Sponsored

Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak?

4Bronc

Wildtrak
First Name
4Bronc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2.7 Wildtrak- will i miss out on Not having the sway-bar disconnect? ...think there will be (if not already) aftermarket or ford factory? option
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen some reference a manual after market solution that is under $100.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your not trying to climb over large obstacles that work the suspension hard you won’t miss much. But if you plan on doing that you’ll want to get the optional lockers, open diffs will spin like crazy. Like you and ASU Jonna said there will be manual disconnect options at least. Probably something like this.

317A56ED-D170-4F20-9C50-6EE77DFDAE65.jpeg

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any reason you wouldn’t just get a Badlands Sasquatch with upgraded 2.7L? As the common saying goes on this forum, “You can make a Badlands a Wildtrak, but you can’t make a Wildtrak a Badlands.”

Sponsored

MSF

Wildtrak
First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any reason you wouldn’t just get a Badlands Sasquatch with upgraded 2.7L? As the common saying goes on this forum, “You can make a Badlands a Wildtrak, but you can’t make a Wildtrak a Badlands.”
the badsquatch costs substantially more

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the badsquatch costs substantially more
But you get more trail useful addons such as rock rails , under armor, steel bumpers, rock crawl mode. Plus a more outdoor friendly interior.

MSF

Wildtrak
First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But you get more trail useful addons such as rock rails , under armor, steel bumpers, rock crawl mode. Plus a more outdoor friendly interior.
I gotta see the B&P before i decide what i want, but i really had my heart set on the badlands at first just because of the sway bar dc.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta see the B&P before i decide what i want, but i really had my heart set on the badlands at first just because of the sway bar dc.
Personally I wish it wasn't an automatic unit. The pure extra cost for one & that It will be convenient when it works, but when it fails it's gone from my truck. There is less complexity to manual disconnects. I've run years without sway bars front and rear with no problems so that is my back up plan when it does give up the ghost. YMMV.

Sponsored

MSF

Wildtrak
First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally I wish it wasn't an automatic unit. The pure extra cost for one & that It will be convenient when it works, but when it fails it's gone from my truck. There is less complexity to manual disconnects. I've run years without sway bars front and rear with no problems so that is my back up plan when it does give up the ghost. YMMV.
In that case, an aftermarket on a wildtrak sounds awfully good rn. I dont rock crawl anyways so it'd be a bonus if i get the badlands

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The sway bar on the Bronco looks to be SUPER easy to remove. It might be the easiest to remove of any factory vehicle.
It’s on the back side and it looks like there’s nothing in the way. You could remove it when you’re heading out to the rocky trails.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one I ordered for my JKU, if they are compatible, $90 +shipping and it’s yours!

image.jpg

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just realizing that this really is going to be the first true rock crawler that you can get optioned from a dealer... I can’t wait for the first YouTube videos of people trying to rock crawl their $60K+ Bronco who have never spent any serious time on a trail let alone rocks. Should be entertaining.
For me, I am sticking with a Wildtrak purely for the fact that I DONT want to be tempted to rock crawl my vehicle. Off-road and overlanding are great options for me and yes, I am fully admitting to my limitations!

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs