Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All true statements (coming from not only a paint guy but a consumer who has owned a LOT of vehicles, most colors).
1)most all will. But reds, and any dark color- for sure.
2) sort of. It's more of a "My eyes are bleeding because the sun came out" red.
3) yes, yes it does.
4) statistically speaking, it seems true. Although many "experts" in the field will deny it, it does seem true. Maybe even because the color is RACE red, it tends to make the "go pedal" a bit more enjoyable?
5) Honestly it does. The red vehicles I've had, I loved. They looked amazing when cleaned and waxed. Skimp on care and it will chalk up, haze, be some weird shade of purple, pink, red, and brown all rolled into one dull red Crayola of sadness. Definitely less work than Black (or AMBlack), but not by much.
6) I am SERIOUSLY on the fence after those pics dropped Friday of that red 2 dr at the dealer. I ordered A51 because I liked it in person at the TN show, it looked good with the lighter "silvery" (pre-prod) MIC top, and it would hide some dirt fairly well. But with the newer, smoother, darker MIC it goes REALLY well with Race red.
I am still undecided whether to call up the dealer and change from A51 to RR. Like literally 50/50 at this point on what I want to do...
I need some advice. :LOL:

EDIT:
Ordered a 4 DR BL, MGV. SO part of it (small part) is that the handle accents and stitching (not very noticeable, really) are Orange. It actually goes very well with A51. Good compliment. But with RR? Meh. The handle inserts (and aftermarket) are easily enough changed out.
Oh crap Dave, you had me scared there for a minute. Yeah, your right, you don't want Race Red. Truly, no one but myself can live with being just like Greg. @EvlNvrDys
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus Gray has also done the same and more to me. I've decided to go completely the opposite direction to a color I never considered until last week. A color that, maybe I didn't feel like I packed enough testosterone for. A color that emanates power. A color that will never have a soy latte inside of either of its two cup holders. A color that will round house kick a Jeep right in the mouth. A color that will impregnate my wife the second she sees me pull into the driveway from a long day at work. That color is Race Red.
SO, you getting a four-door or a minivan, or just keeping the Bronco out of the driveway? ;)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
RR totally sucks, abandon this plan. Everybody and their wife is going to have Race Red, just look at all the posts in this thread!

Okay, jokes aside, RR seems to be a dark horse color for the MY21 Bronco. Not many people are giving it much credit as it's one of the oldest colors in Ford's pallet and available on a lot of different vehicles. I'm very happy to have had Race Red as a back-up should Cactus Gray have turned out to be as ugly as it did. Race Red was always my back-up color since Lightning Blue isn't available to us plebes and our later orderings and cheaper vehicles.

The statistics aren't giving RR much love on the threads tracking orders here on the forums, however, there is no denying that the quantity of black trim found on Bronco really sets off the red nicely without turning it into a fire truck (sorry, RR on Rangers or F150's is a bit too much red, IMHO).

That you're in Washington State also makes your decision of Race Red a poor one, with all the overcast skies, rainy days and types of trails around here it's the worst decision you could have made. Sorry to be blunt.

I even heard that @Used2jeep is getting Race Red. Need I say more? Do you want to be lumped in with that type of person?
So bummed Race Red isn't available on the base. I'm not sold on Rapid Red, hoping it looks better in person. If only Ford had saved the metallic red for the upscale versions.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So bummed Race Red isn't available on the base. I'm not sold on Rapid Red, hoping it looks better in person. If only Ford had saved the metallic red for the upscale versions.
Rapid Red should be readily available at any dealership in the country. Swing by a dealership and if there is something red on the lot which isn't cherry red, it's almost guaranteed to be Rapid Red. Usually it will look more of a burgundy color than a deep metallic red.

I like the color in the sun, but it doesn't do enough for me in overcast skies (which is ~300 days a year over here). As always, YYMV.

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2. most popular colors on the forums are Area 51 followed bye cactus gray surprisingly cyber Orange is not that popular cause it looks more yellow than orange it’s been compared to school bus yellow . I myself am getting cactus gray
I am going with the cyber orange, specifically because I had a 2006 super duty Amarillo edition and it was the best shade of yellow ever, I miss that truck and that color, so if this school bus yellow ish....I can hang with that. Not alot of people are going with cyber orange.......so........yeah. don't run with the heard, run with me!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RR totally sucks, abandon this plan. Everybody and their wife is going to have Race Red, just look at all the posts in this thread!

Okay, jokes aside, RR seems to be a dark horse color for the MY21 Bronco. Not many people are giving it much credit as it's one of the oldest colors in Ford's pallet and available on a lot of different vehicles. I'm very happy to have had Race Red as a back-up should Cactus Gray have turned out to be as ugly as it did. Race Red was always my back-up color since Lightning Blue isn't available to us plebes and our later orderings and cheaper vehicles.

The statistics aren't giving RR much love on the threads tracking orders here on the forums, however, there is no denying that the quantity of black trim found on Bronco really sets off the red nicely without turning it into a fire truck (sorry, RR on Rangers or F150's is a bit too much red, IMHO).

That you're in Washington State also makes your decision of Race Red a poor one, with all the overcast skies, rainy days and types of trails around here it's the worst decision you could have made. Sorry to be blunt.

I even heard that @Used2jeep is getting Race Red. Need I say more? Do you want to be lumped in with that type of person?
You can be concretely certain that my possible color palette is broadening again. In fact it is growing Rapidly. One might say that it could be a Race that is almost Cyber-like in its Velocity.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can be concretely certain that my possible color palette is broadening again. In fact it is growing Rapidly. One might say that it could be a Race that is almost Cyber-like in its Velocity.
Iconic Silver? lame.

FWIW: saw a 2021 Ranger in Velocity Blue this morning and it looked better than anticipated. Tried to get the GF to drive over there to take a pic with her Lightning Blue '19 Ranger next to it but she's working from home and, you know, getting dressed and all that.....

Still not as good as Lightning Blue, but that's a wonderful factory color rarely matched in the past 10-15 years by Ford.

Edit: Updated with some VB pics from the Ranger forum. This isn't the Ranger I saw, and the "sport" appearance package with gray bumpers and fender lip isn't helping the VB much....

Ford Bronco Survey-What color are you going with? 2021Ranger3

Ford Bronco Survey-What color are you going with? 2021Ranger

Last edited:

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha! The gloom of western Washington is exactly why I want a loud color. I considered cyber orange for a while but I think it’s too much on the 4 door. I definitely don’t want to be lumped in with the undesirables....

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iconic Silver? lame.

FWIW: saw a 2021 Ranger in Velocity Blue this morning and it looked better than anticipated. Tried to get the GF to drive over there to take a pic with her Lightning Blue '19 Ranger next to it but she's working from home and, you know, getting dressed and all that.....

Still not as good as Lightning Blue, but that's a wonderful factory color rarely matched in the past 10-15 years by Ford.

Edit: Updated with some VB pics from the Ranger forum. This isn't the Ranger I saw, and the "sport" appearance package with gray bumpers and fender lip isn't helping the VB much....

I absolutely love the VB and it’s a top choice for me. My current 2011 ranger is Vista Blue Metallic and I love blue, just wasn’t sure if I wanted multiple blues.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back in 2010 I bought a 95 Dakota against Hubby's wishes, because I was sick of all the bullshit games revolving around my use of the half dozen POS vehicles on the property that he treated like they were his to "dole out" when and if he didn't need them. The kids named the Dakota "Spitey Truck" because they figured out that it was in fact a "spite" truck (and I guess they figured Dad would just think they were calling it "Spidey"). Their daddy kept griping to them behind my back about how stupid I was for buying it, but the kids loved how Mom was always available at a moment's notice for emergency runs to Dairy Queen. 😁

Bronco will be spite truck #2. 🤣
That is an even longer, more complicated story of which bits and pieces have been scattered throughout this forum. 🤣🤣

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Point. I also worry that the cool factor will go away with that color and A51 though
They will be looked back on as the super trend colors for sure like Aqua in 60's or maybe the tan browns in the 70s.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back in 2010 I bought a 95 Dakota against Hubby's wishes, because I was sick of all the bullshit games revolving around my use of the half dozen POS vehicles on the property that he treated like they were his to "dole out" when and if he didn't need them. The kids named the Dakota "Spitey Truck" because they figured out that it was in fact a "spite" truck (and I guess they figured Dad would just think they were calling it "Spidey"). Their daddy kept griping to them behind my back about how stupid I was for buying it, but the kids loved how Mom was always available at a moment's notice for emergency runs to Dairy Queen. 😁

Bronco will be spite truck #2. 🤣
That is an even longer, more complicated story of which bits and pieces have been scattered throughout this forum. 🤣🤣
Hey spite is as good a reason as any. :)

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I converted my reservation to an order and selected Carbonized Gray Metallic. After visiting two Ford dealerships yesterday I'm re-thinking that color choice since it's too dark in my opinion. I really want to like Iconic Silver (originally my 1st choice) but I think it is too light. It looked good on the 21 F150 but not the Bronco Sport. They almost looked like two different Iconic Silvers. I saw Area 51 in person and I liked it and it looks great clean or dirty in all the pictures and videos. My wife also liked it on the lot. When we were driving home we saw another Bronco Sport in Area 51 and she changed her mind and said she really didn't like it in motion. Then we pull into our neighborhood and there was an Amazon Prime delivery truck and we both agreed it looked like Area 51 (slightly darker gray and maybe more blue). So now it's either Area 51 (son and mother in laws choice and possibly my new 1st choice) Race Red (I use to own a '77 Bronco in Race Red with white top, white grill and white fender flares), Velocity Blue (daughters choice) or still Iconic Silver (wifes choice).
Sponsored

Last edited: