First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the defender 90 (with coil springs, IFS), shorter wheelbase than the 4dr, virtually the same power has a tow capacity (in the US) of 8200#, turbo motor

i think it's ford being super conservative

i really want the bronco to be the vehicle that LR failed to build.
LR does not sell a fleet of trucks.....no way Ford was giving the Bronco much towing capability. Match the wrangler is about what I expected. I would never dream of towing a camper with a small off road suv either.
Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are your thoughts about adding suspension air bags to the rear for a little more towing capacity. Not a lot of camper options for under 3500#
Thanks
Ford is equipping the Broncos with a class II hitch. The rating for that is 3500#, which is why both the 2.3L and 2.7L engines have the same towing capacity.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Air bags or sumo springs can definitely make a tow vehicle much more stable, as others have said they don't change the manufacturers official tow ratings.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
There was an airbag kit for the ranger back in the 90's or early 2000's that increased what it could carry. The kit Kept the springs and added helper airbags. The Ranger it was on had a flat bed and was being used on a farm. The guy who had it said it worked really well and the kit was from Ford performance and kept the factory warranty for the truck.

So I guess it has been done.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was an airbag kit for the ranger back in the 90's or early 2000's that increased what it could carry. The kit Kept the springs and added helper airbags. The Ranger it was on had a flat bed and was being used on a farm. The guy who had it said it worked really well and the kit was from Ford performance and kept the factory warranty for the truck.

So I guess it has been done.
Dont see how with the rear coilovers.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a pair on my F150 with wdh to keep them just off the helper springs on 1350 tongue weight. Solely stability and not for additional capacity

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Leveling the load does shift weight off the tonge of the hitch and back to the trailer. This will make it safer as well. Legally Iā€™m not sure but safer to drive. Hell yeah. Wonā€™t stress the rear drive axle tires as much either. I know the reality of the Bronco being made for off-road use kills towing so unfortunately canā€™t have it all in one package
Sponsored