Sponsored

Suspension Upgrade Question - Black Diamond - Non Sas/Adding Sas Chock and Coils

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a '22 2-door Black Diamond non-Sas. with standard 32's. I want to upgrade to 35's and someone local has factory Sas shocks and coils for sale with 125 miles used on a 4-door Sas. Question.

1. - Are these compatible to be added to my non-Sas Black Diamond from 4-door to 2-door?
2. - About how much lift would they add?
3. - How much should I expect to pay to get them installed?

thank you, J
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a '22 2-door Black Diamond non-Sas. with standard 32's. I want to upgrade to 35's and someone local has factory Sas shocks and coils for sale with 125 miles used on a 4-door Sas. Question.

1. - Are these compatible to be added to my non-Sas Black Diamond from 4-door to 2-door?
2. - About how much lift would they add?
3. - How much should I expect to pay to get them installed?

thank you, J
2 door and 4 door have different parts. Here’s more information than you could ever want.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

Also this was posted in the raptor section by mistake.

OP
OP
Jonny way

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Thanks for the reply/info...On the link you provided has all the various shocks for the various Bronco types; but if I go and buy a third-party version they are more generic; not tuned by 2/4 door. While these springs are different from a 4-door to a 2-door from Ford I'm guessing that is just Ford calibrating for the best ride/weight ratio. If I can get the 4-door version (MB3Z-5310-K) for a good deal would they still fit for a 2-door vehicle? And would we have any issue? Or perhaps I could just by the separate 2-door version spings?

The weight difference is not that much.
  • 2-door
  • 4319-4977 lbs (2.3L EcoBoost engine)
  • 4491-5129 lbs (2.7L EcoBoost engine)
  • 4-door
  • 4499-5226 lbs (2.3L EcoBoost engine)
  • 4661-5320 lbs (2.7L EcoBoost engine)

Last edited:

scubasteve

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have a 4-door black diamond and added take off Badlands non-sas coil overs last month. To summarize, the only major difference between 2-door/4-door or trim levels is the springs themselves. The basic advice is look up the weights of your vehicle, doors, transmission, engine and trim and the weights of the take off vehicle. You can find the front/rear split and use that as a guide to find the most similar take offs for your vehicle.

I have a 4-door, 2.3l, auto black diamond and i added springs from a 4-door 2.3L, manual badlands. The difference in weight is about 50lbs up front and about 100 in the back so really not much in the grand scheme of things. They were a straight swap with existing coil overs that my brother and i tackled on a Saturday.

You're probably fine either way, but some stiffer springs from a 4-door might feel a bit bouncy or leave a less than desirable rake in the vehicle. Hope this helps.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’ll get more lift than the 4 dr had, but it should be fine. It’s an easy swap you can do yourself. Just need to get an alignment afterward. I wouldn’t pay much for labor. 2 hours tops, plus the cost of alignment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe the lift is around 1” higher but don’t quote me. I had Eibach coilovers installed on my BD 4 door with 35s for $900 so I would expect around that price ish

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the lift is around 1” higher but don’t quote me. I had Eibach coilovers installed on my BD 4 door with 35s for $900 so I would expect around that price ish
How did you like the Eibachs?

Did you reduce so much of the “nosedive”?

Seriously considering those.

TIA

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like them. I drive my bronco like I stole it most of the time so I notice less nosediving during braking. They’re nice and easily adjustable which is great.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like them. I drive my bronco like I stole it most of the time so I notice less nosediving during braking. They’re nice and easily adjustable which is great.
do you need to update the upper and or lower control arms and links? I seem all the SAS take off kits coming with the links and uppers + coils

I also have a BD and ideally want a better on road ride

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
do you need to update the upper and or lower control arms and links? I seem all the SAS take off kits coming with the links and uppers + coils

I also have a BD and ideally want a better on road ride
They suggest UCA with a 3” lift or more. These are adjustable so you could not lift it 3” and avoid the cost but I wanted more articulation and better quality UCA. I did do the fabtech rear lowers and also a core 4x4 track bar.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They suggest UCA with a 3” lift or more. These are adjustable so you could not lift it 3” and avoid the cost but I wanted more articulation and better quality UCA. I did do the fabtech rear lowers and also a core 4x4 track bar.
Forgive me, I know very little about all the pieces of suspension - what is the advantage to upgrading from stock lower arms and the track bar? Is there any downside to it?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgive me, I know very little about all the pieces of suspension - what is the advantage to upgrading from stock lower arms and the track bar? Is there any downside to it?
Beefier parts that are less likely to break.
Sponsored