Sponsored

Swapping Coyote V8 into my Bronco. Will front and rear diff need to be rebuilt?

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I say go for it please post pics too. 👍
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im putting a gt 350 5.2L V8 engine with a flat-plane crank that produces 526 hp and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. in my bandlands bronco with 7 speed manual trans.The trans is going to monster transmisson for rebuild. the question is will the front and rear diff need to be rebuilt..Or will it handle the power..
Don't ask us, buddy up with with your tranny shop. They are the college you are now attending. If they are taking the rebuild, they must think it can handle it. While I bordered on harraskment, my dealer's sales mgr., though overworked, loved it that I was on him day and night. Ok, I wasn't that bad, but he appreciated that I had strange knowledge I shouldn't really (thanks to the forum) and that I showed enthusiasm that none of the other buyers did.

If your tranny shop loves what they do, they will dig you wanting to know as much as you can. We are all grasshoppers at one point or another. And then we turn into beautiful butterflies, oh wait, that''s caterpillers. Ok smarter grasshoppers, then.

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an owner of a GT350 I would like to add that it would be a terrible motor for an off road vehicle. This engine develops power and torque at high revs. This motor was developed for a racetrack where you never get below 4000 RPM. You would be better off with a Coyote that develops torque at lower RPMs. My .02

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an owner of a GT350 I would like to add that it would be a terrible motor for an off road vehicle. This engine develops power and torque at high revs. This motor was developed for a racetrack where you never get below 4000 RPM. You would be better off with a Coyote that develops torque at lower RPMs. My .02
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
lmao! Gen z'ers are like "whats a spicoli?"
This is a propper "spicoli" something I used to replicate every day in high school.

Maybe he is gonna get 5.13 gears and go desert running in it. Especially with the ultra low 7 speed. Sounds like high rpms to me.

Sponsored

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a propper "spicoli" something I used to replicate every day in high school.

Maybe he is gonna get 5.13 gears and go desert running in it. Especially with the ultra low 7 speed. Sounds like high rpms to me.
We’ll then he probably should’ve bought a Wildtrak!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ditto, except I had a 1972 Malibu...in 1994. I could fit 10 people in that car, with the front and back bench seats. Sleep, etc, on the seats without issue. Good times for sure.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably true, but it's not like he's going out to buy a new crate engine and put it in a Bronco. This is a project of opportunity. @r21free got the opportunity to get a very good deal on a motor out of a wrecked car, that he thinks will be worth trying to swap into a Bronco.

I'm skeptical about whether he can pull it off, or whether the results will be particularly good, but I am very interested in seeing, if he succeeds at it, what the result turns out to be.

I think that more likely than not, if the result is a Bronco that will run at all, it will probably be inferior to what it was before he started messing with it. But maybe he'll manage to build something that's even better, and in any event, if it runs at all, it will be something very unique.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ditto, except I had a 1972 Malibu...in 1994. I could fit 10 people in that car, with the front and back bench seats. Sleep, etc, on the seats without issue. Good times for sure.
I dont have any pictures on this computer but I was rocking a 84 extended E150 my dad personally converted in 84 the year I was born. He cut 6 pop out windows in back curtains to separate it into 3 sections, King size bed that was a double bench, spot lights, blue lights, metal flake, panel paint, pinstripes, running boards, tv, vcr, 6x9 tritones, underbody lights, overdrive, tri color/tri-depth blue shag carpet, swivel buckets and all the camping travel kit needed packed under the bed. Just add gas and party!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably true, but it's not like he's going out to buy a new crate engine and put it in a Bronco. This is a project of opportunity. The @r21free got the opportunity to get a very good deal on a motor out of a wrecked car, that he thinks will be worth trying to swap into a Bronco.

I'm skeptical about whether he can pull it off, or whether the results will be particularly good, but I am very interested in seeing, if he succeeds at it, what the result turns out to be.

I think that more likely than not, if the result is a Bronco that will run at all, it will probably be inferior to what it was before he started messing with it. But maybe he'll manage to build something that's even better, and in any event, if it runs at all, it will be something very unique.
Cant wait to find the failed project as a barn find in 30 years. Gas motors will be gone for a decade and someone will stumble upon the wild voodoo horse. There will probably be a pile of body kit fenders and lightbars piled on top of it. Not that I dont hope it will fail but would be an epic find to pop a dusty hood and see a low mileage 5.2.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im putting a gt 350 5.2L V8 engine with a flat-plane crank that produces 526 hp and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. in my bandlands bronco with 7 speed manual trans.The trans is going to monster transmisson for rebuild. the question is will the front and rear diff need to be rebuilt..Or will it handle the power..
Yes, but just order the pricier aftermarket ones they are showing off this weekend at sema.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ok I changed it just for you... Didnt think I need to be so techical here...
“So technical” lol, your telling us what your going to do, which is a major technically challenging endeavor and your asking about the differentials? I think your going to have much bigger problems. :ROFLMAO:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it's good idea that you are going to try and integrate into the factory software. https://computools.com/ is is a computer genus. They can help with diverse software integrations to save more time on development and improve its functionality
Wonder if his computer whiz friend knows how to break RSA encrypted software? :LOL:

SVTPete83

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cobra, 92 Bronco, 2011 Raptor, Vans RV9A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems a lot of people like feeding the trolls…
Sponsored