First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered a Bronco with badlands,sasquatch, lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I plan to place my order on Monday. I wanted to order a 2.3/7spd Badlands with MGV and LUX. I'm hearing the 7spd won't be an option, so I may go with the 2.7 with the auto trans. If I chose not to get the LUX package how is the base stereo? Can the built in garage door opener be configured to any other package I do not see it as an option? For those of you who offroad. Is the sway bar disconnect that imperative? If I do not order a badlands SAS, I'm going to order an outer banks with SAS, and that will not have the sway bar disconnect feature. What are your thoughts???
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright so... a lot of questions, so I'll just answer them one by one:

The base audio system is bad given the overall cost of the vehicle. But... honestly... the B&O system isn't stellar either given the relatively high cost of the Lux package. The good news is because the base audio system is so bad several people on this forum have figured out upgrade paths you can do yourself.

You cannot get the garage door opener without the Lux package

I have the Badlands trim and been off-road multiple times since delivery. I've only needed to use the sway-bar disconnect once. In fact, I would rather NOT have the sway-bar disconnect system because it is a relatively expensive component, and has not yet been proven long-term. Unfortunately, the oddities around the 7-speed manual pricing more or less forced me into it.

---

If you order the Sasquatch, Lux, and/or the Hard Top come Monday, there is a very good chance you will not get your Bronco during 2023 as all of those options are heavily constrained. If you order just the Sasquatch package, there is still a decent chance you'll see your Bronco since the Sasquatch package is the least constrained of those items. But if you add two or more of those items, it's going to be a big gamble.

If it doesn't get built, you will have to resubmit your order come 2024 with the new 2024 pricing.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would rather NOT have the sway-bar disconnect system because it is a relatively expensive component, and has not yet been proven long-term.
Why is a relatively expensive component a bad idea to get?

Also, the entire vehicle hasn't been proven long-term, basically. But here we are. Also, that's what the warranty is for.

I've used my sway-bar disconnect quite a few times and it's pretty awesome!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can't speak to your other questions, but the base stereo system is awful. Plan on at least replacing the 4 inch speakers.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is a relatively expensive component a bad idea to get?

Also, the entire vehicle hasn't been proven long-term, basically. But here we are. Also, that's what the warranty is for.

I've used my sway-bar disconnect quite a few times and it's pretty awesome!
The sway bar disconnect system is a hydromechanical system that is not considered to be user serviceable. In addition, when it fails your vehicle may be limited to 20 mph. For a component that I rarely use, isnā€™t user serviceable, costs a fortune to fix/replace, and can dramatically limit the operation of the vehicle when it failsā€¦ thatā€™s a lot of liability I rather not have.

It is true the vehicle itself is unproven, but technologies themselves within the vehicle have been proven. Ford has done E-lockers multiple times before in other vehicles.The 2.3L engine is almost a decade old and used in Fordā€™s #1 selling SUV. Same goes for the 2.7L and Fordā€™s 10-speed auto.

The only truly new mechanical components is the MT88 manual transmission, and the sway bar disconnect system. The MT88 already has grinding issue in cold weather. Luckily the sway-bar disconnect seems to be solid, but weā€™ll see 5-8 years from now.

Iā€™m not concerned with issues under warranty, Iā€™m concerned about the cost to repair the vehicle 5+ years from now when the warranty ends and stuff naturally starts to wear.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get a kick out of the forum hating the sound system. There is so much noise compared to a fixed roof vehicle that even with better speakers are you really going to have better sounding music with the road noise? How about when the top is off and the windows are down?

If you like to have music so loud itā€™s going to attract attention, yeah probably not the sound system for you. If you want to play music or podcasts while driving it is more than adequate and frankly like everything in life you get used to it.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't speak to your other questions, but the base stereo system is awful. Plan on at least replacing the 4 inch speakers.
So the OP doesn't get the wrong idea . . . NEITHER stereo system is very good. One upside of the bad stock system is that it is easier/cheaper to upgrade than the bad B&O system.

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
MRBOHN23

MRBOHN23

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered a Bronco with badlands,sasquatch, lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright so... a lot of questions, so I'll just answer them one by one:

The base audio system is bad given the overall cost of the vehicle. But... honestly... the B&O system isn't stellar either given the relatively high cost of the Lux package. The good news is because the base audio system is so bad several people on this forum have figured out upgrade paths you can do yourself.

You cannot get the garage door opener without the Lux package

I have the Badlands trim and been off-road multiple times since delivery. I've only needed to use the sway-bar disconnect once. In fact, I would rather NOT have the sway-bar disconnect system because it is a relatively expensive component, and has not yet been proven long-term. Unfortunately, the oddities around the 7-speed manual pricing more or less forced me into it.

---

If you order the Sasquatch, Lux, and/or the Hard Top come Monday, there is a very good chance you will not get your Bronco during 2023 as all of those options are heavily constrained. If you order just the Sasquatch package, there is still a decent chance you'll see your Bronco since the Sasquatch package is the least constrained of those items. But if you add two or more of those items, it's going to be a big gamble.

If it doesn't get built, you will have to resubmit your order come 2024 with the new 2024 pricing.
Thank you for all of this great insight. I was unaware I'd have to resubmit the build, the dealer did not mention that, but I will bring that up with him Monday morning.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a bright note. The terrible sound system makes it up to only sounding bad with music recorded in high quality. So there is that occasional time where I say hey this only sounds bad.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for all of this great insight. I was unaware I'd have to resubmit the build, the dealer did not mention that, but I will bring that up with him Monday morning.
My advice: DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MONDAY! Go to your dealer as soon as possible and get your order ready (all the details worked out) so the Dealer can place it on Monday early, or when the order banks actually open.

For the MY 22, the order banks ā€œofficiallyā€ opened (according to the information here) on 10/13. My MY 22 reorder order was ā€œplacedā€on 10/8 according to the Ford documentation.
Sponsored