EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've all heard that the stock Goodyear Territory MTs are rock chuckers. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's considering swapping their tires immediately once it's delivered to avoid having to install mud flaps. I've seen a few threads related to this subject, but I wanted to make a new one that's completely dedicated to those who have actually swapped their tires on their Sasquatch Bronco.

I have a few questions for those that have swapped their tires.
1.) What tires did you get?
2.) Did they improve rock throwing? Was the change significant?
3.) Does your Bronco drive better/worse than with the stock tires?
4.) Is your MPG better/worse than with the stock tires?

Also, please post a picture if you're able. :)
Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are going to throw rocks regardless. You may throw less, but you're still going to throw them. Due to the offset of the wheels vs the flares, you're likely going to hit your paint and damage it unless you use some kind of flaps.

I had General Grabber ATX on my Ranger Tremor and they were awful. I installed Rokblokz and it helped. I got Falken MT01s - the rock throwing was WAY less, so I took off the flaps. Guess what - more chips. Just had to leave them on since I live down a gravel road.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got 5,xxx miles on my Goodyears now and they aren't as bad, a little wear and now they're about like KO2s for rock throwing which isn't terrible. I'd still rather have KO2's but I can live with the Goodyears, I was very happy with them in the snow.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gravel comes in different sizes, different counties use different sizes of gravel.......different tires used different groove widths, not all tires use the same softness of rubber. All of that is a factor in what tires will or won't throw. We live on gravel roads so unless we want to switch to a firm highway tread with mud flaps or a crazy wide open mud terrain bias tire and use mud flaps, we're expecting rock chip regardless of what tires we choose. I honestly think a lot of the rock chip issues were from people that switched from a vehicle with highway tread to A/T tread for the first time ever and it surprised them. The only tires I've ever driven on gravel roads that didn't throw any are my 36" Super Swamper TSL that I use for crawling on my 71', because the grooves are so wide it can't pick up any gravel. Every other highway, A/T or M/T I've ever used over the last 30y has thrown rocks to some degree, and none of them really stand our as being worse than the others.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1.) What tires did you get? I went with Kenda Klever AT2s in the same size 315/70R17
2.) Did they improve rock throwing? Was the change significant? The new tires seem to throw fewer rocks, but still throws them.
3.) Does your Bronco drive better/worse than with the stock tires? The new tires are load range E, so they are a little stiffer. On the flip side, it does feel a little more stable in turns, so kind of a wash.
4.) Is your MPG better/worse than with the stock tires? Same

I also changed wheels and went with a different offset. The biggest thing I did to prevent rock chips was to add side steps. Now when a rock is flung, I hear it ping off the bottom of the steps.

image 2.jpg

image 1.jpg

image 4.jpg

Sponsored

creklaw

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced mine almost immediately. Went with Yokohama Geolander MT g003. I've now driven with these tires for 1500 miles and have not noticed them picking up or throwing any rocks. Tires are slightly louder than stock Sas Tires and do ride just a little rougher. MPG slightly worse but not terrible. I installed a 1" wheel spacer to get a little more poke.

Not sure I would go with those tires again. Everything is a tradeoff but would have liked to go Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT but backordered 8-10 weeks. Eventually will move to 37" tires and will try a different brand.

Ford Bronco Swapping Goodyear Tires on the Sasquatch Package IMG_2948
Ford Bronco Swapping Goodyear Tires on the Sasquatch Package IMG_2950

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a few questions for those that have swapped their tires.
1.) What tires did you get?
2.) Did they improve rock throwing? Was the change significant?
3.) Does your Bronco drive better/worse than with the stock tires?
4.) Is your MPG better/worse than with the stock tires?

Also, please post a picture if you're able. :)
1.) 35x12.50 r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
2.) yes, it certainly gets fewer rocks stuck in the treads
3.) not much different, slightly worse though, and much louder
4.) can’t say, my original tank of fuel lasted longer in the bronco than the original tires

Ford Bronco Swapping Goodyear Tires on the Sasquatch Package 9B246608-2D58-49C7-B189-363A959AAB9C
Sponsored