Sponsored

Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The sway bar is on the back of the front end and its unobstructed. Keep up

Badlands 2 door at Super Cel West
6F7A6C6D-23E4-4359-93F4-A10D208B222F.jpeg
nice pic! That is awesome location. At least the heavy sway bar will not flop around like on my wrangler. Just have to look at the link ends, could be great new to manual disco and aftermarket without having to deal with hydraulic oem version.
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

nice pic! That is awesome location. At least the heavy sway bar will not flop around like on my wrangler. Just have to look at the link ends, could be great new to manual disco and aftermarket without having to deal with hydraulic oem version.
This one has got to be the easiest sway bar to remove. Others are easy, but this one seems to be deliberately engineered to be removed. ?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

image-jpeg.jpg

if the bronco has the ford or equivalent forward skid plate installed, that doesn't look so easy to remove/disconnect the antiswaybar

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The sway bar is on the back of the front end and its unobstructed. Keep up

Badlands 2 door at Super Cel West
6F7A6C6D-23E4-4359-93F4-A10D208B222F.jpeg
When you DC a sway bar that part stays in place. All the same the end links should be pretty easy to get to if that much of the bar is exposed

OP
OP
4Bronc

4Bronc

Wildtrak
First Name
4Bronc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

...well, just want the traction and articulation off road, and the handling on road- but Need the 2.7 auto in traffic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4Bronc

4Bronc

Wildtrak
First Name
4Bronc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any reason you wouldn’t just get a Badlands Sasquatch with upgraded 2.7L? As the common saying goes on this forum, “You can make a Badlands a Wildtrak, but you can’t make a Wildtrak a Badlands.”
...good call, brother. Switching to Badlands...

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have zero experience rock crawling so my comments are to be taken in that light. Also I'm not about to take a $60k vehicle rock crawling.

If one reads the Jeep forums, you'll note that more than a few posters have stated that their Rubicon auto sway bar disconnect tends to stick or fail. These guys say it's actually preferable to have the manual sway bar disconnects. It seems like a pretty easy thing to pull out out the retention pin on the manual disconnect.

I can't image the Bronco not having such an aftermarket option.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have zero experience rock crawling so my comments are to be taken in that light. Also I'm not about to take a $60k vehicle rock crawling.

If one reads the Jeep forums, you'll note that more than a few posters have stated that their Rubicon auto sway bar disconnect tends to stick or fail. These guys say it's actually preferable to have the manual sway bar disconnects. It seems like a pretty easy thing to pull out out the retention pin on the manual disconnect.

The Bronco swaybar disconnect is very different from the Jeep. The hydraulic setup is supposed to solve the finicky activation issue.

Manual disconnects are fine, but you still have to swing the bar out of the way somewhere. Nissans and Toyotas are notorious for having nowhere to go once the bar is disconnected. It remains to be seen how the Bronco will shake out.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep has a mechanical disconnect that, I believe, requires being on level ground to connect/disconnect. The Bronco has a hydraulic disconnect that can reconnect in any position. Pretty convenient to be able to connect and disconnect without even having to slow down vs with manual disconnects, parking on flat ground and crawling under the vehicle, in possible wet or cold conditions, to reconnect. The SWB is not a cheap option, but you need to weigh price vs convenience.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Comparing Jeep's disco to Bronco disco is like comparing drum brakes to disc brakes. Yes, they both do the same thing but they do it quite differently and with different levels of efficiency. Jeep disco can't be used under load, for instance, while Bronco's can. Nothing at all wrong with Jeep's system, and there's a reason the Bronco's is expensive, but they are quite different. The Jeep people getting their Ruby disco's stuck don't understand how they work and/or don't know how to use them.

Sponsored

ColoradoChris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I heard that you can't add "sport" mode to a badlands but you can get Sway Bar disconnect added to Wildtrak. Sport mode is going to be helpful with all the mtn driving I do in CO.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I heard that you can't add "sport" mode to a badlands but you can get Sway Bar disconnect added to Wildtrak. Sport mode is going to be helpful with all the mtn driving I do in CO.
Neither of those options is available from the factory, so it's all just guessing. You may be to use ForScan to edit the GOAT modes. That's just as likely, at this point, as you being able to add the factory SWB to a Wildtrak after the fact. Everything is theoretical until people get their Broncos and start tinkering.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco hydraulic disco is unique to the Badlands. It may be technically possible to acquire the hydraulic unit and associated/required hardware to retrofit into a Wildtrak but it would probably be spendy. I have no doubt that the same suppliers of the various "manual" disco's available for Jeep and other offroad vehicles will probably step up and supply similar systems for non-BL Broncos.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do a manual disco, you just disconnect 1 side. The sway bar will be attached to the other wheel still and not flop around other than moving with that sides suspension. It may clatter a bit if you get really crossed up but not bad.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is more to consider then just, "well just get the Badlands and add the squatch" then to get it all. There can be reasons this may not work out the best, but highly comes down to how long you care to wait for the vehicle. Ford has already said that when they go to schedule builds, they are going to also have batch builds. So lets say all things being equal they say they are going to build each model line evenly on the assembly line. Badlands getting a certain percentage, Wildtrak getting a certain percentage, etc.

That will mean that Wildtrak's may get priority over Badland builds for the Sasquatch package when building. Why? Because you can't make a Wildtrak WITHOUT a Sasquatch, where you CAN build a Badlands without it. This MAY mean that if you squatch a Badlands, it may be very possible your build get pushed towards the end of the line as they may prioritize to make Badlands not asking for the squatch addon moving your build way down the line for a commodity they said is limited. Wildtrak's may get built with no disadvantage to their schedule while Badlands with squatch do.

Not an issue if you dont care when you get your vehicle, but if you do, and if I was a betting man, I bet Ford will push squatch Badlands to late 21 or MY22 builds and Wildtrak's will be affected less. Not something they have confirmed, but makes the most logical sense when they are trying to schedule product planning. It is possible all squatch builds will be late availability, but time will tell. Just my thoughts on that. Considering I will not need the additional travel that the swaybar disconnect will ever offer me, I am not opting for a Badlands squatch build. Your mileage may vary.
Sponsored

Last edited: