Sponsored

Swaybar disconnect. Worth the upgrade to badlands?

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sway disconnect can be done manually, save some money if you don’t need the cool factor.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have to ask, you probably do not need it ...unless all of a sudden you have decided to jump off balls deep into offroading your brand new Bronco.

For those asking, sway bars improve on-road handling, but limit articulation offroad.
In the reveal video, they have a good example of one at work.

About 5:15 in .....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a lot more to Badlands than sway bar disconnect.
Not if you’re getting Sasquatch anyway. That’s the reason to jump to Badlands...I wish it were a stand alone option.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it may be more challenging to keep the sway bar ends out of the way on an IFS vehicle once the end links are disconnected. I can't think of any other reason disconnect kits are not more commontly available for Tacoma, 4 Runner, Ranger, Zr2, and other popular IFS off road vehicles.

Is anybody able to enlighten me here?
I can only comment on the 4runner (and likely the same on the tacoma) but from what I've read most people will just zip tie them out of the way to make sure they stay out of the way. I think the main reason there aren't more kits is because people just don't want to bother with it.

To the op, if you are going to get the sasquatch package anyway it's probably not worth upgrading to the badlands package. For me I was the badlands because it will have almost the same stuff as a sasquatch but give me a manual which is one of the most important factors for me. Like others have said there will be manual disconnects available.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those asking, sway bars improve off road handling, but limit articulation offroad.
In the reveal video, they have a good example of one at work.
I think you intend to say “sway bars improve ON-road handling”, not “OFF-road handling”. They help more to stabilize the vehicle in high speed than the low speed stuff like when off roading.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the price difference between a Black diamond and Badlands both with 2.7/Auto/Sasquatch will be less than $1k. I did the math in the package prices thread.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're also forgetting the upgraded suspension system in the badlands. You're not just getting the sway bar disconnect.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you intend to say “sway bars improve ON-road handling”, not “OFF-road handling”. They help more to stabilize the vehicle in high speed than the low speed stuff like when off roading.
Thanks, fixed ...I'm not used to anybody paying attention to anything I say anyways. LOL

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the price difference between a Black diamond and Badlands both with 2.7/Auto/Sasquatch will be less than $1k. I did the math in the package prices thread.
Thats all speculative, right?

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
see any real options for aftermarket front sway bar disconnects for the Ranger. Plenty of options for the Wrangler, though with SFA probably easier to engineer than for IFS. More than likely not springing for a Badlands. Here’s to
Toyota used to have a RSCA cutoff switch that they seem to have deleted on newer models.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This will be interesting to see as well. Because with some GOAT modes it will lock the diffs for you.

For example: The Mud mode will supposedly lock the diffs (if you have them) and switch to 4-hi. Wheels speeds can be high going through some mud. I would hate for my lockers to unlock as I'm trying to keep wheelspeed up to keep the tire tread clean.
I might be wrong but looks like you control the sway bar and lockers here

hero.png
Sponsored