Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like race red too. This is my car and the only one I have picked in 5 years. I had to give up my Rubicon when my son was born because the carseat wouldnt fit between the back and front seats very easily. Trying to put 2 other kids in there with it was nearly impossible. We noticed this when leaving the hospital 🤣
My husband worked at a dealership and I have had 4 vehicles since trading in the Jeep. Each was "we made a good deal on a trade and it's nicer than what you have" so I just ended up with whatever was a good deal. Anyway I'm picking this car and I like the Race Red but husband isn't into red cars at all. I may end up veto-ing him since I've been driving around old lady cars against my will for 5 years.
Amber, after nearly 43 years I know exactly what my wife would tell me. "My car, my color". ;) :)

BTW, I was confronted with the same saying approx. 10 years ago. My bride had been driving Crown Vics, and Grand Marque's because I wouldn't let her drive a small car. She was nearly killed in an accident driving a small one. But, she told me one day that she was tired of driving "Old lady cars", and that she wanted a Mustang. She's still driving a Mustang to this day. I told her she would probably be the only 90 year old woman driving a Mustang if she didn't change. Said she didn't care.:LOL:
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What would be truly sweet is if they would us the Calypso Coral they used in the sixties. I know other people have mentioned the Grabber colors and I agree some of them would help sell a couple thousand more Bronco's. If you have never seen Calypso Coral in real life, you are missing a fabulous color
You guys are killing me!!! 🤬 🤬

I can't fault your wife, because well... she obviously has good taste! But it is the man's job to sway the wife in another direction... like A51 or CO or something.

I will ask though, because there is something that bothers me about the OBX and maybe you have a good response for it. Do you like the painted fender flares? I've seen a few colors (I think maybe silver and white, and for some reason they just throw off the whole fender. I didn't care for the look at all. But that's why I'm asking you... you like the look? Not saying it to be a dick, just saying it doesn't work for me.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I might get mine wrapped in something SAND color.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No I am leaning VB or IS.
Excellent choices, you'll be very happy! 😁

@EvlNvrDys
the wife picked Race Red for our OBX.
That's one down (see 1st quote). Now let's see if we can convince your wife to jump ship.
Drawbacks to Race Red:
1. Looks horrible with winter salt on it.
2. Has a definite Orange tint to it.
3. Gets compliments all day long (Do you want your wife talking to strangers?)
4. Can be perceived as a vehicle that's prone to being seen by the Po-po. (knock on wood after that comment)
5. Requires extra maintenance (so they say).
6. It's my color of choice! Do you want to be held in the same category as myself? 🤷‍♂️

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are killing me!!! 🤬 🤬

I can't fault your wife, because well... she obviously has good taste! But it is the man's job to sway the wife in another direction... like A51 or CO or something.

I will ask though, because there is something that bothers me about the OBX and maybe you have a good response for it. Do you like the painted fender flares? I've seen a few colors (I think maybe silver and white, and for some reason they just throw off the whole fender. I didn't care for the look at all. But that's why I'm asking you... you like the look? Not saying it to be a dick, just saying it doesn't work for me.
No sir, I do not like painted fender flairs. Mine will take some abuse so they'll not be painted.

Sponsored

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cyber Orange ,4-door Badlands

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, don't listen to @emerald86 .. go A51 or something other than Race Red... there will be a TON of Race Red everywhere... horrible color choice... trust me!! 😁
As that guy, right there, blushes in a perfect shade of... Race Red. Probably black might be a more obscure color (because you'll probably never get it clean enough to say it is fully black).

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With everything said about cactus on this forum I guess I shouldn't be surprised but how on earth can anyone confuse those 2 colors?
PXL_20210117_143928075.jpg
Oh look! Race Red. That seems like a _____ color!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cactus gray gave up on me.
Cactus gray let me down.
Cactus gray ran around and deserted me
Cactus gray made me cry
Cactus gray said goodbye
Cactus gray told a lie and hurt me

We've known each other for so long
My heart's been aching, but I'm too shy to say it
Inside, we both know what's been going on
We know the game, and we're not gonna pay for Cactus Gray.

I'm so done with that BS color. I get it, Amurka and all that, tons of people want pseudo military colors with the horrendous finish and melted crayon effect, it gives all the mad street cred. At this point I would put down a crisp $5 bill that whatever green comes out for the MY22 Bronco will be some BS melted crayon style paint and it will be MASSIVELY popular as it's aimed at estrogen-rich males, permanently single telemarketers of both sexes and those who remember the malaise era of American automobiles with fondness, not aversion.
Cactus Gray has also done the same and more to me. I've decided to go completely the opposite direction to a color I never considered until last week. A color that, maybe I didn't feel like I packed enough testosterone for. A color that emanates power. A color that will never have a soy latte inside of either of its two cup holders. A color that will round house kick a Jeep right in the mouth. A color that will impregnate my wife the second she sees me pull into the driveway from a long day at work. That color is Race Red.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's one down (see 1st quote). Now let's see if we can convince your wife to jump ship.
Drawbacks to Race Red:
4. Can be perceived as a vehicle that's prone to being seen by the Po-po. (knock on wood after that comment)
6. It's my color of choice! Do you want to be held in the same category as myself? 🤷‍♂️
All true statements (coming from not only a paint guy but a consumer who has owned a LOT of vehicles, most colors).
1)most all will. But reds, and any dark color- for sure.
2) sort of. It's more of a "My eyes are bleeding because the sun came out" red.
3) yes, yes it does.
4) statistically speaking, it seems true. Although many "experts" in the field will deny it, it does seem true. Maybe even because the color is RACE red, it tends to make the "go pedal" a bit more enjoyable?
5) Honestly it does. The red vehicles I've had, I loved. They looked amazing when cleaned and waxed. Skimp on care and it will chalk up, haze, be some weird shade of purple, pink, red, and brown all rolled into one dull red Crayola of sadness. Definitely less work than Black (or AMBlack), but not by much.
6) I am SERIOUSLY on the fence after those pics dropped Friday of that red 2 dr at the dealer. I ordered A51 because I liked it in person at the TN show, it looked good with the lighter "silvery" (pre-prod) MIC top, and it would hide some dirt fairly well. But with the newer, smoother, darker MIC it goes REALLY well with Race red.
I am still undecided whether to call up the dealer and change from A51 to RR. Like literally 50/50 at this point on what I want to do...
I need some advice. :LOL:

EDIT:
Ordered a 4 DR BL, MGV. SO part of it (small part) is that the handle accents and stitching (not very noticeable, really) are Orange. It actually goes very well with A51. Good compliment. But with RR? Meh. The handle inserts (and aftermarket) are easily enough changed out.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Drawbacks to Race Red:
OK, let me see if I have a retort for your bullet points.
1. No problem, we live in the south
2. We have a Torch Red chebby, so she's used to that.
3. She's never met a stranger.
4. I'm a retired LEO. Got that covered.
5. Now I have to admit, this one does cause me quite a bit of consternation. I must mull this possibility over. :)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cactus Gray has also done the same and more to me. I've decided to go completely the opposite direction to a color I never considered until last week. A color that, maybe I didn't feel like I packed enough testosterone for. A color that emanates power. A color that will never have a soy latte inside of either of its two cup holders. A color that will round house kick a Jeep right in the mouth. A color that will impregnate my wife the second she sees me pull into the driveway from a long day at work. That color is Race Red.
RR totally sucks, abandon this plan. Everybody and their wife is going to have Race Red, just look at all the posts in this thread!

Okay, jokes aside, RR seems to be a dark horse color for the MY21 Bronco. Not many people are giving it much credit as it's one of the oldest colors in Ford's pallet and available on a lot of different vehicles. I'm very happy to have had Race Red as a back-up should Cactus Gray have turned out to be as ugly as it did. Race Red was always my back-up color since Lightning Blue isn't available to us plebes and our later orderings and cheaper vehicles.

The statistics aren't giving RR much love on the threads tracking orders here on the forums, however, there is no denying that the quantity of black trim found on Bronco really sets off the red nicely without turning it into a fire truck (sorry, RR on Rangers or F150's is a bit too much red, IMHO).

That you're in Washington State also makes your decision of Race Red a poor one, with all the overcast skies, rainy days and types of trails around here it's the worst decision you could have made. Sorry to be blunt.

I even heard that @Used2jeep is getting Race Red. Need I say more? Do you want to be lumped in with that type of person?
Sponsored