First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Big Bend soft-top 2.3 mid package that I ordered on February 3 showed up at the dealer today. Total surprise. Zero communication from Ford. Never knew I had a VIN, never knew I was scheduled, never knew it was built, or that it was shipping. Boom. Arrived.

To complicate matters, I had already gotten impatient and bought a Bronco off another lot, a little over sticker. Well, that problem has been solved. Traded that one on the ordered Bronco. Got enough out of the trade-in to wipe out the "overage," and now I have the Bronco I want. Drove the temporary Bronco for about 4 months for a profit. Amazing how this market works!

Plus I get more FordPass points, and I don't have to do the windshield recall!

No good pics yet -- I pick it up tomorrow.
Good for you, but this continues to be BS. So many people (myself included) reserved and ordered so long before you. My two year reservation anniversary is next week…no VIN in sight.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

they didn't know because they never checked.

My dealership tells me everything. They even tell me when a vehicle shows up that is not spoken for and if I know someone who may want it. Below is an example if anyone wants it.

1658941363067.png
That's great and I'm happy for you.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations!

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good for you, but this continues to be BS. So many people (myself included) reserved and ordered so long before you. My two year reservation anniversary is next week…no VIN in sight.
Just to be clear, when I decided I wanted a Bronco I ordered a 2-door Big Bend mid-package in July 2021, over a year ago. I converted to a 2022 order, and will probably be asked to convert to a 2023.

While waiting 6 months with no VIN assigned, I saw people ordering 4-door soft-tops and getting them in 3-4 months. So I placed another order with no parts constraints. It took just less than 6 months to deliver. So... I am no stranger to the waiting game either, and I agree it is a total mess. I wonder if my 2-door will ever be produced. I hope you see yours soon.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us who ordered "loaded" Broncos are in this situation!! Mine has everything bad except it's a 4 door rather than 2 door.
Like you, I ordered a 2nd Bronco that was basic - BD, 2.3, soft top, auto, MID. Ford built that one within 3 months of ordering and I was driving it 4 months after ordering.
My guess is that Ford can build 5 "plain" Broncos or 1 "loaded" Bronco, so they choose volume.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many of us who ordered "loaded" Broncos are in this situation!! Mine has everything bad except it's a 4 door rather than 2 door.
Like you, I ordered a 2nd Bronco that was basic - BD, 2.3, soft top, auto, MID. Ford built that one within 3 months of ordering and I was driving it 4 months after ordering.
My guess is that Ford can build 5 "plain" Broncos or 1 "loaded" Bronco, so they choose volume.
Agree, but the only actual difference between the Bronco I received in 6-months and the one I ordered over a year ago is 2-door vs. 4-door. They are otherwise identical. So 2-door appears to be a HUGE constraint.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree, but the only actual difference between the Bronco I received in 6-months and the one I ordered over a year ago is 2-door vs. 4-door. They are otherwise identical. So 2-door appears to be a HUGE constraint.
At least we both know that it's FORD that is screwing it up for us early orderers. It sounds like it's not dealer allocations or commodities either!

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Drove the temporary Bronco for about 4 months for a profit. Amazing how this market works!
First of all, Congrats!
Second of all, do you mind me asking how much you were offered over sticker for your trade in?

My second Bronco has been scheduled for production and I will be trading in my Black Diamond upon delivery. Trying to know what to expect on value.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you order your 4 door from the same dealer as your 2 door?

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you order your 4 door from the same dealer as your 2 door?
No -- I probably should have mentioned that. The 2-door was ordered from a larger dealer in Tampa. The 4-door from a smaller dealer in Clearwater. I don't know the specifics of their volume or allocations.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No -- I probably should have mentioned that. The 2-door was ordered from a larger dealer in Tampa. The 4-door from a smaller dealer in Clearwater. I don't know the specifics of their volume or allocations.
I did the same. My initial order/reservation is still pending and I'm at the end of a 200+ line at that dealership, so in February, I put in an order with a small dealer who indicated that they did not have all that many orders. That second order is now scheduled for 8/29 production.

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First of all, Congrats!
Second of all, do you mind me asking how much you were offered over sticker for your trade in?

My second Bronco has been scheduled for production and I will be trading in my Black Diamond upon delivery. Trying to know what to expect on value.
My Big Bend had 3,000 miles and I got about $3.5k over its new sticker price. It was enough to make me whole on my prior deal. I suppose I could have pushed harder, but I didn't feel like I had a ton of leverage given that they would have loved me for to just abandon my order. I also saved about $750 on price protection.

The dealership sill has $10-$15k markups on available units, so we will see what they list mine for.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Big Bend had 3,000 miles and I got about $3.5k over its new sticker price. It was enough to make me whole on my prior deal. I suppose I could have pushed harder, but I didn't feel like I had a ton of leverage given that they would have loved me for to just abandon my order. I also saved about $750 on price protection.

The dealership sill has $10-$15k markups on available units, so we will see what they list mine for.
Thanks for the info. Much appriciated. I paid MSRP for my ordered Black Diamond. Hoping to get at least what I paid to make the jump to Wild Trak and increase in APR hurt less.

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Much appriciated. I paid MSRP for my ordered Black Diamond. Hoping to get at least what I paid to make the jump to Wild Trak and increase in APR hurt less.
The APR increase is real -- over a point since my last loan. I'll refinance when times are better.
Sponsored