Sponsored

Surprisingly - it *is* possible to make (at least minor) changes after getting a VIN

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I thought I'd share this story from my buddy's build (this might be common knowledge...but I'm on here all the time and I didn't know this).

My friend has an order/reservation from 2/2021 for a loaded Badlands (exactly the same build as mine and he reserved/ordered two days after me...nothing yet for me so I'm a bit jealous of him).

He's always had red trucks/SUVs so he wanted his Bronco in hot pepper red. Fast forward - he gets the notification his has been scheduled for a build and only then realizes that his dealer messed up his order and had it in shadow black.

He called his dealer immediately and stayed on top of things. Anyway long story short his build (post VIN) got changed to hot pepper red.

I'm unsure if paint is something that you could change and it was just everything else that was locked in post VIN? Either way - that goes against all the prevailing wisdom I've seen on here so just thought I'd share his experience. Needless to say he's pretty damn happy.
Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that paint color doesn't really affect the build. It's going down the paint line regardless, it's just a question of which paint is sprayed. Everything else needs to be sourced.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that paint color doesn't really affect the build. It's going down the paint line regardless, it's just a question of which paint is sprayed. Everything else needs to be sourced.
That's sort of what I figured as well...but on here I've always read that once the VIN is generated that build is totally locked in.

So I figured I'd post this for people whose dealers ordered them the wrong color.

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I thought I'd share this story from my buddy's build (this might be common knowledge...but I'm on here all the time and I didn't know this).

My friend has an order/reservation from 2/2021 for a loaded Badlands (exactly the same build as mine and he reserved/ordered two days after me...nothing yet for me so I'm a bit jealous of him).

He's always had red trucks/SUVs so he wanted his Bronco in hot pepper red. Fast forward - he gets the notification his has been scheduled for a build and only then realizes that his dealer messed up his order and had it in shadow black.

He called his dealer immediately and stayed on top of things. Anyway long story short his build (post VIN) got changed to hot pepper red.

I'm unsure if paint is something that you could change and it was just everything else that was locked in post VIN? Either way - that goes against all the prevailing wisdom I've seen on here so just thought I'd share his experience. Needless to say he's pretty damn happy.
Once scheduled, you canā€™t change anything except the color and you only have 7 days from scheduling notification to do that. After that time, itā€™s locked up.

*not all scheduling notifications are sent immediately (see threads about email notifications from Ford) and not every dealer knows you have a very small window after being scheduled to change your color.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once scheduled, you canā€™t change anything except the color and you only have 7 days from scheduling notification to do that. After that time, itā€™s locked up.

*not all scheduling notifications are sent immediately (see threads about email notifications from Ford) and not every dealer knows you have a very small window after being scheduled to change your color.
Ah ok that makes sense and good to know! I had no idea. Thanks for the info!

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus LX600 F Sport, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think white or blue would blend in on ice mountain
Sponsored