Sponsored

Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak?

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have zero experience rock crawling so my comments are to be taken in that light. Also I'm not about to take a $60k vehicle rock crawling.

If one reads the Jeep forums, you'll note that more than a few posters have stated that their Rubicon auto sway bar disconnect tends to stick or fail. These guys say it's actually preferable to have the manual sway bar disconnects. It seems like a pretty easy thing to pull out out the retention pin on the manual disconnect.

I can't image the Bronco not having such an aftermarket option.
Try the bronco off-roadeo moab..... it will change your mind....
Ford Bronco Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak? 20210927_141013
Ford Bronco Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak? IMG_20210926_220711

I did not think i will do rock crawling either with 50k brand new truck.

But after the roadeo i was realy impress how capable the truck is and how eazy it was... my bronco did not have the sway bar disconnect and you can also do a lot in 4L without the need to activated the locker...
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have zero experience rock crawling so my comments are to be taken in that light. Also I'm not about to take a $60k vehicle rock crawling.

If one reads the Jeep forums, you'll note that more than a few posters have stated that their Rubicon auto sway bar disconnect tends to stick or fail. These guys say it's actually preferable to have the manual sway bar disconnects. It seems like a pretty easy thing to pull out out the retention pin on the manual disconnect.

I can't image the Bronco not having such an aftermarket option.
Jeep's is electric and the Bronco's is hydraulic.

RXV_POOR

Base
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus GS 350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tries an Antirock sway bar kit yet?

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know why you couldn’t buy the sway bar disconnect components from a badlands and install them on another model without it? Without ever comparing them it seems like it would be possible... maybe?

Rkreger2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The debate of badlands and wildtrak is interesting. I get the importance of sway bar disconnect and think the badlands system is awesome but for those that REALLY off road the benefits are mute. I've owned a Jeep Rubi, I get the quirks of that system but honestly I realized manual disconnects are just fine. I never had an instance in which I was "mid obstacle" and decided I needed to disconnect, always did at trailhead or before obstacle. If the issue is getting out of vehicle to do it, I always had to get out to air down tires anyways. Honestly this fancy system is for novice wheelers. The rock crawl feature is also cool but all that is needed is low gearing, low range, manual discos, and lockers. You don't need any special throttle calibration or skid steer. All real cool but benefits are minimal even for real wheelers. I'll go for gearing, power and beefy hoss 3.0 suspension over these fancy features.
Sponsored