Sponsored

Swapping Sasquatch Fender Flares for Standard Flares?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I realize this. Then why get the SAS on the badlands? 98% of the difference between SAS and badlands is the wheels and tires. Same suspension, ( minus a spacer) same axles, and with the auto the 4.46 to 4.7 difference is meh imo. Save yourself the SAS cost in the first place and just get the BL with the optional wheels. Just my opinion.
Gearing. Getting the 2.7 auto. It's $1500.00 more for the Sasquatch on the BL. Gearing would be more than that post sale. A lot of guys think gearing is not a major item to consider.
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I realize this. Then why get the SAS on the badlands? 98% of the difference between SAS and badlands is the wheels and tires. Same suspension, ( minus a spacer) same axles, and with the auto the 4.46 to 4.7 difference is meh imo. Save yourself the SAS cost in the first place and just get the BL with the optional wheels. Just my opinion.

Also, if you drop down to the 33's you're losing the 1" ground clearance the SAS gives over the badlands!
Who said anything about 33's??
I'll never be running anything smaller than a large 35.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gearing. Getting the 2.7 auto. It's $1500.00 more for the Sasquatch on the BL. Gearing would be more than that post sale. A lot of guys think gearing is not a major item to consider. 35's will be the smallest tires I run.
$1500?!? You sure? It's 4500$ in Canada. Lol. I'm not paying $4500 for wheels and tires (flares) and gearing I don't want. I drive 500 miles a week. Unless you're doing extreme offroading/ rockcrawling I'm pretty sure no one will notice that difference in this vehicle. But the power of perception is funny! That and it's your beast! You do as you please!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who said anything about 33's??
I'll never be running anything smaller than a large 35.
I was just going off you wanting to switch the the optional beadlock capable wheels. I'm ordering the optional wheels. Not the 35's. Lol. I assumed. My bad!

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you've been driving too long. A tire can chuck a rock pretty damn far without a flare. As if a flare helps, you say? Do us all a favor, don't get into the car design business. Or customer service either. Actually, anything where other people are involved. Thanks pal!
Sure a tire can
Not sure why you are so angry about the need to cover your tires. It is a law for a reason in several states as been said on here before. I work for the state of Cali as a civil engineer and I will guarantee you that drivers of dump trucks, low-beds, bottom dumps and anything else leaving my job sites are responsible for any debris (except straw/agriculture) that hit other vehicles on the road way. I have signed off on enough claims to know. You are allowed to make up whatever facts you want in your fairy tale land but you are personally responsible for what flies off your vehicle.
Oh....say no more!

fairy tale? I want to see you come to Louisiana and try to get a claim for a cracked windshield from a rock by an opposing vehicle. theyll laugh all the way home while YOUR insurance picks up the tab that Youre paying for..

Angry Im not angry. Guy who told me to "GFY" is the one who's angry. Acting like because its law another vehicle is responsible because a rock hits your vehicle. Good luck trying to get that claim

Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So a rock hits your windshield from a vehicle in front of you; hows that common courtesy that the vehicle in front has fenders or not? Common SENSE is more appropriate here. Ever saw a dump truck or 18 wheeler with a sticker on the dump, or trailer stating stay back? Theyre NOT responsible for what happens to your vehicle if theyre in front of you unless say the load was drop and youd hit it.
Hey champ, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those stickers are not enforceable. You can't just waive responsibility with a one-sided declaration. The only thing those stickers accomplish is deflecting claims from the weak-minded.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-art...s-scare-tactic-to-avoid-insurance-claims.html

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$1500?!? You sure? It's 4500$ in Canada. Lol. I'm not paying $4500 for wheels and tires (flares) and gearing I don't want. I drive 500 miles a week. Unless you're doing extreme offroading/ rockcrawling I'm pretty sure no one will notice that difference in this vehicle. But the power of perception is funny! That and it's your beast! You do as you please!
Good thing I don't live in Canada then, eh?
I don't give two shits what you do son..you asked for my reasoning and I gave it to you.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure you have a beautiful crotch but one thing you're not considering is that rocks can be thrown into oncoming traffic on 2-lane highways where they'll hit windshields with serious force.
I'm glad you brought this up! Oncoming traffic? NO way. rocks are thrown backwards from tires. Its law of motion. Question: Whenever you get a chipped windshield from another vehicle and I KNOW youve gotten one, did they pay for the replacement or the repair 100% of the time EVERYTIME? I'm gonna say NO.

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the ignore button.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey champ, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those stickers are not enforceable. You can't just waive responsibility with a one-sided declaration. The only thing those stickers accomplish is deflecting claims from the weak-minded.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-art...s-scare-tactic-to-avoid-insurance-claims.html
Well...I'm gonna say this. Insurance is a SCAM! Unless you have a police report, video ect? Youre not gonna get a company to pay for it. Perhaps in N. Carolina maybe? Thats not every state and ummm the internet.... cant always believe everything you read right? Law is not Law. I go to one state and travel 75mph in a 70? I'll get a ticket. Louisiana? No ticket. So I'm not arguing the fact nationwide. Im arguing it in a realistic sense. Not some fairytale unicorn land where everyone thinks we live in a perfect world and nothing bad can happen to us and if it does and its not our fault, we're not held responsible....

Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm glad you brought this up! Oncoming traffic? NO way. rocks are thrown backwards from tires. They never go forwards. Its law of motion. Question: Whenever you get a chipped windshield from another vehicle and I KNOW youve gotten one, did they pay for the replacement or the repair 100% of the time EVERYTIME? I'm gonna say NO.
You're really on a roll tonight. Tires can't fling rocks forward?

I've been in a vehicle where oncoming traffic has thrown stones at me; the lanes in my direction were empty. How does that work? It's easy. Tires pick up loose stones on the road surface in the tread continuously while driving; some stones remain lodged in the tread, but the stones that are ejected are randomly ejected throughout the arc of the wheel. A stone could escape your tread in any direction parallel to your direction of travel.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're really on a roll tonight. Tires can't fling rocks forward?

I've been in a vehicle where oncoming traffic has thrown stones at me; the lanes in my direction were empty. How does that work? It's easy. Tires pick up loose stones on the road surface in the tread continuously while driving; some stones remain lodged in the tread, but the stones that are ejected are randomly ejected throughout the arc of the wheel. A stone could escape your tread in any direction parallel to your direction of travel.
Ok thats like 1 in a million right? Youre far more likely to get hit following someone than crossing paths. Regardless, theyre not paying for your windsield. You do like everyone else, cuss, suck it up and move on. Its not the end of the world.

Here's why I'm on roll about this: Someone will bitch and moan about a rock hitting their windshield cause a piece of plastic may or may not be illegal but its perfectly fine for said plastic not to stop paint chips from happening on your bronco? And I can guarantee you'll get them. Is Ford RESPONSIBLE for that? You better believe some here will cry to Ford. And they'll say what I say. Suck it up!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. This thread really has gone sound. Let me try and help.

yes, rocks can do damage(if not more) from opposing traffic.

I wonā€™t speak for the entire US but in California if a gravel truck breaks your windshield that truck is usually responsible. I havemany friends that would get cracked windshields from other means, and to get them fixed would find a gravel truck WITHOUT its cover on and note their license plate and take a pic of the truck on the freeway.

the companies deal with it all the time and donā€™t create a fuss about the repair.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. This thread really has gone sound. Let me try and help.

yes, rocks can do damage(if not more) from opposing traffic.

I wonā€™t speak for the entire US but in California if a gravel truck breaks your windshield that truck is usually responsible. I havemany friends that would get cracked windshields from other means, and to get them fixed would find a gravel truck WITHOUT its cover on and note their license plate and take a pic of the truck on the freeway.

the companies deal with it all the time and donā€™t create a fuss about the repair.
Ok gravel truck. How about a regular truck and person who pings for it denies it? He said she said. Which is far more likely to occur. What then? Maybe in your country of California they peg someone to pay regardless of innocence if pegged. But in the rest of the US, that crap wonā€™t fly.

Plastic doesnā€™t constitute common courtesy. Thatā€™s pure unadulterated stupidity right there....

thatā€™s like me deciding Iā€™m gonna drive around without a bumper. I guess itā€™s common courtesy to have a bumper so incase I hit someone my bumper will take the shock? šŸ¤£

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs