Sponsored

Swapping Sasquatch Fender Flares for Standard Flares?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Its not an issue on the Badlands which is the model being discussed. On a Badlands with MT , gearing is 4.7 Don't need to regear. On a Badlands without MT, it's 4.46, which can comfortably run 35s, have no issues on the street and the Auto TQ converter will make this work
Will 4.46 "work" with proper 35's, yes It will work, but it's not optimal and for $1500 bucks the 4.7 gearing is worth it, to me. Also, perhaps you missed that 35s will be the smallest tire I run. Should I jump to 37s...then 4.7 will be even more of a necessity.
Of course 4.7 comes with the MT, I never said it didn't.
By your own admission you state the MT comes with 4.7 and doesn't need a re gear which implies the Auto could use it 4.7 with 35s. I run heavy for multi day off roading trips and will also be on heavy tires.

Put the money factor aside, it's not a concern.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will 4.46 "work" with proper 35's, yes It will work, but it's not optimal and for $1500 bucks the 4.7 gearing is worth it, to me.
For 35s 4.46 are fine for 90% of the people here, in fact probably better, since most will not be extreme off-roaders so the street rpms will be important to them.
I however, would prefer the 4.7s from the factory.
Also, perhaps you missed that 35s will be the smallest tire I run.
I did not miss what was not stated in this post
Gearing. Getting the 2.7 auto. It's $1500.00 more for the Sasquatch on the BL. Gearing would be more than that post sale. A lot of guys think gearing is not a major item to consider.
Run what ever you like.
Maybe you should look at my signature and my showcase.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing to keep in mind about swapping out sasquatch flares for standard flares: the front and rear bumper on sasquatch also have longer parts to match the wider flares. You'll probably have to swap those out too or it will look strange.

Ford Bronco Swapping Sasquatch Fender Flares for Standard Flares? ford-bronco-sasquatch-comparison-3-jpg~2

Ford Bronco Swapping Sasquatch Fender Flares for Standard Flares? 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Cactus Gray Grey 4 Door Hardtop 1(1)-01~2

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For 35s 4.46 are fine for 90% of the people here, in fact probably better, since most will not be extreme off-roaders so the street rpms will be important to them.
I however, would prefer the 4.7s from the factory.

I did not miss what was not stated in this post

Maybe you should look at my signature and my showcase.
Great.. so what the fuck are we carrying on about?
Sounds like we are on the same page.
I do agree it doesn't seem like a very high percentage of folks here are looking to push their Bronco..I am not one of those guys. This will not not be my DD and will be for off road trips only. And yes, I wheel to very remote areas, solo. Been doing so for many years.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are part of the same choir
LOL

But I was answering the statement made, without giving my opinion of what I prefer.

Sponsored

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Swapping Sasquatch Fender Flares for Standard Flares? 1E2453D3-3386-4232-A817-8A58F18929D4

I have unfortunately not seen a bronco in person yet but in some photos the squatch flares look perfectly fine IMO. There are definitely some unflattering photos though. I’m just gonna wait to see them in person and then make a decision.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone here with experience know if doing so will make a lot of dents in your paint (due to small rocks) on the side of the car?
With the fenders on there are some considerable splash patterns. With smaller or no fenders then I would expect a lot of paint rash.

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great.. so what the fuck are we carrying on about?
Sounds like we are on the same page.
I do agree it doesn't seem like a very high percentage of folks here are looking to push their Bronco..I am not one of those guys. This will not not be my DD and will be for off road trips only. And yes, I wheel to very remote areas, solo. Been doing so for many years.
people split hairs on Forums, they just do...

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We are part of the same choir
LOL

But I was answering the statement made, without giving my opinion of what I prefer.
You'll know when I ask a question, it will be much different than my statement(s).

Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just upgraded to Nitto Recon Grapplers and FE wheels, does anyone know the part number for those rear bumper pieces?

I have a set of standards if someone needs them, maybe do a trade?

Mg

738B6B75-2762-4327-8DCD-74347BE4C90C.png

Baja Blue Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO, 2016 f150, 2004 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands