Sponsored

Swapping standard bumper for Ford Heavy-Duty Modular bumper -- plug and play?

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Changing out a standard bumper with fog lights to a Ford Performance Heavy-Duty Modular. Will it install plug and play or no. I know fog lights will be an issue.
Sponsored

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NOPE! Not Plug and Play! Tow hooks from standard bumper have to be cut off or replaced with a bracket that is hookless!

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
NOPE! Not Plug and Play! Tow hooks from standard bumper have to be cut off or replaced with a bracket that is hookless!
Not only that but there’s a good 10 diffeeent parts that you need to assemble to make the modular bumper work. It’s not difficult, just expensive and tedious.

Sponsored

MTDewX8

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dang. just took delivery and for some reason I didnt get the modular have the steel bumper with hoods that fold down and are in line with the bumper not sticking out. so I was hoping it was a plug and play if I found a modular donor. sigh.... oh well. probably the same work for just getting after market than the modular if the same work has to be done.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cut off? But you can just unbolt them?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dang. just took delivery and for some reason I didnt get the modular have the steel bumper with hoods that fold down and are in line with the bumper not sticking out. so I was hoping it was a plug and play if I found a modular donor. sigh.... oh well. probably the same work for just getting after market than the modular if the same work has to be done.
Ilthe standard bumper is plastic, not steel. I'm not familiar with the details, but that may be the capable bumper on yours. I'd search if the capable and modular are intermountable.

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cut off? But you can just unbolt them?
The tow hooks on the standard bumper are integrated (welded not bolted) to the bracket that supports the intercooler! So…yes…cut off with angle grinder or replace with hookless ones that were designed specifically to work with the mod bumper!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The tow hooks on the standard bumper are integrated (welded not bolted) to the bracket that supports the intercooler! So…yes…cut off with angle grinder or replace with hookless ones that were designed specifically to work with the mod bumper!
Ahh ok I gotchya. Yeah I replaced mine with the RC conversion but it does incorporate the intercooler support.

LenchoSS

Outer Banks
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not only that but there’s a good 10 diffeeent parts that you need to assemble to make the modular bumper work. It’s not difficult, just expensive and tedious.
Do you happen to have that parts list? I can't find it anywhere!!
Sponsored