williamset

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a big bend that came with the stock 255/75/17's tires. I did a 2" level and upgraded to Yokohama Geolandar X-AT's in 35x12.50r17 with aftermarket wheels. I live in Ohio and am wondering if the 35's are going to do okay in the snow? Or, would I benefit from putting the stock wheels/tires on for snow use?

My question is about safety, not protecting the aftermarket wheels.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a big bend that came with the stock 255/75/17's tires. I did a 2" level and upgraded to Yokohama Geolandar X-AT's in 35x12.50r17 with aftermarket wheels. I live in Ohio and am wondering if the 35's are going to do okay in the snow? Or, would I benefit from putting the stock wheels/tires on for snow use?

Those tires are 3PMSF rated (snow flake rated) and will do fine in the snow as long as you don't drive crazy, but that goes for any tire.

OP
OP

williamset

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the response. I believe the Yoko's are M+S rated, but not snowflake rated. The Bridgestone Duelers that came stock are also M+S and not snowflake rated. Was wondering if the Yoko's would so much worse than the pizza cutter Bridgestone's that it would make sense to swap.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I would run the Yoko's. It is possible traction could be similar or possibly slightly better with the OEM tires in light snow but you're most likely better off in the deep stuff with the A/T unless they are sub par.

However I'm basing this off of analysis of the tire specs and general experience with tires... I've never had these. Could always swap them out later if you determine they suck.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would like to see those wheels on your BB if you don't mind sharing.

Last year here in Columbus I did fine in the stock BB tires.