Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,

Is it safe to think that the suspension is the same on the Base, BB, BD, and OBX? I think BL is a little different.

Is it safe to think I could put BL size tires and wheels on an OBX to change the look and height?
Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,

Is it safe to think that the suspension is the same on the Base, BB, BD, and OBX? I think BL is a little different.

Is it safe to think I could put BL size tires and wheels on an OBX to change the look and height?
someone correct me if im wrong but i think all suspensions (other than BL, Wildtrak and FE) are the same. I thought the BL gets the sasquatch package lift. Yeah you could almost certainly put the BL wheels and tires on any other trim level, they have 33 inch tires and i can't imagine those not fitting

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

Given the supply chain problems, it makes sense to me that there are only TWO suspension options. Standard and Sasquatch. BL gets the Sasquatch suspension lift as standard. Hence, the discounted rate to get the full Sasquatch package.

Sasquatch gets a bump stop installed to accommodate 35" tires. So to address your question of fitting 33" on other models without an additional lift... maybe. I'd wait for real data rather than speculate on that.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the wheel wells on the bronco also look very accommodating for oversized tires. im sure they factored this into their design to give jeep another run for their money for the aftermarket crowd. i plan on putting 35's on mine, just hoping theres lifts available by the time we all get ours delivered

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would the trims with the steel bumpers not get a stiffer spring? Or any Broncos ordered with the steel bumper option?

Edit: Now that I think of it, I can't imagine 100 lbs on each front and rear would warrant a different spec.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would the trims with the steel bumpers not get a stiffer spring? Or any Broncos ordered with the steel bumper option?

Edit: Now that I think of it, I can't imagine 100 lbs on each front and rear would warrant a different spec.
They probably weigh the same, or about the same. The original bumper should be steel underneath(pretty basic and ugly) , covered (usually) by layer foam then plastic cover.

same thing different package. Both have to pass crash ratings

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
Just know that much of what we know is based on what different Ford reps have said at various events, and most have contradicted each other. Until we get someone to actually take a good look underneath all three models, we really don't. I've yet to see these bumpstops on any pictures of the rolling chassis, rolling frame, or random suspension shots of completed vehicles. Possibly they are shaft mounted bumpstops, but would love to actually see a picture of them.

It makes sense to be three different suspension setups that share some of the same components. Would really be nice to know what is the same and what is different. I wonder about upper and lower control arms more than the actual coilovers and differences in spring rate and length.

Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
Just know that much of what we know is based on what different Ford reps have said at various events, and most have contradicted each other. Until we get someone to actually take a good look underneath all three models, we really don't. I've yet to see these bumpstops on any pictures of the rolling chassis, rolling frame, or random suspension shots of completed vehicles. Possibly they are shaft mounted bumpstops, but would love to actually see a picture of them.

It makes sense to be three different suspension setups that share some of the same components. Would really be nice to know what is the same and what is different. I wonder about upper and lower control arms more than the actual coilovers and differences in spring rate and length.
Looking at the link provided above what stands out is this - Suspension travel front/rear (millimeters) 200/215 (Base) 240/261 (Badlands).

I don't know how Ford accomplishes the extra suspension travel be it via control arms, extended travel shocks, or the combination. Whatever method it's accomplished Base + Squatch keeps looking better and better.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please use search
I'm going to start using your argument on people that walk up to a group of us talking . "We talked about that a few minutes ago , please don't make us repeat ourselves. Please go use Google ."

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to start using your argument on people that walk up to a group of us talking . "We talked about that a few minutes ago , please don't make us repeat ourselves. Please go use Google ."
Seriously. Everything has been discussed. Maybe we should lock the board and just let people search everything...never understood a tool telling people to search on a message board without offering any insight. Why did they click on the thread?...and in this case intentionally pollute it?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seriously. Everything has been discussed. Maybe we should lock the board and just let people search everything...never understood a tool telling people to search on a message board without offering any insight. Why did they click on the thread?...and in this case intentionally pollute it?
A message board is also for information, Suspension Height Difference and Tires are the number one discussed topics on Bronco6g. A simple search with any keyword will turn up dozens upon dozens of threads on the subjects. That information then informs and educates the member to ask any follow on questions, like rear end gearing. But instead, users complain that no answer was given, but don't bother giving the answer themselves ?‍♂ :unsure:

Keyword Search:
Suspension Height Difference
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/384362/?q=Suspension+Height+Difference&o=date
Then answer @mlcinema, sure change to 33" tires like Badlands, your OBX fender flares are fine, go with 35" tires and then you need wider Sasquatch style fender flares and a lift.

Then you all set to drive, oh wait, mpg, acceleration, holding you back, learn about rear end gearing and why the factory matches it to tire size.

When a user wants to learn more about rear end gearing:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/384463/?q=rear+end+gearing&o=date

When a user want to learn about the .6 inch Sasquatch height difference and how the details are calculated:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/384372/?q=Sasquatch+.6&o=date

Ford Bronco Suspension & Height Difference 1604085479366

Ford Bronco Suspension & Height Difference 1604085508186

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A message board is also for information, Suspension Height Difference and Tires are the number one discussed topics on Bronco6g. A simple search with any keyword will turn up dozens upon dozens of threads on the subjects. That information then informs and educates the member to ask any follow on questions, like rear end gearing. But instead, users complain that no answer was given, but don't bother giving the answer themselves ?‍♂ :unsure:

Keyword Search:
Suspension Height Difference
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/384362/?q=Suspension+Height+Difference&o=date

Then answer @mlcinema, sure change to 33" tires like Badlands, your OBX fender flares are fine, go with 35" tires and then you need wider Sasquatch style fender flares and a lift.

Then you all set to drive, oh wait, mpg, acceleration, holding you back, learn about rear end gearing and why the factory matches it to tire size.

When a user wants to learn more about rear end gearing:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/384463/?q=rear+end+gearing&o=date

When a user want to learn about the .6 inch Sasquatch height difference and how the details are calculated:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/384372/?q=Sasquatch+.6&o=date

1604085479366.png

1604085508186.png
Thank you. Ya, I never understand why I have to search. I do search, too much info and they never just give the answer I’m looking for. Just easier to post. If nobody wants to look because it’s the same question, don’t look. Easy.
Thank you again.
Sponsored