Sponsored

Suspension lift and factory warranty - will it void it if....

Peter561

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Folks,

So we are all getting closer to B&P and hopefully someday soon we will get to price our Dream vehicles.

So after speaking to a few sales guys at various dealerships, we have gathered that the dealerships will most likely not have any lift kits available at the time of Delivery.

So, Here is the Question:

Will It void the Warranty if I have a 4" lift Kit installed at 4Wheel Parts? again, I ask since, more than likely a 4 " ( my wife wants a 6" lift kit...lol) won't exist at time of delivery.... so dealer installed, covered under factory warranty won;t be an option...
( I know their workmanship carries its own warranty, had my Jeep done there many years ago)

Before you say Sasquatch - 1.5 to 2" is not a lift... its a starting point/joke... and if you want to run larger than 35" tires, then that won't work... let's be honest, unless it is a pavement princess, it really won't work...

( don't crucify me, just need an opinion on the warranty)
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We'll have to see, but 4" sounds pretty aggressive. This is IFS not SFA so its not as straight forward to get a bigger lift. I'm willing to bet the cv axles wont be covered because of the additional angle you would be putting on them. They could also not cover other parts in the front end that are affected as a result of the lift. Other than that I can't see them denying a warranty claim that would be from a system that was not affected by your lift.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Short answer, yes. An aftermarket lift can void your warranty in several areas. Suspension, axles & CV's, drive shaft and u-joints, etc. Basically anything associated with the modification. It would not give you an across the board void everything. If Ford can link an issue to the lift it will not be covered.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be a very smart play to wait and see. See how the Bronco drives and handle stock. See what the aftermarket offerings look like. See some real world testing with the aftermarket parts. It's not like the old days of lift blocks and longer U-bolts. In the Raptor world people initially wanted the 4-6" "lift kit". Once they realized what it did to the factory suspension very few that actually off-road went for it. The factory cross member had to be cut out and several other changes that basically ruined the Raptor suspension and made it not possible to return it to stock. Know what you are getting into before you jump on the "lift" bandwagon.

OP
OP
Peter561

Peter561

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model