Sponsored

SVC Baja Bumper with hidden winch (2.3L)

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a custom install that the amazing folks at @SVCOFFROAD helped me put together. SVC OFFROAD IS THE BOMB.

If you are interested in doing the same, please raise your hand in this thread. SVC would be keen to know if there are enough folks to warrant some modifications to their standard Baja bumper. Which looks dope btw.

Here is my setup:
Biggest caveat: this will only work for the 2.3L cause there is room to install the winch underneath the air cooler. The 2.7L has a transmission cooler that is in the way. I am sure that enterprising folks will move that at some point down the road. But really, it's 2022 and if you ain't driving stick you shoulda bought an electric car.

I haven't had a chance to pull the winch line through the fairlead yet.

Ford Bronco SVC Baja Bumper with hidden winch (2.3L) IMG_1707

Ford Bronco SVC Baja Bumper with hidden winch (2.3L) IMG_1703

Ford Bronco SVC Baja Bumper with hidden winch (2.3L) IMG_1705
Sponsored

Last edited:

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That fairlead kind of messes up the skid plate

OP
OP
das

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That fairlead kind of messes up the skid plate
This is the one that came from Warn with the winch. I took pics that really highlight it so everyone could see.

It is definitely pointy-er than others. I kinda like the bite of it and I left it on for now. But it could be easily switched to something more flush. There will always be some trade-off to get the winch hidden away.

One thing that is worth consideration is that because the winch is lower (than out on front of the bumper), the fairlead is going to handle a greater degree of flex in the winch line. I think I might leave the winch line behind the skid plate until I need to use it and then connect the hook to keep the look more streamlined.

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2Dr Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
@das I stumbled across this and I had the same thought. I was wondering if it was possible to mount the fairlead higher up on the skid plate, maybe just under the bottom cross bar? Do you have any more images of the lead and the space between the skid plate and the coolers?

FotoBroncoDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got this same bumper - was wondering if this was possible! Test it out and keep us posted(y)

OP
OP
das

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In order to do the winch like I did you will need a support plate for the winch. I got mine from Rough Country. Then you would need to modify the tubes that mount the bumper to the frame. SVC helped me do this, but you would be on your own. Lastly, you likely cannot run the lead out higher on the skid plate. No room to mount the winch any farther north.
Sponsored