First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I run 285/65/20 KO2s on my 150 at 40psi for street use, they ride great. They replaced 275/60/20 KO2 that rode so-so. Over all they are a good tire.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was told to ask the tire guys to keep bringing out KO2's from the back till they can get it to balance with less than .5-1 OZ of weights.... not sure if that qualifies in this discussion.
Damn, that's picky! I have balanced many motorcycle tires, and they often need 1 oz. or more of weight.
Asking for that level of perfection in a freaking off-road truck tire? Ridiculousā€¦

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve often requested 4oz or less for balance and have even requested to watch the balance process when I buy new tires.
With ā€match mountingā€ and the use of todays road force balancing, 4oz on good off-road type tires, is quite possible, but Iā€™d never expect 1oz or less.
People seldom do what you ā€œexpectā€œ, but will more often than not do what you ā€œinspectā€.
I have a set of 5 35/10.50 17 Kenda Klever RTs
Ford Bronco Swapped Goodyears for KO2s - noticeably worse ride quality ECF80AA0-92F4-4E38-AF13-2C819A3777AD
on steelies that balanced out what I consider perfectlyā€¦ā€¦.each with under 4ozs.
I must add that there are times that they canā€™t get tires to balance with under 4ozs of weights. In these cases I ask them to use a different tire. My local Discount Tire will fulfill my requestsā€¦ā€¦great to work with and they typically have the expertise to do a good job.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Goodyear tread pattern scared me for interstate heavy rain driving. They reminded me too much of mud tires. Maybe that was an overreaction on my end. I didnā€™t choose the tires on the vehicles - I didnā€™t configure it.
i also has the gravel issues that mudflaps didnā€™t solve totally and Iā€™ve had good luck with ko2s in the past. At 33 psi they feel pretty good tbh.

why did op switch to ko2s if they came with the car

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have factory 33" KO2's on my badlands and i love them...

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goodyear tread pattern scared me for interstate heavy rain driving. They reminded me too much of mud tires. Maybe that was an overreaction on my end. I didnā€™t choose the tires on the vehicles - I didnā€™t configure it.
i also has the gravel issues that mudflaps didnā€™t solve totally and Iā€™ve had good luck with ko2s in the past. At 33 psi they feel pretty good tbh.
still not making sense

the car came with ko2s

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

still not making sense

the car came with ko2s
Don't know if it still applies, but you could opt for Goodyear 33" if you got the alternate wheels around the time I ordered.

Ford Bronco Swapped Goodyears for KO2s - noticeably worse ride quality 1658685253218

Sponsored
OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vehicle came with the Goodyears from the factory.
Ford Bronco Swapped Goodyears for KO2s - noticeably worse ride quality C9CEFC46-E33E-41EA-AC8D-F741AB60A2B8

Don't know if it still applies, but you could opt for Goodyear 33" if you got the alternate wheels around the time I ordered.

1658685253218.png

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fathom

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen II Ford Raptor, '22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big KO2 fan here. (also old fella) During the 45-mile initial drive home after picking my Bronco up at the dealership I heard 2 things, the constant wind noise and ZZzzzz....ZZzzzz sound of the Goodyears (the ride was also jarring). I was wondering why anyone would complain about the factory stereo as you certainly couldn't judge it with all the ambient noise! Had the Goodyears replaced by the time there was 60 miles on the odometer and what a difference in sound level (yeah still working on the wind thing). I have the Hoss 3 system on my Bronco so maybe that is why I feel like the suspension tire combo is perfect. Haven't gotten around to the chalk test as yet but I will. I ran the tire pressure at 29 psi on my Jeep JK after the test and got a very even wear pattern. The Bronco's tires are running at 35-36 psi which might be even a little too high but weigh tire wear against gas mileage. The KO2 is still a good tire.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M
Big KO2 fan here. (also old fella) During the 45-mile initial drive home after picking my Bronco up at the dealership I heard 2 things, the constant wind noise and ZZzzzz....ZZzzzz sound of the Goodyears (the ride was also jarring). I was wondering why anyone would complain about the factory stereo as you certainly couldn't judge it with all the ambient noise! Had the Goodyears replaced by the time there was 60 miles on the odometer and what a difference in sound level (yeah still working on the wind thing). I have the Hoss 3 system on my Bronco so maybe that is why I feel like the suspension tire combo is perfect. Haven't gotten around to the chalk test as yet but I will. I ran the tire pressure at 29 psi on my Jeep JK after the test and got a very even wear pattern. The Bronco's tires are running at 35-36 psi which might be even a little too high but weigh tire wear against gas mileage. The KO2 is still a good tire.
Mine came with KO2s with my optional badlands wheels and when I took delivery the cold PSI was 41-42 psi. I dropped it to 37 and it smoothed the ride out a good bit and wear seems to be fine. I really think the KO2's are nice. It's the first time I've had them on any vehicle and if they wear fine I'll replace them with the same tires or go 35" and add sasquatch flares

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

33 PSI definitely improved the ride quality - Not to the level of the Goodyears but I donā€™t think I would have posted about it if they were set at 33 initially

thanks everyone.
At 40 PSI I felt everything with my K02's. Dropping to 34 made a huge difference and I didnt really notice much change in gas mileage.
I do agree with you the ride is quite firm at higher PSI's with these tires.
Sponsored