Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As my Bronco will be hanging on to the back of my RV for thousands of miles I have to really look at both weight and rolling resistance, besides won't be doing much rock crawling, mostly desert running. So BD non-sas with 2.7 & Mid 2-door for me.
Mine will also be a toad part time and I get you on weight and resistance. But, I'm Basquatch because I will occasionally need the extra off-road performance. If needed I'll downsize tires later to lighten it up.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was on BB until I found the MGV. That alone sticks me on BD.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it worth upgrading to the advanced 4wd system I always stick with the basic system on my black diamond build
You'll get automatic drive engagement during inclement weather without having to adjust the setting manually. You also get improved total gear ratios:

Ford Bronco Sweet spot For the money - Black Diamond non-Squatch 1605471905166

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it worth upgrading to the advanced 4wd system I always stick with the basic system on my black diamond build
If you get snow and ice, yes.

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Ranger is in the garage when home but at work it sits in the baking sun all day. yes the black leather is hot but with the windows tinted and a sunshade I've never felt it was so bad I wished I had cloth. Plus the Bronco will be so much fun out in the desert I just can't imagine how awful it would be with cloth seats. I take a damp cloth and wipe my leather down in a few minutes and I'm gtg where dust just stays trapped in there.
I hear you. But tinted windows and windshield shade don't help much with the roof and doors off lol. I wear shorts 360 days/year and don't think I want to be peeling myself off of vynil every time I'm in and out.

So I guess it is comfort vs convenience

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remote start, assuming you are doing the automatic, is on the FordPass application (from what a local dealer has told me). So you technically do not need the Mid to get it (assuming that you are a smartphone user that is).

Maybe one of our dealer reps can verify this for us @brocotect ?

@NayNay , @EricAtKearnyMesaFord , @Granger Ford ,@Zach@Granger
Correct but it has to have the modem. Then you download the Ford pass ap and you're good. Manual transmission it can't be done.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My thoughts are, if you are getting a New Bronco that as standard equipment has a removeable roof and doors, then you want an SUV that exposes you to the elements. So why does any of the Mid Package equipment add to the experience of an open truck? Vanity lights in the visors, BLISS, Cross-town Traffic, collision avoidance, auto high beams? Lane Keeping? Really? To me all of that crap is antithetical to the purpose of a Bronco. What does make sense? Vinyl seats up-leveled to marine-grade, and rubber covered wash-out floors. Minimum infotainment junk; in the daytime sun you'll probably not be able to see the screen anyway. I'm sure the aftermarket will offer a bikini top for the hard top models and a full cab-over cover.

My 2 cents at least.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct but it has to have the modem. Then you download the Ford pass ap and you're good. Manual transmission it can't be done.
Errrm, you had me until "Modem". What is needed for that to happen? Hook the truck to my cell account and subscribe to some hotspot feature?

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are, if you are getting a New Bronco that as standard equipment has a removeable roof and doors, then you want an SUV that exposes you to the elements. So why does any of the Mid Package equipment add to the experience of an open truck? Vanity lights in the visors, BLISS, Cross-town Traffic, collision avoidance, auto high beams? Lane Keeping? Really? To me all of that crap is antithetical to the purpose of a Bronco. What does make sense? Vinyl seats up-leveled to marine-grade, and rubber covered wash-out floors. Minimum infotainment junk; in the daytime sun you'll probably not be able to see the screen anyway. I'm sure the aftermarket will offer a bikini top for the hard top models and a full cab-over cover.

My 2 cents at least.
I want it all?? In MI you can only do exposed to the elements about 4 months a year, so since it’s my DD and it’s so damn cold here for 4 months and totally unpredictable another 4 (it was 75 three days ago, 21 degrees yesterday morning and 50 and 40mph winds today) I want some creature comforts. After detailing my vehicles yesterday, I did decide 100% on Black Diamond /MGV. Dogs are gonna be dogs...

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Errrm, you had me until "Modem". What is needed for that to happen? Hook the truck to my cell account and subscribe to some hotspot feature?
No no. It's already built into the vehicle from factory. I think they all have them now but I'm not 100% sure.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No no. It's already built into the vehicle from factory. I think they all have them now but I'm not 100% sure.
OK, so it seems like that would be able to be verified at Order Guide/customer build time then?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want it all?? In MI you can only do exposed to the elements about 4 months a year, so since it’s my DD and it’s so damn cold here for 4 months and totally unpredictable another 4 (it was 75 three days ago, 21 degrees yesterday morning and 50 and 40mph winds today) I want some creature comforts. After detailing my vehicles yesterday, I did decide 100% on Black Diamond /MGV. Dogs are gonna be dogs...
Fair enough.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, so it seems like that would be able to be verified at Order Guide/customer build time then?
Or someone who's got more intelligence than me on the Broncos. I'm not the know it all lol. I've been educated by others from this forum on lots of things I had no clue about.
Sponsored