Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have two orders in at my dealer. One is a ’21 and the other is a ’22 (code 99). My dealer is kind enough to provide your spot in line which made me realize I converted my reservations in the wrong order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• My 2 reservations were only a few hours apart (Day 1 and 2) and the emails from Ford came in hours later, so I wasn’t sure which was place first.
  • As such, I converted in the wrong order, so my ’22 is actually my earlier reservation.
  • It wouldn’t bother me much, except as a result my ‘21 Bronco, which should be the #20 order for the dealer, is now #70.
  • Now I’m afraid I may be outside the dealer’s allocation

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switch em? 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer is saying they cannot swap the orders because only Ford can change the code 99 setting on the ‘22 and they aren’t having any luck getting them to change it.
  1. Does anyone know if this is true, that only Ford can undo this?
  2. Do you think I’d be able to call Ford to push this forward, as the dealer is saying they aren’t getting any response?
  3. Did anyone else have a similar issue?
  4. Do we have any idea on when the window closes for making changes? I know it’s once you have a Vin #, but is that expected to be next week...May...?
  5. Any other advice is welcomed...

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for the multiple posts...wouldn’t let me put it all in 1 thread.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're screwed, might as well cancel both orders.
Terrible.

Anyway.

Your dealer can absolutely change the priority codes and modify the orders. (You would know if your VIN was assigned). I wonder if the reason they are having trouble is because you still have options in the 99 order that are now MY22 only, and the system is giving an error.

That said, if your orders are only a few hours apart and very early, it may not matter so much which one you have as MY22. The 99 is skipped over, so it kind of doesn’t exist as far as the allocations go. Depends on how many orders your dealership has and how many fall in between your reservation timestamps... like. Exactly how much would that first reservation move you ahead?

::EDIT::

I see your early one is 20 and your later one is 70.

Yeah. Just have your dealer go in, make sure you don’t have any is the MY22 options (mod top, dual tops) on your 99 build, and then have them change the priority.

Then they can change the other one to 99

This should be 100% assuming Ford hasn’t done something funny on their end now that they’re starting to schedule...

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Terrible.

Anyway.

Your dealer can absolutely change the priority codes and modify the orders. I wonder if the reason they are having trouble is because you still have options in the 99 order that are now MY22 only, and the system is giving an error.

That said, if your orders are only a few hours apart and very early, it may not matter so much which one you have as MY22. The 99 is skipped over, so it kind of doesn’t exist as far as the allocations go. Depends on how many orders your dealership has and how many fall in between your reservation timestamps... like. Exactly how much would that first reservation move you ahead?

Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I discussed this earlier , the dealer can change the order up until a vin # is issued, and it takes about a week, I’m not going through it again, so find my old thread, some people are very ugly when it’s not quoted exactly right. It took me calling ford Corp to get correct procedure, then arguing with the dealer to change things, but yes it can be done and your place in line stays the same

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Terrible.

Anyway.

Your dealer can absolutely change the priority codes and modify the orders. (You would know if your VIN was assigned). I wonder if the reason they are having trouble is because you still have options in the 99 order that are now MY22 only, and the system is giving an error.

If I could swap I would move from number 67 to number 26

Sponsored
OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I discussed this earlier , the dealer can change the order up until a vin # is issued, and it takes about a week, I’m not going through it again, so find my old thread, some people are very ugly when it’s not quoted exactly right. It took me calling ford Corp to get correct procedure, then arguing with the dealer to change things, but yes it can be done and you place in line stays the same
thanks...I tried calling Ford to confirm if that was correct and see if I could push it along somehow with no luck. I’ll check out your thread....thanks again.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke.
Of course I know it’s a joke... but OP is worried that their orders are screwed up and they’ll miss out on their MY21, and is asking for guidance on how they should proceed.

Since they have such a low post count, I have no idea whether they’re in on the “you should cancel” joke, so I didn’t think this was the time to tell them all hope is lost and they should cancel their order... especially without any indication it was said in jest.

$0.02

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Swapping Orders 200

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Of course I know it’s a joke... but OP is worried that their orders are screwed up and they’ll miss out on their MY21, and is asking for guidance on how they should proceed.

Since they have such a low post count, I have no idea whether they’re in on the “you should cancel” joke, so I didn’t think this was the time to tell them all hope is lost and they should cancel their order... especially without any indication it was said in jest.

$0.02
Thank you...I don’t post much but i think I’ve read almost every post on this site. Appreciate the help, and the confirmation that the dealer can in fact make this change. I do have dual tops on my ’22 so that may be the issue and will pass along to the dealer to see if that helps them make the change.

Do you also think it’s fine that once the earlier reservation/order is move from code 99 to 19 they can then change the model and options on it? Because my ‘21 and ‘22 orders are different and would need to be swapped also.
Sponsored