Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I wouldn't bet on a retro fit. Between the steering handle, to the extra pumps and tubes.

One thing I don't know if anyone has looked at is if the rear defroster button was there on a soft top (can't count the concept Frankenstein's).. so that could be missing as well.

And then of course you'd be giving up the whole reverse wiper feature :sneaky:

I think folks that have switched better have done so because they truly are ok with a soft top. If you are like me and know 100% that you want a hard top.... Best to suck it up and wait.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1080 transmission was said a while ago, Sasquatch was said it was a steal at $5k last year and many other things were said last year that they went back on. This and many other things they have said since the reveal have been different. Those of us that have pretty much watched all the bronco vids. and have been on this forum since the reveal know what I am talking. Hell, there have been people on here longer than that and know all the shit ford has messed up. You sound like one of the rockstars that work for ford 😅
I don’t understand the Sasquatch for $5k thing. That’s exactly what it costs on a Base.

Between prototypes and production things can change. It says that on ever piece of Ford material.

Getting bent because you don’t understand simple things like that isn’t Ford’s fault now is it.

If anything you sound more like a Jeep troll.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all…I switched my order for an Outerbanks Bronco from a hard top to soft top this week and am told that my order will be picked next week.
I will buy the hard top when available but I really want the wiper and defrost functions to work. My salesman is telling me it will be able to work but I’m not 100% trusting his answer.
Im a pro when it comes to Vettes and the order process etc…new to Ford and Bronco and will be selling my JL Wrangler Safari when I get my Bronco.
Any insight on if this is true is appreciated.
If you replace enough parts, you can retrofit anything. However, time and money will be your enemy. Besides having to rip out half your interior to run the wiper line and defrost wiring. You’ll need all the required hardware that they connect to. Depending on how it was designed, this could include replacing the washer fluid reservoir and even switching out parts of the wiring harness.

You doing it yourself, would be an epic and informative future B6G thread. You relying on the dealership to do it, will empty your pockets and add to the list of B6G complaint threads. 😂

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Asked my dealer those exact questions. He said that he has no idea if retrofit would work or be available. Also said that choosing soft top MAY get me and earlier build, but he could not guarantee an earlier build. Also said he has seen the whole gamut of configurations for scheduling.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know about the top thing, but I do know that the "schedule" is claiming next week is strictly FE builds 🤞

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t understand the Sasquatch for $5k thing. That’s exactly what it costs on a Base.

Between prototypes and production things can change. It says that on ever piece of Ford material.

Getting bent because you don’t understand simple things like that isn’t Ford’s fault now is it.

If anything you sound more like a Jeep troll.
Sas is $7,385 on base & big bend, $6,885 on BD, $5,790 on outer banks and gets cheaper as you go since they already have some of the sas parts.. It was originally around $5k across the board. That's what made base such a deal before they jacked the price up. Oh yea, I am troll. Being doing that for a year now 😅
Ford Bronco Switched from Hard top to Soft…told harness can be retrofitted 1623508484585

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is going to be very expensive and time consuming to retrofit for hardtop later. Ordering with the hardtop now will not delay you for that long and you won't have to deal with the bs later. the MIC top is $695 now. It will probably be $22-2500 a la carte later, plus the installation of wiring, hoses, new pump, etc. Probably close to $4000 when you're finished. And, God only knows how long it will be before they allow you to buy the hardtop. Maybe a year after you get your Bronco? So, for the first year it will be nice and loud in your vehicle.

wrangler2bronco??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i have a JLU (new style 4 door) wrangler soft top. Looked into getting a hard top after the fact before i ever ordered the wrangler. It would have been about $2400 - $3000 for it after the fact with the plumbing and wiring. Much cheaper to get it factory equipped. But they can be had on the wrangler forum for around $1200-$1500 for a non painted one. Then you have to still have to wire and plumb. No thanks.

Oh, and the noise level is what it is. Wranglers and Broncos aren't fixed roof with insulation type of vehicles. They will be noisier than a normal vehicle.

If and when i get a Bronco it will be a 2 door. Waiting for new vehicle quirks to surface and for a cool green color, white hardtop and interior accent colors to change or at least a no accent color option.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer has known less information then what is posted on this forum about 75% of the time, so I would not put much faith in his response. I just don't think they are getting info any faster then the folks on this site, and they don't take the time to follow this site...so I find them less informed.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People who live in every state other than Florida?
Also includes the wiring for the defroster, which you also need if you live anywhere that rains or gets below 30. So, you know, most of earth.
It's a pretty small view out the back so I wonder how much of a difference the wiper and stuff will actually make. Even if I got the hard top I wasn't going to use the wiper and stuff. I Have a plan to bypass all that and have a wider view of what is behind me. Still baffles me that ford wouldn't put the hookups in all the broncos

OP
OP
NyVetteGuy

NyVetteGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 C8 Corvette / 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so here’s the update…I just texted my sales guy and told him to switch to Hard Top and I’ll just wait…the lack of concrete information from Ford is frustrating…

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whaaaaaaaat? Look at what you would be missing. 😄

Ford Bronco Switched from Hard top to Soft…told harness can be retrofitted 1623512586103

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Switched from Hard top to Soft…told harness can be retrofitted 1623514243276
Sponsored