical.

Not trying to rub it in or take a victory lap, but instead putting it out there as eye candy!

Attachments

CrytpX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992S, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Acura dealer offered 5k over for my badlands. Buy both and flip. Either you take the profits or the dealer. They will mark it up.

SethPoeski

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have an EV (2022 Tesla Model 3), and I can tell you, we are likely getting rid of it in the next year or so. Range anxiety is an issue, and from what I understand, the lightning is actually worse (particularly if you plan to tow with it). You could flip that lightning for a considerable profit right now.. if you've never owned an EV, I'd say keep both for a bit and see which one you prefer, but my money would be on you offloading that lightning in 6-8 months and keeping the Bronco.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you buy both of them you will keep both of them. They are two totally different animals. The bronco is holding its value for now. Even with damage they have been getting over msrp. The Lightning is , well there are crazy people out there paying out the butt for them.

The Bronco keeps you smiling everytime its driven.
The Lightning is like driving a roller coaster, the damn thing is quick.
I agree, these are two totally different beasts! If I could afford it, I would get both, heck if for no reason other then that the Lighting will offset the mpg of the Bronco. I don't think that you will regret getting either one of them.
Sponsored