SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so are there any manual swaybar disconnects out yet?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would bet that in the end, the CHCM just decides whether to supply 12v to a solenoid valve that is normally closed in order to open it, and you could do that with a switch, if you want to be able to just connect or disconnect on command without the safety feature of reconnecting in certain modes and speeds. Kind of like unbolting the links without the hassle.

Not to say I might not lose that bet, but the sway bar disconnect is incredibly mechanically simple and I think most of the controls are to keep people from disconnecting it when they shouldn't.
That may work but I would want to have confirmation that it does not require a PWM, CAN bus or similar type signal first before applying 12v directly.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would bet that in the end, the CHCM just decides whether to supply 12v to a solenoid valve that is normally closed in order to open it, and you could do that with a switch, if you want to be able to just connect or disconnect on command without the safety feature of reconnecting in certain modes and speeds. Kind of like unbolting the links without the hassle.

Not to say I might not lose that bet, but the sway bar disconnect is incredibly mechanically simple and I think most of the controls are to keep people from disconnecting it when they shouldn't.
If I was a betting man, I would bet with you. But with the Bronco we don't know what we don't know...yet.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the reason the Badlands trim exists. They have to differentiate the 37 trim options somehow.

I'm pretty sure the Rubicon is the same way.
You can't even get locking diffs if you don't buy the Rubicon trim level on a Jeep.
Sponsored