First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
once you air down all that bloat will flatten out and will provide a bigger footprint which equals to more surface area which equals to more traction.

And that bloat protects the wheel.

Look at the raptor or any hardcore off-road tire setup. Tons of rubber .. what you call bloat.

Humor me will ya?
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

once you air down all that bloat will flatten out and will provide a bigger footprint which equals to more surface area which equals to more traction.

And that bloat protects the wheel.

Look at the raptor or any hardcore off-road tire setup. Tons of rubber .. what you call bloat.
Yes I am aware of that.
Raptor sure doesn't look as bloated though.
Anyway, I'll research the question I posed myself.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I purchased my 18 F150 FX4 I replaced the tires. I found a needy military family that needed tires and gave them to them free of charge.
Well played.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I figured the Duratrac was going to be replaced soon. The duratrac is an awesome tire. I run them on my Gen1 and my Gen2 Raptor.

Ford Bronco Swapping out MT 35 inch tire for AT? 1603805510914

Toyota is also putting them on the TRD.

It's starting to look like GY is going to replace the Duratrac with the Territory.

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Humor me will ya?
If you want the look of a more tucked in outer edge, buy a wheel that's a half inch narrower, but has the same backspacing. The squatch wheels are 8.5" wide, so buy an 8" wide wheel and stick a 35x12.50 or 315/70 on it..

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The real burning question I have is can we swap out the 35’5 for 37’s without any additional hardware added to the suspension?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a question and wondering if anyone has some guidance. I like the look better on Sas package, but not thrilled about MT tires. It’s been my experience that they are loud and I typically make a lot of work calls from my car. I can always swap them out for all terrain tires that are the same size, but I hate to go spend a grand to get rid of brand new tires. Is there a way to trade tires at tire places? Would my dealership swap out tires? Any guidance is appreciated.
The Goodyear Multi-Terrain tire is not going to be as loud as a Mud Tire . Look at the driver side rear tire tread here . It is rather mild in comparison to a Mud Tire .
Ford Bronco Swapping out MT 35 inch tire for AT? Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 11

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no one knows because no one has a bronco yet .. BUT my guess that 37s will NOT clear ... and you will have major rubbing when you articulate the suspension.

BTW ... on the raptor .. to do it correctly and install 37s without issue will run you roughly 15K.

The real burning question I have is can we swap out the 35’5 for 37’s without any additional hardware added to the suspension?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BTW .. the Raptor wheel and tire specs are identical to Bronco Sasquatch .. the only unknown is offset on the bronco wheel.

I think the bronco looks bloated when compared to the Raptor is because lack of wheel well spacing.

Yes I am aware of that.
Raptor sure doesn't look as bloated though.
Anyway, I'll research the question I posed myself.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the same concern. Love the look, but I plan on doing some cross country traveling. The roar of MT tires at 70 mph for hours on end kinda concerns me. I believe I read somewhere the Wildtrak has additional sound insulation...Maybe that will help... maybe I mistook what i read....

The only anecdotal example I can think of is to query an F150 owner that has these 35's and see if they have experienced too much noise... BTW, i see Tirerack has the Bronco on its sight. These tires, or similar, are pushing $1,500 a set plus install... Guess I don't want to get this wrong...
//Bump up the speed to 80 and the noise goes away,
Sponsored